Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is our purpose?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Every human being now on this earth, every human that has ever been on this earth and every human that will ever be on this earth was created for the very thing Adam tossed away in the Garden. We were, every one of us created for the reason Jesus set aside His divinity so He could legally purchase every lost soul that ever did or ever will walk on this creation He made for us. (John 1:1-5)

WE were created for mutual fellowship with the only Most High God. I found that truth the very moment I fell to my knees with my face to the ground in complete submission to Him. I was a proud leader of men, the leader of my own band, received gifts, on a regular basis from some knock out, good looking, ladies and I neither bowed nor submitted to any man. Then I struggled financially and personally, right up until I submitted my every moment to the control of God. Because I submitted everything, holding nothing back, God accepted one of the most dishonest sinners the world has ever known and to this date I cannot show you or anyone on paper why but I struggle no more. Because I worship and fellowship with Jesus, serve Him without question, I do not want! Therein lies our reason for being and anyone that fails will be told, "Away, I never knew you," by Jesus.

since everyone thinks the entire Church is the bride of Christ

Not every single one, my friend.

There is at least one other who does not think as you say all do. To say that all saved people make up the Bride of Christ and that one church is as good as another, is simply not true. I know you are not saying that.

Let us refer to TEXT: Song of Solomon 6:8-13
... But(!) I am saying that there is a difference between Queens (60 of them) and Concubines (80 of them). A 'Concubine' is one of the recognized positions in a man's household but not legally a wife. (It is whoredom). According to the Encyclopedia Judaica, the term for 'concubine' in Hebrew is pilegesh, the equivalent of Greek pallakis (παλλακίς) and Latin pellex. It indicates a marital status inferior to a 'wife'. The legal formalities, if any, are not described in the Bible. We do see that there are maidens without number. And there is a difference b/w them and others mentioned too.

Song of Solomon 6:7 (NIV) Your temples behind your veil are like the halves of a pomegranate.
... Song of Solomon 6:8 Sixty queens there may be, and eighty concubines, and virgins beyond number;
... Song of Solomon 6:9 ... But my dove, my perfect one, is unique, the only daughter of her mother, the favorite of the one who bore her. The young women saw her and called her blessed; the queens and concubines praised her.
One day She (The Bride of Christ) will be presented to Him without blemish and without spot.

See Eph 5:26-27 (NIV) ... to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
There are many queens, concubines and virgins, but none to be compared with the Bride of Jesus; see again, S.of.S. 6:9: "The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her."

Will this actually happen? See Rev 19:6-7 (many waters = peoples, and multitudes and nations, and tongues) see also Rev 17:15

CREDITS // ACCREDITATION
New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®
Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Please Note: Zondervan is granting conditional (6 conditions required) permission for their Fair Use and/or 'Gratis Use' permissions of the latest edition of the NIV text ONLY (currently 2011)
"New International Version” and “NIV” are registered trademarks of Biblica, Inc.™.

Last edited:
Not every single one, my friend.

There is at least one other who does not think as you say all do. To say that all saved people make up the Bride of Christ and that one church is as good as another, is simply not true. I know you are not saying that.

Let us refer to TEXT: Song of Solomon 6:8-13
... But(!) I am saying that there is a difference between Queens (60 of them) and Concubines (80 of them). A 'Concubine' is one of the recognized positions in a man's household but not legally a wife. (It is whoredom). According to the Encyclopedia Judaica, the term for 'concubine' in Hebrew is pilegesh, the equivalent of Greek pallakis (παλλακίς) and Latin pellex. It indicates a marital status inferior to a 'wife'. The legal formalities, if any, are not described in the Bible. We do see that there are maidens without number. And there is a difference b/w them and others mentioned too.

Song of Solomon 6:7 (NIV) Your temples behind your veil are like the halves of a pomegranate.
... Song of Solomon 6:8 Sixty queens there may be, and eighty concubines, and virgins beyond number;
... Song of Solomon 6:9 ... But my dove, my perfect one, is unique, the only daughter of her mother, the favorite of the one who bore her. The young women saw her and called her blessed; the queens and concubines praised her.
One day She (The Bride of Christ) will be presented to Him without blemish and without spot.

