Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is a soul?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A human is a living soul. ie Body + God's breath = living soul.

A human is a living soul. ie Body + God's breath = living soul.
Actually I think the soul is our inner self, our mind. God's breath, like when God breathed into the nostrils, God was placing a spirit inside Adam to make him a living soul.

I think our soul is that part of us that is our minds, emotions, what makes us a unique person from say you.

The human soul is the part of a person that is not physical.It is the part of every human being that lasts eternally after the body experiences death.
C.S. Lewis said "You don't have a soul,you are a soul.

That which makes you you.

I agree with you. I believe that our soul is our mind, emotions the things that determine our thoughts and personality. I believe we are three part beings. Body (flesh, outside suitcase) soul and spirit.

This Scripture suggests that the soul is something that man cannot harm.

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28 NIV

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back