Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] What happened to intelligent design? An IDer perspective:

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

KEVIN HARRIS: Did you have a chance to ask him about the state of the union as far as the intelligent design movement?

DR. CRAIG: Yeah, I actually did have a chance to talk with Steve one afternoon privately. I said to him that I had the impression that a few years ago the people involved in the intelligent design movement were rather crestfallen and felt that the movement had kind of stalled out and failed to achieve the objectives that, say, a Philip Johnson had envisioned for it. I asked him what the mood was these days. He said following the Dover case with the Supreme Court . . . the intelligent design movement did not support the attempt to teach intelligent design in the schools – they thought that that was a maverick move that was unwise and imprudent. They didn’t support it, but nevertheless they suffered the consequences of that negative Supreme Court verdict that intelligent design constituted religion and so couldn’t be taught in American public schools. He said that really did take the wind out of their sails for a time. But he said since then they have really regrouped. There have been a number of new people who have been involved in the movement – some very sharp young biologists. He said everywhere they go they find among the younger faculty tremendous interest in intelligent design and skepticism about Darwinian orthodoxy and chemical origin-of-life theories and things of this sort.[1] So he seemed to say that the movement is going ahead again at full-steam. (bolding mine)

reasonablefaith.org/whatever-happened-to-intelligent-design#ixzz3sEGWsNEW

I heard the same story when I was an undergraduate, about 50 years ago. It's always "more and more young scientists are on our side" but somehow, nothing ever comes of it. Each time creationism has a disaster, they go to ground for a bit, and come back with a new name.

Can't wait to see what the next one will be.

Adventism => Flood Geology => Creation Science => Intelligent Design => ?

Last edited:
Creationists are doing what they always do. They're regrouping from yet another "train wreck" (as one of their guys called it) and planning a new try (with an new name, if past history is any indication).

Adventism => Flood Geology => Creation Science => Intelligent Design => ?
Odd use of mathematical symbols, but I can get into it. :)

The coming Ice age => The energy crisis => global warming=> climate change => ?

Not sure how this addresses the OP.

This just looks like an irrelevant red herring, which makes a rather weak stab at anthropogenic climate change.

Would love to see you respond to the OP though.

Let's see... The first was a myth invented by a politician owned by Exxon. Even in the 70s, most climatologists were concerned with warming. The energy crisis wasn't about warming but about our dependence on foreign petroleum. Global warming continues; looks as though we will have two record high years in a row. And yes, that produces change in climate, as Mrs. Barbarian's snapdragons would tell you.

Back