Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What if we gave it all up?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Blain

I have been pondeing a simple yet profound question- what if I just gave everything up to God? Not for the moment but permanently. i asked God lord say I just let go, say I just gave you to keep never to be returned my faith my desires my need to have some sort of control or authority, Say I gave up the need to know why in all things i never question you again even when it makes zero sense.
Say that I never be strong i never become the christ like person i want to be say none of my prayers get answered but I dont care because I gve you complete control and authority of all things of my life. I end this conversation with him with another question- What would you do with that request?

Giving God the absolute control and authority of my life my faith and all other things sounds simple but its not. If we did this we risk losing eerything we risk suffering greatly and never achieving anything in even faith if that was his will if that what was neccisary for his plan.
In order for his glory for his will to be done if we just handed everything over theres a chance we would be given a crappy hand of cards in return. This is not something just anyone can do it take a fantastic leap of faith that is on a level even the most mature and strong christians would have trouble with.

So with all this in mind knowing that in return for this deal my entire life could be crap and my faith could be very damaged because God is planning something much bigger knowing that when my life ends i could just barely be crawling into eternity because I held on to that 1% of faith in him before I lost all hope and lost my faith entiely Remembering his words I may let you bend but I wont let you break.
I just feel like this is one of the most important moves i can make in this chess game that is faith.

I am not quite ready to do this but I feel I would be so relieved if I did like a giant burden that keeps me hunched over and makes my bones creak would be lifted gone forever. I hope that soon I will do this

So with all this in mind knowing that in return for this deal my entire life could be crap and my faith could be very damaged because God is planning something much bigger knowing that when my life ends i could just barely be crawling into eternity because I held on to that 1% of faith in him before I lost all hope and lost my faith entirely Remembering his words I may let you bend but I wont let you break.
Why do you think this is the assured result?

Alot of times people do not want to hand everything over to God.They do not want to live the life God wants them to live.It is having one foot on this Earth and one foot in heaven.They want to have all the fun that this Earth has to offer and they want the promise of heaven.That very well might not happen.

Alot of times people do not want to hand everything over to God.They do not want to live the life God wants them to live.It is having one foot on this Earth and one foot in heaven.They want to have all the fun that this Earth has to offer and they want the promise of heaven.That very well might not happen.

Boy, do I agree with you here. I have trouble finding someone who isn't this way. Especially in our entertainment-centric culture. People treat the world like it's their own personal playground. They want to accrue maximum fun while thy're here, then figure they'll go to an even better playground when they die. What about earning your place in heaven? What about what God wants?

I have been pondeing a simple yet profound question- what if I just gave everything up to God? Not for the moment but permanently. i asked God lord say I just let go, say I just gave you to keep never to be returned my faith my desires my need to have some sort of control or authority, Say I gave up the need to know why in all things i never question you again even when it makes zero sense.
Say that I never be strong i never become the christ like person i want to be say none of my prayers get answered but I dont care because I gve you complete control and authority of all things of my life. I end this conversation with him with another question- What would you do with that request?

Giving God the absolute control and authority of my life my faith and all other things sounds simple but its not. If we did this we risk losing eerything we risk suffering greatly and never achieving anything in even faith if that was his will if that what was neccisary for his plan.
In order for his glory for his will to be done if we just handed everything over theres a chance we would be given a crappy hand of cards in return. This is not something just anyone can do it take a fantastic leap of faith that is on a level even the most mature and strong christians would have trouble with.

So with all this in mind knowing that in return for this deal my entire life could be crap and my faith could be very damaged because God is planning something much bigger knowing that when my life ends i could just barely be crawling into eternity because I held on to that 1% of faith in him before I lost all hope and lost my faith entiely Remembering his words I may let you bend but I wont let you break.
I just feel like this is one of the most important moves i can make in this chess game that is faith.

I am not quite ready to do this but I feel I would be so relieved if I did like a giant burden that keeps me hunched over and makes my bones creak would be lifted gone forever. I hope that soon I will do this

There's more to what Yahweh wants from you than meets the eye.

Handing everything over to God:
Will tie you to God the Father
Will tie you to Jesus Christ
Will tie you to Holy Spirit
Will tie you to the Body of Christ
Will lead you into all truth
Will empower you
Will deliver you
Will allow the mind of Christ in you
Will allow you to see Church Discipline (part of God's love)
Will allow you to have God in you

It will not:
Deliver you to confusion
Take you to destructive behavior
Take away your mind
Take away your ability to see the judgement of God
Place a veil over your understanding

Now all I need to do is practice what I teach. The Holy Spirit empowers us to do the will of God. The milk of the Word is fine for a time.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back