Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What does God need our love for?

What does God need our love for?

• For him

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • For something else (Please explain)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There was this one girl in hospital who was a JW, but she only took interest in me once I ask to have the Jehovah witnesses visit me in the hospital.

Your not making much sense, unless your talking about mental illness in which you thought God was talking to you and it disturbed you.
In which Case, God had nothing to do with any of it, and we are told to cast down thoughts that do not line up with scriptures anyway.

My mom went to the nut house for that exact same thing. God said her children would die for her sins, God said this, God said that.
I told her more than once, that she was commanded to cast down any thought, imagination, and bring it into subjection of the Word.
Also, the Lord does not speak in audible voices, anyone that hears God knows that, and I told her that also.

Sadly, a Prophet does not have honor in his own house, I did not know what I know now, but enough to know she was hearing something other than God.

God is not the author of confusion anyway, so any voice or thought that causes stress and confusion then just by obeying the Word, one would know it was not God anyway. I am not against folks wanting to hear God, but if we got confused, it's time to get direction from someone that knows, and through faith and patience has inherited many promises.

It is biblical to think you hear God, and go ask for help. I have on a few things and get another witness. I would not pick a JW though, that part makes no sense, I would pick a tongue talking believer who is no novice.

Mike

There was this one girl in hospital who was a JW, but she only took interest in me once I ask to have the Jehovah witnesses visit me in the hospital.

Are you saying she had no interest in you just as you were, but only if you seemed to want to subscribe to JW?

If so, that says something about JW, and not something good.

come talk about lusting for her after being married to her for twenty years , then that love is what? loving her for her as its all you have. the love of "desire" versus the love of want as in lusting.lusting makes babies, but doesn't hold a marriage.

come talk about lusting for her after being married to her for twenty years , then that love is what? loving her for her as its all you have. the love of "desire" versus the love of want as in lusting.lusting makes babies, but doesn't hold a marriage.
I don't understand anything in your post, can you re reply.

I don't understand anything in your post, can you re reply.
when we marry, we often don't love her, its lust plain and simple. then when that body fades. the trials then its really what love is. with god he is much more pure then this. he loves without condition. he choose to love us. he doenst need to , but simply wants to love us. we have NOTHING to offer him but ourselves. despite that he sees something beautiful which he wants to make us.

Yeah that's it, she wouldn't be my friend unless I joined with the JW's

Trying not to sound too judgmental here but fact is fact and I doubt God was really happy with that at all. Even knowing that, when we see people act like that, it can be a little heartbreaking...would be for me anyway.

when we marry, we often don't love her, its lust plain and simple. then when that body fades. the trials then its really what love is. with god he is much more pure then this. he loves without condition. he choose to love us. he doenst need to , but simply wants to love us. we have NOTHING to offer him but ourselves. despite that he sees something beautiful which he wants to make us.
Real love is to use your desire to learn about someone and not prevent them to use their desire to learn about you.
Fake love is to use your want to learn either good or evil things about someone and only let them use their same want to learn either good or evil things about you.

Trying not to sound too judgmental here but fact is fact and I doubt God was really happy with that at all. Even knowing that, when we see people act like that, it can be a little heartbreaking...would be for me anyway.
It kinda was since I liked her too.

Real love is to use your desire to learn about someone and not prevent them to use their desire to learn about you.
Fake love is to use your want to learn either good or evil things about someone and only let them use their same want to learn either good or evil things about you.
this isn't what I was addressing. we all put the good foot out first. we don't on the first date talk about our failures. we will foul up and they will see it.

Don't you Christians read your bible, Knowing good will kill you.
gee. so if I imagine that im ok , its ok because I want to. I guess when I put my military uniform on I shouldn't inspect it for flaws and correct. that is the point of reading the word. we will never be perfect. but we can change what god asks us to work on.

gee. so if I imagine that im ok , its ok because I want to. I guess when I put my military uniform on I shouldn't inspect it for flaws and correct. that is the point of reading the word. we will never be perfect. but we can change what god asks us to work on.
Well change is apart of the learning process which is something that's dependent on desire not want.

Section 2: Specific Rules and Guidelines
2.1: This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity (or declare that it is false) and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act. Please read: Statement of Faith

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back