Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you think Jesus wrote on the ground?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So if the Bible does say what He wrote what do you think He wrote?
I'm still waiting for the answer with baited breath too (from that anchovy pizza, of course!) :lol I know JLB will be back soon to tell us and show us the scripture because he would never make a statement like that and not answer a question about it!

I'm still waiting for the answer with baited breath too (from that anchovy pizza, of course!) :lol
Anchovies, baited breath. Anchovies are fish....we catch fish with bait....anchovies can make your breath stink all the way up to the third heaven. Not bad, not bad at all. I'm impressed. :salute

He was writing -

I LOVE KATHI !
smiley-happy120.gif
He loves everyone.

And why could they not do adultery ?
It's not 'why could they not', it's 'why would they not'.

Generally speaking, they kept the letter of the law. What they failed so miserably at was being on the inside what they appeared to be on the outside. They didn't commit adultery, they lusted. They didn't steal, they were greedy and tight-fisted. They didn't murder, they hated.

Most likely, Jesus wrote other commandments of God in the dirt that convicted the 'righteous' Pharisees of his own guilt before God. Actual adultery just wasn't going to be something you could nail on a Pharisee. That is the comfort the Pharisee had, imagining himself righteous before God. Start talking about coveting, and greed, and hatred and you've got a case against a Pharisee.....if they hang around long enough to listen to what you say.

No one knows for sure of what Jesus wrote and since he wasn't listening to their complaints, instead he ignored them and IMO wrote reference to the law about those being sinless to cast the first stone as when he stood up he spoke: He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

My Bible gives me three cross references for John 8:7:

Deu 17:7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.

Jer 17:13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Rom 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Back