Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not “Yes” and “No.” 19For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me and Silas c and Timothy—was not “Yes” and “No,” but in him it has always been “Yes.” 20For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 21Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

By believing they already have what we were told to endure till the end for, it accommodates their sinful lives.
There is no need to "fear God" if you believe in OSAS doctrines.
So when you gather with your fellow believers & friends on Sunday to share faith, encouragement, and enrichment in God, what is the name of the Church you congregate in ?

Those in Christ, a new creation, will remain faithful. Our will is involved as well as God's.

If they cannot continue to sin then how do they become unsaved?
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
Who is Paul teaching?

Galatians 5:21-23
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Time but not inclination.
That is why I posed the question to you according to your theology that you seem quite timid to answer

David did not repent of his sin with Bathsheba for over a year .
He had plenty of time .
Human nature according to God's Word is not conducive to immediate repentance .
From the very first humans to sin . Adam & Eve .
Who after sinning did not call out to God to repent & tell Him they had fallen.
Quite the opposite, their natural inclination as sinners was not to repent but to avoid God & hide from Him:

Gen 3:8

....and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Human nature being what it is as declared by God , my question is a valid one & deserves an answer from you according to your theology of lost salvation

Unless of course we get run over by a bus just after failing to endure for the 52nd time , and prior re-enduring for the 53rd time
In that case we are doomed to hell , correct ?
YES ? Or No?
Where sin abounds grace abounds even more in the new covenant

The non physical part of a person is justified at the same time God grants them salvation. It is eternal
2cor4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. We are to be given an eternal body.
Day by day cos we must ask for Grace daily

Do you understand grace? You seem to have a boatload of requirements

“For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3“Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me” a ? 4And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” b 5So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

I have been appointed to eternal life by the will of God. HE put His Spirit in me. That Spirit moves me to follow Him. I know I'm not free to sin. I know to love my neighbor as myself. I know Jesus Christ my Lord. I live by believing in Him. Though one day my body will die I will live and never die as Jesus has my life in HIS hands.
Grace and the spirit are NOT irresistible
You must choose to be faithful
Abide Jn 15:4
Endure Matt 24:13
And suffer Phil 1:29

Explain
Jn 1:16-17
It was Jesus who gave the law to Moses. The law was given for several reasons. The law was given to lead men to Christ.
Gal3;24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Jesus dies for the elect sheep who have eternal life as soon as they believe
All that the Father gives to the Son, come to Him and he saves them. He is the only mediator
Eph 2:1 & 2:5
Those who were dead in sin are drawn savingly to Jesus.

It was Jesus who gave the law to Moses. The law was given for several reasons. The law was given to lead men to Christ.
Gal3;24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Jesus dies for the elect sheep who have eternal life as soon as they believe

All that the Father gives to the Son, come to Him and he saves them. He is the only mediator

Those who were dead in sin are drawn savingly to Jesus.
The life it speaks in grace

You cannot have salvation and salvation more abundantly!

Grace and the spirit are NOT irresistible
You must choose to be faithful
Abide Jn 15:4
Endure Matt 24:13
And suffer Phil 1:29
Our will is involved. We wouldn't resist after coming to know the Lord by that grace. We would endure to the end by Gods will in Christ. God is able to keep us from falling as already stated by scripture.

Jude 24-25

New International Version

Doxology​

To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22​

Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
1 John 5:4-5
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Philippians 1:6​

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

2 John 1:9
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Who is Paul teaching?

Galatians 5:21-23
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. He is not backing down from grace. As in those who came to trouble the Galatians will the need to obey the law of Moses.

He's teaching the newly minted in the meaning of the new message of life found in Christ. The gospel message was first preached in a world with many different customs and many false Gods. The knowledge of the truth was given. Those who received such light and believed were made into a new creation. Christ in us. The jews who believed had a much more solid foundation and understanding in the ways of God than the who were once pagans and lived in unrestrained sin. He is not stating the Galatians who came to Christ were murders, drunkereds, etc. Those people do not belong to Christ.

