Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you think of Smart Phones?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think there is a purpose for everything, and Smartphone are no exception. Having said that, I have not come across a need to have one at this point, and have not felt the desire to purchase one. I still have a cell phone that just has a talk and text plan, and don't plan on getting anything that requires a data plan just yet. Though, from the selection offered by my provider I may be forced to get one sooner than I would like.

My main reason for not wanting to get one is I know myself too well, and would end up playing games on it rather than anything really productive.

I'm on my iPhone right now. It's really handy to be able to find phone numbers and locations quickly while I'm out. Nice for fact checking and pulling up videos when hanging out with friends. I mostly use it for playing music in my car (you can literally play any song you want instantly.. Through your car speakers.

I'm on my iPhone right now. It's really handy to be able to find phone numbers and locations quickly while I'm out. Nice for fact checking and pulling up videos when hanging out with friends. I mostly use it for playing music in my car (you can literally play any song you want instantly.. Through your car speakers.

Im on my IPhone too.. It's pretty handy :) how much was your iphone?

I was due for an upgrade so it was only $99. It's just the iphone4, 8gig. I've had it for a year and a half and the speaker just broke.. luckily I'm due for an upgrade again. I'm just getting the 8gig iphone4 again but this time IT'S FREE!! Yay!

I find I like to get away from all the technology when I'm out on the road. So I just have a dumb phone. If I really need to call someone I can dial their phone number on the number pad and in a few seconds they answer their phone and I can talk to them. What more can I possibly need? Text messages? Nope. If I can't see your body language while your talking to me, I at least want to hear the tone of your voice. No text on my phone for me. No thanks. I get more than enough of that on the internet.

So just to write something usefull on topic... those phones are very helpfull for many needs.
But I'm boycotting them. I used to have a cell phone that was capable of internet access at a time when iphones or smartphones were still a very rare and expensive luxury thing. So basically I had phone internet access before anyone else had. I got VERY addicted to it. I caught myself walking around in the streets looking at my phone display. Or sitting in a church service refreshing my facebook page (I was very facebook addicted in those days, too).

There seems to be a huge problem in many families with teenage children being so dependent on their smartphones that their family life is disrupted. Instead of meeting their friends face to face and hanging out or (younger kids) playing outside they rather play digital games and commincate via text messages. I wonder what that's gonna do with that generation's minds and bodies.

There seems to be a huge problem in many families with teenage children being so dependent on their smartphones that their family life is disrupted. Instead of meeting their friends face to face and hanging out or (younger kids) playing outside they rather play digital games and commincate via text messages. I wonder what that's gonna do with that generation's minds and bodies.

This is why we will not allow our kids to get cell/smart phones until they are able to afford it themselves. Even then we would lay down some ground rules involving when it is and is not appropriate to have their phone out, and using it.

It seems there is peer pressure among kids about having a smartphone or an iphone. If you don't have one the other kids in cour class may give you a hard time about it. I heard more than one parent caved in because they didn't want their kids to be excluded.

Aw man, being young is hell.

I love my smartphone, I don't like it that they release so much new stuff though, makes your smartphone get outdated within 1-2 years, for example my Galaxy S 1 still has Android 2.2 while they have Android 4.X now, and a lot of new apps/games are being developed for that, and not supported for Android 2.2 :/

Back