Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you look like?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

What do you look like? This is me! :)

IMG_5106.jpg

After this pic was snapped, did they fall on you? And it looks like you are on a spaceship, because the background has stars!

me - always hiding behind something or someone in photos this time it's my hair :lol

Kelli said:
After this pic was snapped, did they fall on you? And it looks like you are on a spaceship, because the background has stars!

Nope, they didn't fall! It's just the angle of the pic that makes it look like it lol :lol

Ginger said:
me - always hiding behind something or someone in photos this time it's my hair :lol

You look like a very fine Lady, Ginger. Very attractive.

Here's a picture of me I uploaded.... I'll keep this link for about a week since I am basically reserved.

http://www.geocities.com/abreone/tim_from_pa14.gif

This was taken about 2 years ago so I look pretty much the same, and in two days I'll hit my "Jubilee" birthday. Ugggg! Actually, I feel fine!!

John said:
Vic C. said:
Should we merge this thread here?

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13061&start=210

Might be a good ideal. :yes

Man that's an old thread!! I started at the first page and I don't even think most of those people even post here anymore.

Any way here's me...
597282957.jpg

Just Kidding, but if you do want to see me (don't know why you would) just click the link for my website it's my blog with a pic of me on the right.

lovely said:
Ginger, it's nice to 'see' you. :)

Thank you Tim for your nice comment (not true but appreciate it :lol ;) ) Love putting a face to you - so friendly and nice looking too.

You wouldn't have normally, only that I cut of 18" of my hair 3 weeks ago for locks of love and my husband took that photo, there isn't even a before and after as I HATE getting my photo taken - too self conscious. :oops

I quickly looked at the other thread (where are the photos of all the mods? - you naughty people :) ) a few just had the word 'image' and could not see it.

lovely - what can I say - you are stunning! I have managed to not fall into temptation of coveting, in this instance of envious of your looks - coveting it/wishing I looked like that (just!). ;)
Truly are a beautiful person inside and out.

Sheshiowon (know I spelled that wrong!)
You look so happy and lovely, the kind of person that draws people to her, friendly and knowing your posts, just backs it up.

Nikki is lovely as well, if I have missed out any regulars (talked about John before - really nice lad) sorry but there is a lack of photos :nono ( :biggrin )

Kelli said:
Ginger,

You are beautiful!!! You shouldn't be self conscious! And I love your hair cut. :shades

Kelli

Thank you. (I am trying just to take a compliment but whether it's because I am British can't do it. then someone said to me once, it sounds like you are fishing for compliments if you keep denying a compliment, whatever it may be for. Although that was far from the truth I wouldn't want to get the wrong idea so am now just trying to say thank you when someone likes a meal I cooked etc - it's so hard though!)

I feel I have to explain my comment to lovely. Recently I was convicted of sin re covetousness. I didn't realise it was, as I wasn't obsessed with anything or gave it much thought but it was still there, however small it may be (there are no small sins).

I used to hear beautiful singing in the church and it moved me so much, I said 'I wish I had that voice'. I was happy for the person(s), I wasn't jealous but would have loved the gift of music myself.
Also I used to see Angelina Jolie and thought how beautiful she is (but I sadly didn't stop there) and then wished I looked like her - 20 pounds heavier as she is too thin but still the wish was there.
As I said before I didn't dwell on it, was happy for them so didn't even enter my mind it was sin, actually I think I was proud of not being catty!

Then I realised wishing/wanting something you don't have is by the nature of it being covetousness however you dress it up. God didn't grant me that gift or make me look like that and it's like a smack in His face as He created me, gave me other gifts and I was telling Him it wasn't good enough!! And maybe the reason God didn't grant me those things was because I could have been so big-headed and so full of pride because of it!

Anyway long story nearly over ( :lol ), when the thought comes to my mind, how beautiful someone/thing is I am now aware of my previous sin and don't go there, reject the temptation of going further to 'I wish" and call it out and just stay with being able to appreciate someone/thing. That's what I was doing in case anyone was wondering.

Ginger,

Thanks for the sweet compliments.
Isn't it precious Jesus in us makes us lovely?

Anyway, I think the photo you saw is at least four years old. I'll have to look. I will try to post something more recent, because age and disease have changed my looks a great deal. The blessing is that Jesus in me has only grown since then, because of the age (time with Him) and disease (affliction that teaches). It's neat how that works.

The Lord bless you. I like the hair cut too. I also donate my hair, and it's getting time again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back