Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Exactly Is Anxiety

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Harmony07

MEANING OF ANXIETY

Anxiety and fear are major features of modern life. Their impacts are very costly on economy and health of people all over the world. Anxiy and fear are not exactly the same thing when defined technically. Howey, they are related. As such, both terms are used interchangeably in this article
A guide to good health

MEANING OF ANXIETY

Anxiety and fear are major features of modern life. Their impacts are very costly on economy and health of people all over the world. Anxiy and fear are not exactly the same thing when defined technically. Howey, they are related. As such, both terms are used interchangeably in this article
A guide to good health

That's true. Anxiety is directly related to fear.

Do you like to read scripture? A lot of things are repeated over and over in scripture. God wrote it that way to bring our attention to it as being important that He wants us to learn that. So when you see something in scripture that is repeated, take notice cuz it's important.

That said, would you like to know what phrase is repeated in scripture more than any other?

The phrase has a few different forms but it all means the same thing. And since it's repeated more than anything else, it is likely, very crucial for us to understand and obey! Does that make sense?

The most often repeated phrase in the Bible bar none, is...Do not fear. Fear Not! Knowing this is the key to anxiety and fear. We know that Perfect Love casteth out fear. So fear is the opposite of Love. God is Love.

So no wonder God kept repeating do not fear! Because He wants us to learn to Love and to walk in love. As He is. The more of God that we have, the more Love that we will have naturally, and the less anxiety and fear.

So if I may offer my 2 cents to people who deal with anxiety and fear problems? DO not look at the anxiety. Do not look at the fear. Look at God.

Remember when Jesus called Peter out of the boat to walk on water? At first he was walking on water, but then he took his eyes off of the Lord and looked towards the fear and boistrous sea. When he looked at the fear, he began to sink. Keep focused upon the Lord.

Anxiety as an emotion is normal and even healthy, but only in small doses. When it goes on too long or when it is high (creating a clinical level of distress) it is considered pathological. I suffer from chronic anxiety. Sometimes I don't even know why I'm anxious, and yet multiple physical symptoms and a generalized feeling of impending doom still plague me.
God gave us anxiety (fight-or-flight) for a reason - if we weren't anxious, we wouldn't have a sense of danger approaching that keeps us safe. But clinical anxiety is when people's natural, God-given fight-or-flight system doesn't work like it's intended to. It may overreact to perfectly benign stimuli.

That is so wrong. Fear & anxiety are in no way normal or healthy. God did not gift us with anxiety, that's preposterous.

I have not given you a spirit pf fear but one one strngth courage and a sound mind...Ring a bell?

You seen very well read in clinical anxiety and all that stuff. You almost seem to embrace it. No wonder it's bad for you. Don't focus on the fear, focus on the Lord alone. Then the peace of God will envelop you.

The peace of God is not anxiety, so you seem to be making a mistake in your calculations. There's so many scriptures which mention, the peace of God...right? What is the peace of God to you? Don't you understand that the peace of God would replace your anxiety? You don't like the anxiety, do you?

Yeah
That is so wrong. Fear & anxiety are in no way normal or healthy. God did not gift us with anxiety, that's preposterous.

I have not given you a spirit pf fear but one one strngth courage and a sound mind...Ring a bell?

You seen very well read in clinical anxiety and all that stuff. You almost seem to embrace it. No wonder it's bad for you. Don't focus on the fear, focus on the Lord alone. Then the peace of God will envelop you.

The peace of God is not anxiety, so you seem to be making a mistake in your calculations. There's so many scriptures which mention, the peace of God...right? What is the peace of God to you? Don't you understand that the peace of God would replace your anxiety? You don't like the anxiety, do you?
Yeah.. true God gives peace but it doesn't mean we should sit around and be idle.. the bible says an idle man is the devil's workshop.. the article touched some bits of these things

Yeah

Yeah.. true God gives peace but it doesn't mean we should sit around and be idle.. the bible says an idle man is the devil's workshop.. the article touched some bits of these things

Who said anything about sitting around idle. Being idle has nothing to do with the peace of God. This is felt inside of your being in your spirit.

Who said anything about sitting around idle. Being idle has nothing to do with the peace of God. This is felt inside of your being in your spirit.
Trust me....Having the peace or sprit of God and just sitting around isn't enough.. either you're studying your bible, reading a book, being social, watching a movie etc.. my point is be doing other good things that will take your mind away from worrying... Spend good time with family etc...

Well I think the author's point is that God is no magician . It's like having an exam coming up in a week and you're not preparing for it saying God is by you and you'll come out in excellence.. I think the author is saying that it's not enough to have the spirit of God.. keep yourself, your mind busy..i.e spend quality time with family, studying the Bible, watching movies, being social.. the author also talked about being social and our Health... You'll find that Here

Trust me....Having the peace or sprit of God and just sitting around isn't enough.. either you're studying your bible, reading a book, being social, watching a movie etc.. my point is be doing other good things that will take your mind away from worrying... Spend good time with family etc...

Ok I already said don't be idle. Sitting around idle dwelling on your anxiety or fears is a sure way to make them grow.

Well I think the author's point is that God is no magician . It's like having an exam coming up in a week and you're not preparing for it saying God is by you and you'll come out in excellence.. I think the author is saying that it's not enough to have the spirit of God.. keep yourself, your mind busy..i.e spend quality time with family, studying the Bible, watching movies, being social.. the author also talked about being social and our Health... You'll find that Here

I didn't read that article. I don't want have to download and install anything. So that's amedical based article? Medical mumbo jumbo. Don't even read that crap. Instead spend your time reading the word of God.

Colossians 3:2-17
3 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. 3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your[a] life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.

5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. 6 Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming.[b] 7 You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. 8 But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. 9 Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. 10 Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. 11 In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile,[c] circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized,[d] slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us.

12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.../NLT

Look at verse 14 my friend. Clothe yourself with Love. That's not a suggestion, it's a commandment.
Fear & Anxiety are pretty much anti-Love.

Somehow you give me the impression that you're talking to yourself and just wanting more input to consider?
Okay, I'll provide some until you tell me to shut up, lol.

Choose wisely the medical stuff that you allow yourself to read. They are big business, they need customers. Their articles and papers will talk you into believing that you have a problem and need them. Oh yes, they have a pill for you. But there will have to be followups so you became a patient now! It's gobbldygook friend. Trying to drum up new business. Do you want to be able to fathom truth in this world? Then put your attention and focus on God. Read the Word, not that crap! Think about God, and Heaven, and Love These are the things to dwell on.

Scripture tells us how to spend our time and thinking about what things? Good things.

Phillippians 4:8-9
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.../NLT

and the KJV for reference

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.../KJV

It gives a list of things to think on. Fear or Anxiety is not on the List!
Stick with the Bible.

Back