Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What I think ...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Being able to laugh together a lot. I'm kind of a goof ball so I love it when the other person loves being goofy too. To me, a day without laughter is a day with no happiness. If you can't laugh with them, then how can you really be happy.

Well, here's what I'm looking for....

-He's a man of God. (So much is involved in that one thing)
-He's willing to accept my girls as a part of me.
-Though I'm not a virgin, I have made a commitment to purity which includes waiting until marriage to ever have sex again. He's committed to that as well.
-He likes to laugh and to make me laugh.
-He's not into games. (well, headgames, at least.)
-He likes/loves me for ME---not who he wants me to be, not who I could be, not who I was, but ME...the real Josie
-He is willing to be the Spiritual authority in our house.

Sara929 said:
Friendship.
Amen! Then, in reference to girls and boys who are friends, if God leads one to a romantic (dating) relationship then groovy.

Oh and for me…well I actually have a few ideas of what I look for in a girl.
Number 1: She has to have a personal relationship and love for Jesus Christ.

As for the other stuff…well:

• Cares more about others then herself.
    Has the capacity to have a deep intellectual discussion.
    Has the capacity to have a really stupid and pointless conversation, because being serious all the time is just boring.
    Has a good since of humor.
    Not to clingy, needy, in other words way to dependent on a man for everything.

Ok the above is all I can come up with but I know there is more…anyway I really like Sara929's point. If you form a good friendship with the opposite sex then all the other stuff just falls into place and if God moves both to a “relationship†then groovy.

Nocturnal, I completely agree with all of your suggestions.

I'll admit though I have to be physically attracted to the woman too. I don't mean a super model or something, but she has to be attractive to me. The cool thing is that the more you get to know a woman and finding out she is a Godly, intelligent great person to be with, she is 100 times more attractive.

Christian women are hot ;-) :biggrin

KnarfKS said:
Nocturnal, I completely agree with all of your suggestions.

I'll admit though I have to be physically attracted to the woman too. I don't mean a super model or something, but she has to be attractive to me. The cool thing is that the more you get to know a woman and finding out she is a Godly, intelligent great person to be with, she is 100 times more attractive.

Christian women are hot ;-) :biggrin
I agree with everything you said. I will not lie there has to be an attraction...and Christian women are smoken! :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back