Those who are born of God do not continue to sin. Those who claim to know Christ but live in disobedience don't know Him and are those Jesus stated honored Him with their lips but their hearts were far from God. God knows who loves Him, fears Him and believes in Him.

But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not “Yes” and “No.” 19For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me and Silas c and Timothy—was not “Yes” and “No,” but in him it has always been “Yes.” 20For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 21Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
Amen !
Do you think that those who lie, steal, and murder, are standing firm in Christ ?
Do you feel that they have God's Spirit in their heart ?

The church is called "The Church By Christ Jesus (Eph 3:21)".
And, we gather on more day than just Sunday.
You have a website for it that gives out informational things like locations of branches in various states ?
I'd like to see if there is a branch near me I can attend and learn more in person .

You have a website for it that gives out informational things like locations of branches in various states ?
Sorry, no.
I'd like to see if there is a branch near me I can attend and learn more in person .
I rejoice at your interest !
But you will have to ask God for directions to faithful brethren.
He will not withhold that information.
He caused me to lose a job, move across town, (San Diego, CA), get a new job, made my car to break down, see a man carrying a bible at my job, and put him in my way as I walked home from work.
I talked to him, and he invited me to a mid-week gathering, and I was baptized that night !
God can get the hopeful with the faithful !

I was once in NY. NY. for work, and while I was there I passed out fliers in Queens, near Central Park, and all over Long Island...for a week and a half.
I didn't get a single call on my fliers. 😢

Amen !
Do you think that those who lie, steal, and murder, are standing firm in Christ ?
Do you feel that they have God's Spirit in their heart ?
1 john 2:4
Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

I'd like to see if there is a branch near me I can attend and learn more ?
Sorry, no.
Why not?
That makes no sense .
Besides my own church , I belong to at least 3 other groups that gather on a regular basis for non-spiritual activities, an art group, a neighborhood support & watch group, a golf group. a boating club.
They all use the websites to communicate important and timely information.
Cancelations, changes in dates , emergency needs within the church / community , members suddenly taken ill in between gatherings, prayer needs , etc,etc,etc,.
Right now I am filling in, taking care of the organizational duties for a member of one these groups who suffered a stroke.
All of this being organized on the fly as needed by means of electronic communication .
Here is a small example of the communications put out on the web from my own church .
All being subject to being updated if need be for any circumstance.

===========================================================================
Sunday Morning Adult Bible Study:

All members of the congregation and guests are invited to attend one of our two Adult Bible Study classes that meet Sunday morning during the Christian Education Hour, 9:40 am-10:40 am, in the Education Wing, downstairs in Room 309 and Room 307.

Men’s Breakfast Bible Study (MBBS):

Every Friday morning at 6:30 am the men get together for coffee, light breakfast and in-depth focus on God’s Word.

Home Studies:
Every Sunday evening from 6:30 to 8 pm
Of course, all men and adults are encouraged to attend studies that are listed under the
adult category of current activities.
==========================================================================
Don't tell me your church does not organize anything in your community to reach out & support the lost, the weak , the needy , the spiritually wounded ?

I can't believe that any regular gathering of believers in this day of technology does not avail themselves the ability
to electronically further the purpose of God the Father, to Bless others ?

You certainly seem to believe in the ability of electronic communication here on this website.
Fully engaged electronically as you are on a daily basis
How odd then that your church does not take advantage of electronic communication in like manner ?

And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. He is not backing down from grace. As in those who came to trouble the Galatians will the need to obey the law of Moses.

He's teaching the newly minted in the meaning of the new message of life found in Christ. The gospel message was first preached in a world with many different customs and many false Gods. The knowledge of the truth was given. Those who received such light and believed were made into a new creation. Christ in us. The jews who believed had a much more solid foundation and understanding in the ways of God than the who were once pagans and lived in unrestrained sin. He is not stating the Galatians who came to Christ were murders, drunkereds, etc. Those people do not belong to Christ.

Those who are born of God do not continue to sin. Those who claim to know Christ but live in disobedience don't know Him and are those Jesus stated honored Him with their lips but their hearts were far from God. God knows who loves Him, fears Him and believes in Him.
I’m only asking is it possible to choose to sin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back