Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What Does This Bible Verse Mean?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
for the last time if you been truly saved stop doubting accept it by faith..

I am getting stronger with it. It is just a slow learning process for me. I will just have to continue praying and working harder. I just need time. As for studying the word of God I do but I just look at some things differently than others and I'm really sorry but not even you are going to change that. End of subject and back to topic before this gets out of hand.

One way I've look at it is that, God gives us the strength to stay near Him. It's not something we can take much credit for. That said, we still do have our tasks that are given to us. It's just that with the world as a whole there is a lot that tries to pull us away from God. Everyday worries and the struggle of life along side countless philosophies and perspectives to drown out our closeness to God. So it's by His power that we are His, and it's Him that draws us to Him.

All we need to do is to seek Him, and do our best to follow Him. It's a consistent thing to do. But if we do that, then I think God will hold on to us yop. God will sometimes even call those who were never looking for Him too. So take heart. God loves you and doesn't want to lose you. He is stronger then any doubts the world has to offer you.

One way I've look at it is that, God gives us the strength to stay near Him. It's not something we can take much credit for. That said, we still do have our tasks that are given to us. It's just that with the world as a whole there is a lot that tries to pull us away from God. Everyday worries and the struggle of life along side countless philosophies and perspectives to drown out our closeness to God. So it's by His power that we are His, and it's Him that draws us to Him.

All we need to do is to seek Him, and do our best to follow Him. It's a consistent thing to do. But if we do that, then I think God will hold on to us yop. God will sometimes even call those who were never looking for Him too. So take heart. God loves you and doesn't want to lose you. He is stronger then any doubts the world has to offer you.

Thanks, He has told me that Himself actually that my faith in Him is stronger than my doubts and you know what? I do believe that He is right. And I really don't want to lose Him either considering all that He has done for me.

I am getting stronger with it. It is just a slow learning process for me. I will just have to continue praying and working harder. I just need time. As for studying the word of God I do but I just look at some things differently than others and I'm really sorry but not even you are going to change that. End of subject and back to topic before this gets out of hand.
use the commentaries i provided im your study

But seriously this is Bible study so I really don't want for my unorthodox belifes to escalade and cause a problem. Anyway, I was just asking a question about it since it would seem like you don't really have salvation if you find yourself frequently doubting it. I'm not actually doubting at this time though so... :topic

Yes thank you! That makes a lot more sense to me. :) The only thing I don't get is if we truly feel that we accept Christ in our hearts, then why does our mind sometimes deceive us with doubt?
Because God gave us a new man, but He never changed the old man and they are in conflict with each other (Gal 5:16-17)

Okay,.. so what does that all mean in simple terms.

To me it means you drive a lot better if you keep your eyes on the road ahead, not the rearview mirror!

Philippians 3 puts it well -

Press on Toward the Goal

12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

But seriously this is Bible study so I really don't want for my unorthodox belifes to escalade and cause a problem. Anyway, I was just asking a question about it since it would seem like you don't really have salvation if you find yourself frequently doubting it. I'm not actually doubting at this time though so... :topic
discussing them and others responding with scripture could help you out.... keep asking questions i feel like your over looking the Bible study tools i provided . i have to do research all the time on answers to questions i dont know .. have you tried to use the study tools .did you read the scriptures i posted . all this will help you understand...
I was just asking a question about it since it would seem like you don't really have salvation if you find yourself frequently doubting it. I'm not actually doubting at this time though so
this is why i provided you scriptures ..once again the Devil wants you to doubt just like with eve Did God say... look up and read the fall in the garden and the effects it has had on us.. see Jesus Built a bridge a way of escape at the cross

I haven't read it so far because I am just getting over a massive headache. I promise that I will at some point though.

So let me guess Jesus= the road and the rear view mirror= the devil right?

The rear view is our own past and our failures, the road ahead is indeed Jesus. If we keep our eyes on Him, we will drive a straight line and bear much fruit, if we look to ourselves for affirmation or confidence, we will quickly mount the curve and run over a cat!

The rear view is our own past and our failures, the road ahead is indeed Jesus. If we keep our eyes on Him, we will drive a straight line and bear much fruit, if we look to ourselves for affirmation or confidence, we will quickly mount the curve and run over a cat!

Well I definitely don't want to do that! I love cats! They're my favorite animals and not only that but I love most animals except rats and snakes. Snakes are literally of the devil. :lol Anyway, I guess it's like the time when Peter wanted to walk on the water and the second he took his eyes off of Jesus he started to sink.

Well I definitely don't want to do that! I love cats! They're my favorite animals and not only that but I love most animals except rats and snakes. Snakes are literally of the devil. :lol Anyway, I guess it's like the time when Peter wanted to walk on the water and the second he took his eyes off of Jesus he started to sink.

We've all done it!!! Think about the warmth of a fathers heart who picks a sobbing, bruised toddler up a hundred times. Think of the look on his face as he looks down at his struggling child. If you can catch a glimpse of the empathy and patience in his eyes, I think we have understood "Aba" a little better.

You know, I just realized something. It seems like the more I start to doubt and question, the more I start to look for answers. If I really wasn't a saved individual I don't think I would do that. I would just turn my back on God and not even care right?

You know, I just realized something. It seems like the more I start to doubt and question, the more I start to look for answers. If I really wasn't a saved individual I don't think I would do that. I would just turn my back on God and not even care right?

When I first believed, I must have slipped my hand up a dozen times as the preacher closed a meeting - I just wanted to make sure I was saved!!!

I watched this one a while back and it helped me understand the simplicity and beauty of the Gospel.

God bless

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back