Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What is he thinking?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The devil and his puppets have been trying so very long and so very hard to take me down, even though they have seen God pick me up time after time, use me against them time after time. My faith and trust is in God. He has given us instructions on how to live a Christian life, and how to overcome in this world, even teaching us to be Christian soldiers.

2Cr 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Being brought up around people in the occult, I have witnessed some of the darkest and most wicked things that are beyond the imagination of most people. I have also witnessed some of the greatest miracles of God.

Those who serve the devil have often credited the fact that they were whiskey drunk to explain the supernatural things that have happened around them, whether good or evil. There are times I just can't help wondering what, exactly is it that the devil is thinking.

The devil witnessed the crucifixion. He also witnessed the resurrection.
He has watched over the years as Jesus has undone what the devil has done over and over.
Scripture tells us that his time is short, and that 'he knows' his time is short. He must believe this because it is Scripture that tells us that he believes it.

Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

He knows what God says awaits him:
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I am just pondering the way that he will do things such as burn bridges attempting to keep someone from going back, as if he were totally unaware of the fact that God parted the Red Sea. It baffles me sometimes, to the point that I need to restrain myself from pointing out the error of his ways.

Rev 12:12 tells us that he has great wrath, and he is obviously trying to get back at God by attacking His people. He does it in such a way that he does not believe that God is in control, or that God heals, delivers, redeems and restores.

Scripture speaks of how he has blinded the eyes of nonbelievers. Is the devil blinded as well, or does he know that he was defeated at the Cross? Does he still believe that he has a snowballs chance? (Pun intended) What are his goals now? Simply to keep others from entering into the Kingdom, or does he believe that he won his war against God?

Yes, Gabby, it does seem strange, that God, who is all powerful, and could eliminate Satan if He wanted to, allows the devil to seemingly thwart His plans, and those of His righteous believers.

Along the same line of thinking, I hear the arguments from atheists and agnostics, that if there is a God who is 'all loving and all powerful,' there would be no evil, suffering and death in the world.
And their conclusion is, there is obviously no such a God.

They obvously ignore the fact that, apart from disease and natural disasters, it is man who brings about all these evils and woes on mankind.

Personally, I believe that God has a plan that ultimately His love and power will triumph over all the works of the devil and fallen mankind.

Read 1 Cor. 15:20-28, Phil. 1:6-11 and Heb. 9:26 (in a literal translation).

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back