Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What if we could ban abortion?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Would people die from illegal operations? Would other terrible things happen? I'm not asking these questions to be a smart aleck or anything; I'm genuinely curious. I think part of the reason I'm pro-choice is because its been drilled into my brain that banning abortion would have terrible consequences. But...I now question that. Seeing how people in what the Catholics call the "Culture of Death" can manipulate information and data to suit their purposes, I now wonder if anything terrible would happen. I mean, we've been told (and will continue to be told, I'm sure) that gay marriage is a civil rights issue and that its needed, blah blah blah, even though data from other countries indicates that it doesn't stabilize gay life, few choose to get married, and HIV/AIDS rates are unaffected by the availability of same-sex marriage.

So, since the gay marriage people are pretty much on the same "team" as the pro-choice people (which, btw, is a funny way of screwing with your head; who wants to be "anti-choice" in a country based on rights and liberties? You almost forget you're talking about destruction of human life here), it stands to reason that a lot of their scare tactics/propaganda are the stuff of manipulative fantasy.

Still, I'm curious. Anyone have any information, or opinions?

Since abortions have been banned in the past, you can look to data of those years to discover some of the data you seek. Although you will have to do some analysis since it would be less likely to report a death from an illegal activity, and more likely to lie about cause of death.

But I am certain there is info out on it.

An alternative might be to consider that fully 80% of abortions are performes in the first 12 weeks, and that most of these are from unintended pregnancies and that most of those are from incorrect or absent use of birth control. Once could therefore conclude that an all-out campaign to educate on and provide for birth control would reduce the abortion rate by over 80% in 12 weeks. Evidence for the effectiveness of this approach is present in other countries.

So one must ask oneself, am I really committed to reducing abortions?

Well, if abortion was banned, especually before it started, The U.S would have over 40,000,000 citizens more than it has today. We'd be closer to a cure for Cancer. We might also have had a cure for AIDs and HIV. Additionally, image how much more money both the government and businesses would have?

And don't forget all the actors, music artist, preachers, authors, and inventors that could have been, but where never given a chance because they where aborted.

There are many reason why abortion should not be legal. Each child we abort isn't just a blob of tissue, as many people claim. That unborn child has ideas, inventions talents, and so much more that we can't even fathom what is lost form each child aborted, much less 40 million+ children.

teaching self-control would be nice. try sex like a license to drive a car. its a responsiblity and priveledge. no i am not saying that we need licenses but no parent gives a teen his or her car and says drive without a license and knows that they can drive.

with sex that is the case by some in part but some do have relationship issues and are brainwashed by the media to think sex is the best thing when its part of the "love" a reflection of said love but not the source.

to men keeping the thing in the pants is the best thing, you dont have to have sex and same with the girls wait.!

and if you father a child or mother one. either give it up for adoption or be the parents you should be.

Well, if abortion was banned, especually before it started, The U.S would have over 40,000,000 citizens more than it has today. We'd be closer to a cure for Cancer. We might also have had a cure for AIDs and HIV. Additionally, image how much more money both the government and businesses would have?

And don't forget all the actors, music artist, preachers, authors, and inventors that could have been, but where never given a chance because they where aborted.

There are many reason why abortion should not be legal. Each child we abort isn't just a blob of tissue, as many people claim. That unborn child has ideas, inventions talents, and so much more that we can't even fathom what is lost form each child aborted, much less 40 million+ children.

I like it. The story behind the story.

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

WE COULD make it less "convenient" - But we CAN'T stop it.

Would people die from illegal operations?

Some would. Back alley abortions where they way in the '50s and some folks died, and most didn't. If you wanted one - somebody knew of a "place" where it could be done. Kids from Massachusetts in those years went to Rhode Island to find somebody who'd "do the job". And mothers/couples will always want to murder their unborn kids kids they DON'T want for "convenience sake".

"We the people" LIKE to have the option of making kids that we don't want - just go away, and WILL whether it's "Permitted" or not.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back