Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What fruit do you think the Tree of Life produced?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
In the garden of Eden there was many trees with all kinds of fruit good for our eating. But one that God put in the middle or midst of the garden was called the Tree of life.
Another that was a forbidden tree called, the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil ,who’s fruit would make one to be like a god.
What do you think the Tree of life’s fruit was to produce?

Genesis 3
22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”—

Very good, but do you think that it was just a health tree, like the rest of the trees which were for our food which obviously we know they have vitamin's and minerals for our well being too right? Or could there be something else more important that the fruit of this tree had, that would help us to live forever by?

Before they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil...........they were only good.

Now that they know good and evil, they cannot live forever on earth because good and evil cannot mix in eternity.

Very good, but do you think that it was just a health tree,

There is no mention of the Tree of Life being a "health tree". Eating from the Tree of Life gave the individual eternal life. The bible makes no mention of what this tree was or the healing properties it contained.

Before they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil...........they were only good.

Now that they know good and evil, they cannot live forever on earth because good and evil cannot mix in eternity.

So, do you think that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil produces wisdom like God's wisdom or just good and evil thinking and doing?

There is no mention of the Tree of Life being a "health tree". Eating from the Tree of Life gave the individual eternal life. The bible makes no mention of what this tree was or the healing properties it contained.

What does Jesus say we could do to have eternal life?

So, do you think that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil produces wisdom like God's wisdom or just good and evil thinking and doing?

The tree of the knowledge of Calamity (Hebrew) produced the ability to believe bad things. Adam already knew good, but the tree produced the ability to think what happened if situations. Bad things could happen.

The tree of life was guarded by the angels. Possible that it was guarded because eating it would give Adam as a man eternal life while the curse was then on the earth.

The spirit of man never dies anyway, so the concern must have been having the ability to never physically die.

Blessings.

In the garden of Eden there was many trees with all kinds of fruit good for our eating. But one that God put in the middle or midst of the garden was called the Tree of life.
Another that was a forbidden tree called, the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil ,who’s fruit would make one to be like a god.

Since the bible doesn't say, it seems a waste of time to speculate.
All we read is "the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desireable for gaining wisdom.." NIV

Tree of Life produces Life
I do believe this is Christ.
John 3:16 comes to mind.
We all are described by being branches, trees so forth, judge them by their fruits.
Hosea 14:8
I am like a green fir tree.From me is thy fruit found.
Now as the tree of good and evil:
I believe it to be Satan.
Ezek.28:12-15
King of Tyrus ( one of the roles of Satan)
Perfect in beauty.
Thou has been in Eden the garden of God.
Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth, and set thee so.
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou was created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ezek 31:3-10
The Assyrian ( another role of Satan)
Was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches.......,
His height was exalted above all the trees of the field...
The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him, the fir trees were not like his boughs...nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches, so that all the trees of Eden that were in the garden of God, envied him.
Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height....and his heart is lifted up in height,..

The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil doesn't produce anything other than the knowledge of what is good and what is evil.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'produce' ?
I think the The tree of life was meant to preserve Adam's life.

Adam had to have known what death was, so when the Devil said "You will not die if you all eat the fruit", there is an implied threat that is not necessarily from the fruit itself; eg: It could also be interpreted as a veiled threat -- if you don't eat the fruit, I'll kill you or your wife. The text is written such that the position of the devil is assumed to be between Adam and the woman; for it does not say that he approached "them" but "her", and there has to be some minor separation between them for this to have been possible.

Note also; scripture says that the Devil was a murderer from the beginning -- and I think being accused of murder is something that goes beyond guile, but to direct threat and action he himself was prepared to instigate out of hatred. For this reason, some scholars will state that the tree of life was placed there so that if Adam were in danger of dying, he could reach out and receive life again; although, it is questionable whether or not Eve would have survived had the devil struck her. ( Note, That someone can be killed isn't the same as them being mortal in the sense of having a naturally limited lifespan. )

From the way the text is written, I infer that Eve was closer to the tree of knowledge than Adam was; and it's uncertain where, exactly Adam stood. Should there be more than one tree, separate trees of life and knowledge (not one tree bearing two fruits), then it is possible that Adam was closer to the other tree, the Tree of lIfe.

Back