Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Is being a Christian?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Blain

Im here to discuss about Christians, I know many claim to be Christians and true enough I have met some amazing ones but something doesnt seem right with this Generation of christians. most ones I have meet not all of course but yes most are judgemental and mean. There seems to be a total lack of love in our generation, they do not love sinners they judge and condemn them. Do u know how often I hear Christians talking bad about the gays? The say horrible things about them as if we have any right to be talking bad about them for we are sinners to and a sinner cannot judge a sinner.

Im going to tell u something and please do not think i am concieted because im not but early in my faith I went to this church for Christians and in this class we were to pray out loud and honestly I was uncomfortable doing it but I closed my eyes and blocked out everything else around me it was just me and God. I didnt sayy the prayers ppl say like Dear Lord please help with- or heavenly father i ask that you-no i spoke to him like I always do I spoke to him like I am you but with deep feeling. i pour my heart and soul into my prayers not the formal prayer lots of ppl do

After I prayed they all stared at me for a second and said they have never heard anyone pray like that before. when I hang around around other Christians and we talk and get to know each other they act like they have never mett a christian before I seem to stand out from other Christians i hang out with and I touch ppls hearts just by being what God taught me to be.

Am I special? Heck no if anything Im just a common person. Am i a true genuine Christian? i dont think I am not yet at least. But I am loving and caring I have great compassion for all ppl and I desire very strongly to know love and be like God on a deep level.
I know how love has grown cold even with us Christians but I know that God will teach me what it truly means to be a Christian and I believe with all my heart he will make me strong for his sake and others not for myself.

Dear Brother Blain, if you observe events of Christianity concerning the differences among them, there has always been disputes over doctrine, evident levels of growth in individuals, and correction directed. E.g., 1 Cor 5:1, & 1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. But then we are also to love and bring them back into fellowship when they change. 2 Cor 2:6-8.

Even in the judgment of the church we read of in Revelation Chapters Two and Three, the lack of love is one of the things they’re told to repent of. Rev 2:4.

Brother, allow the love of God to be manifest all the more as you mature in the word of God. 2 Pet 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Im here to discuss about Christians, I know many claim to be Christians and true enough I have met some amazing ones but something doesnt seem right with this Generation of christians. most ones I have meet not all of course but yes most are judgemental and mean. There seems to be a total lack of love in our generation, they do not love sinners they judge and condemn them. Do u know how often I hear Christians talking bad about the gays? The say horrible things about them as if we have any right to be talking bad about them for we are sinners to and a sinner cannot judge a sinner.

Im going to tell u something and please do not think i am concieted because im not but early in my faith I went to this church for Christians and in this class we were to pray out loud and honestly I was uncomfortable doing it but I closed my eyes and blocked out everything else around me it was just me and God. I didnt sayy the prayers ppl say like Dear Lord please help with- or heavenly father i ask that you-no i spoke to him like I always do I spoke to him like I am you but with deep feeling. i pour my heart and soul into my prayers not the formal prayer lots of ppl do

After I prayed they all stared at me for a second and said they have never heard anyone pray like that before. when I hang around around other Christians and we talk and get to know each other they act like they have never mett a christian before I seem to stand out from other Christians i hang out with and I touch ppls hearts just by being what God taught me to be.

Am I special? Heck no if anything Im just a common person. Am i a true genuine Christian? i dont think I am not yet at least. But I am loving and caring I have great compassion for all ppl and I desire very strongly to know love and be like God on a deep level.
I know how love has grown cold even with us Christians but I know that God will teach me what it truly means to be a Christian and I believe with all my heart he will make me strong for his sake and others not for myself.
Blain,
There is a wide range of different Christians and most of them are not saved men or women. When one is, truly, saved they are changed so radically that the people around them know because of the fruit they bare as opposed to the fruit they failed to bare before conversion. The way you pray is the way we are to live if saved but the truly surrendered are few, just as Jesus taught it would be.

As long as you do not to highly of yourself, you're good enough for Jesus!

Over time the word "Christian" has lost its meaning and is often used by someone who is "religious".Many people who do not believe in Jesus Christ consider themselves a Christian because they go to Church.Going to Church does not make a person a Christian.The true Christian is known by their true love of others and obedience to God's word.1 John 2:4

Blain,
There is a wide range of different Christians and most of them are not saved men or women. When one is, truly, saved they are changed so radically that the people around them know because of the fruit they bare as opposed to the fruit they failed to bare before conversion. The way you pray is the way we are to live if saved but the truly surrendered are few, just as Jesus taught it would be.

As long as you do not to highly of yourself, you're good enough for Jesus!
i have nothing against such ppl as its not my place to judge for i myself am a lowly sinner who struggles with the simplest commands from god as I said a sinner cannot judge a sinner. It just bothers me how many take on the title christian yet their hearts are anything but. They do all the right things they pray they study scripture they get baptized they work on obedience but forget the most important ingredient and thats love.

love does not judge or condemn love does not think highly of themselves but humbles themselves even makes themselves the least in both heaven and earth so others may gain the great blessings God has for them. love actively and exhaustively seeks out the lord in any given moment everyday. Love does not seek self glory and honor yet instead seeks to give god the glory and honor for all things, love refuses to settle for an okay relationship with god but instead desires an extremely deep and personal one with him.

