Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is all the Bible about?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
- On the one hand, we have the creator of everything, and on the other hand, we have the destructor of everything!

Moreover, when we have the possibility to know the importance of God's name, we may realize that the worst crime of human religion is to have turned God's name into insignificant names meaning nothing!

We can imagine the reaction of the Hebrews if Moses would have told them he was sent by the Lord: they would have laughed at him!

- In fact, it is a bad joke!

- But for God it is an outrage!

- But when knowledge is complety corrupted , one can only stay speechless!

When you read these three passages of the Bible, when you get the Lord, it makes them a total nonsense!

- And in fact, it makes the Bible a total nonsense!

- What a shame!

- Poor humanity!

Matthew 6:9

So then,

οὖν (oun)
Conjunction
Strong's 3767: Therefore, then. Apparently a primary word; certainly, or accordingly.

this is how
Οὕτως (Houtōs)
Adverb
Strong's 3779: Thus, so, in this manner. Or (referring to what precedes or follows).

you
ὑμεῖς (hymeis)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

should pray:
προσεύχεσθε (proseuchesthe)
Verb - Present Imperative Middle or Passive - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 4336: To pray, pray for, offer prayer. From pros and euchomai; to pray to God, i.e. Supplicate, worship.

Our
ἡμῶν (hēmōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Plural
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

Father
Πάτερ (Pater)
Noun - Vocative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

heaven,
οὐρανοῖς (ouranois)
Noun - Dative Masculine Plural
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

hallowed be
Ἁγιασθήτω (Hagiasthētō)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 37: From hagios; to make holy, i.e. purify or consecrate; to venerate.

Your
σου (sou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Singular

name,
ὄνομά (onoma)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.

Matthew 6:10:

Your

σου (sou)

kingdom

βασιλεία (basileia)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 932: From basileus; properly, royalty, i.e. rule, or a realm.

come,

Ἐλθέτω (Elthetō)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2064: To come, go.

Your

σου (sou)

will

θέλημά (thelēma)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 2307: An act of will, will; plur: wishes, desires. From the prolonged form of ethelo; a determination, i.e. choice or inclination.

be done,

Γενηθήτω (Genēthētō)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1096: A prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be, i.e. to become, used with great latitude.

on

ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition
Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.

earth

γῆς (gēs)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 1093: Contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe.

as [it is]

Ὡς (Hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.

in

ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

heaven.

οὐρανῷ (ouranō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back