i could go on for hours about this, to me being a Christian is about love down to the very core of our existance. It is my personal belief that if we seek love above all else everything else will just naturally fall into place.

i have nothing against such ppl as its not my place to judge for i myself am a lowly sinner who struggles with the simplest commands from god as I said a sinner cannot judge a sinner. It just bothers me how many take on the title christian yet their hearts are anything but. They do all the right things they pray they study scripture they get baptized they work on obedience but forget the most important ingredient and thats love.

love does not judge or condemn love does not think highly of themselves but humbles themselves even makes themselves the least in both heaven and earth so others may gain the great blessings God has for them. love actively and exhaustively seeks out the lord in any given moment everyday. Love does not seek self glory and honor yet instead seeks to give god the glory and honor for all things, love refuses to settle for an okay relationship with god but instead desires an extremely deep and personal one with him.

i could go on for hours about this, to me being a Christian is about love down to the very core of our existance. It is my personal belief that if we seek love above all else everything else will just naturally fall into place.
It sounds to me like God has been talking to your heart :)

Blain,
Your comments here are not in consideration of the whole Word of God. Your premise of no judgement is usually built on Matthew 7:1 and is at it's best, false. This verse is from the Sermon on the Mount and this, though popular, teaching is not true and is in direct disobedience o God and to His will.

I we take the time to read the three chapters, about 15 minutes or less, we discover that there is a context that flows as Jesus is preaching/teaching. If we read just the paragraph, vs. 1-5, we learn that we are to judge as we wish to be judged and when we read just the single chapter we see that we are to judge righteously as well as other short lessons.

Forgetting the teachings of Jesus for a moment, you must judge every moment of every day just to live this life and to keep your auto from crashing or being crashed into. You do not allow just any person in the world to babysit you babies, you use judgement, called discernment. If you read all of the bible, remembering John 3:1-3, you will learn Jesus is the God of both Testaments and you'll see in Mal. 3:6a you'll see that God did not change between the Testaments nor shall He ever and He has commanded you to judge! As a Christian you must judge the fruit of another person, even if he or she has claimed the name of the Christ, especially those.

The world is filled with Benny Hinns that are preaching to line their pockets and if we give to them, we are not good stewards. Praying that you will study and then God will bless.

Mat 18:15-17 KJV Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. (16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. (17) And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Heb 12:6-10 KJV For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. (7) If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? (8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. (9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? (10) For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

1Co 5:12-13 KJV For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? (13) But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1Co 5:5-6 KJV To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. (6) Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

1Co 11:30-32 KJV For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. (31) For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. (32) But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Pro 27:5-6 KJV Open rebuke is better than secret love. (6) Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Blain,
Your comments here are not in consideration of the whole Word of God. Your premise of no judgement is usually built on Matthew 7:1 and is at it's best, false. This verse is from the Sermon on the Mount and this, though popular, teaching is not true and is in direct disobedience o God and to His will.

I we take the time to read the three chapters, about 15 minutes or less, we discover that there is a context that flows as Jesus is preaching/teaching. If we read just the paragraph, vs. 1-5, we learn that we are to judge as we wish to be judged and when we read just the single chapter we see that we are to judge righteously as well as other short lessons.

Forgetting the teachings of Jesus for a moment, you must judge every moment of every day just to live this life and to keep your auto from crashing or being crashed into. You do not allow just any person in the world to babysit you babies, you use judgement, called discernment. If you read all of the bible, remembering John 3:1-3, you will learn Jesus is the God of both Testaments and you'll see in Mal. 3:6a you'll see that God did not change between the Testaments nor shall He ever and He has commanded you to judge! As a Christian you must judge the fruit of another person, even if he or she has claimed the name of the Christ, especially those.

The world is filled with Benny Hinns that are preaching to line their pockets and if we give to them, we are not good stewards. Praying that you will study and then God will bless.
You misunderstand im not talking about that kind of judgement im talking about unloving judgement. you can tell a person what they are doing is wrong and lead them to the right path but its not our place to cast judgement on others because of their sins because not only are we sinners too but thats Jesus job not ours we have to take the plank out of our own eyes

You misunderstand im not talking about that kind of judgement im talking about unloving judgement. you can tell a person what they are doing is wrong and lead them to the right path but its not our place to cast judgement on others because of their sins because not only are we sinners too but thats Jesus job not ours we have to take the plank out of our own eyes
Their was a thread on here recently about judging others.The Bible says that we are not to judge hypocritically but it does not that we are not to judge at all.

Their was a thread on here recently about judging others.The Bible says that we are not to judge hypocritically but it does not that we are not to judge at all.
It all boils down to are we judging out of love or not. the word judge basically means to observe and decide and yet its often viewed as two diferent things as christians Judging right from wrong and judging others out of a judgemental attitude. So when a christian talks about judging without clarifying the specific kind of judging like I did ppl get confused as to what I mean.
i was talking of hypocritical judging not judging right from wrong

It all boils down to are we judging out of love or not. the word judge basically means to observe and decide and yet its often viewed as two diferent things as christians Judging right from wrong and judging others out of a judgemental attitude. So when a christian talks about judging without clarifying the specific kind of judging like I did ppl get confused as to what I mean.
i was talking of hypocritical judging not judging right from wrong
If you were talking about hypocritcal judging then you were doing the right thing.Sometimes people are too quick to judge in a wrong way.

10-4

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back