See Eph 5:26-27 (NIV) ... to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
There are many queens, concubines and virgins, but none to be compared with the Bride of Jesus; see again, S.of.S. 6:9: "The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her."
Will this actually happen? See Rev 19:6-7 (many waters = peoples, and multitudes and nations, and tongues) see also Rev 17:15

CREDITS // ACCREDITATION
New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®
Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Please Note: Zondervan is granting conditional (6 conditions required) permission for their Fair Use and/or 'Gratis Use' permissions of the latest edition of the NIV text ONLY (currently 2011)
"New International Version” and “NIV” are registered trademarks of Biblica, Inc.™.
GREAT post! And my favorite scripture for the point you're making here is the parable of the Wedding Feast, Matt. 22:1-14. Few will be members of the Bride and many will be the guests. May God bless you folks.

In my opinion, one of the biggest reasons for being alive is to find God, be close to Him, and follow Him. But from there it gets muddied from how to follow God, and muddied more from trying to live life in general. So I have a question for anyone intreasted. I'll give my thoughts too, but don't let those be the only direction of the post. If you have a different answer please say it.

What is our purpose in being a Christian. What is our drive and our direction in following God? Or if there is a different reason for being alive besides finding God, what is the purpose of being alive?

In my opinion, biblically we were first put here to care for the world. On the sixth day God made Man to tend to the earth, and in a few parables Jesus refers to people being tenants on another man's land, with the job of taking care of the land. But on the other hand Jesus has said that we are more important then the birds in the sky, or the flowers in the field. He's said to love one another, and to serve one another. The second part of that is to care for eachother. Bring others to God, share in each others sorrows to help them or comfort them, and be glad in each other's joys. Show kindness, mercy, and even when telling another of their sin do so to win them back, for their benfit. I think a a purpose in following God is to care for the world we live in, care for the people in it, and in everything we do try and make it all better.

Just one purpose. Hope if you're reading this, you can share one too. :)

God has created the human to be the user of His creation, and exactly this is also the meaning of the biblical word "human", namely user, but God has placed a possibility for the human to be also His spiritual servant, so the purpose of the life is just to be lived, after all, so that there can be a peaceful, good and abundant life for everyone, but there is also an option for certain people to be spiritual servants of the true Lord God

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
He's talking about me. :wink Love through dove........

Agreed.... He is talking about all who will because He is UNWILLING, unwilling: that any should perish and insists, flat out insists; that all who are given Him by Our Father God (who adopted us b/c of HIM, Praise His NAME) are saved...

And then? There is our further calling. Ultimately? Who knows who is saved? I could be a tare... there's no way of telling except you (we) be gathered and sorted, and that would ruin the fruit of the earth... so no man knows that hour, they can't gather with authority until the time set in the beginning... and further?

During that "wait for the gathering time" comes the call and the call and the calling... we are being called (ekklesia - called out ones) unto that place where we, our each of us, are invited and maybe sometimes, if we need it, coerced. Now, please don't lecture me about "Free Will". Although I love tulips and dandelions and love them at the same time, I am not a Calvinist nor am I a universalist either. :salute

View attachment 7353
Above quoted definition courtesy of Mr. Google.

Here's another, no extra charge: The Shulamite:
View attachment 7354

Because He will coerce, but he will not force... and here's how he did it with me and how He does it with me to this very day.

IT's shame. My shame. Shame is easily defined as the fear of the loss of our feeling of connection.

We are ashamed of ourselves and it does not matter what them "Negative Self Image" people say because we have the Spirit of Truth Himself, witnessing and convicting us so that we too may become Holy, for He is holy... and the ultimate disconnect, our ultimate shame would be the final death, were it possible for the very Elect of God, and if we become separated from our One True God who never did nothing to harm us and who sticketh closer than a brother... But that's what sin does. It severs us from The Holy and all whom He loves. It slaughters us. So now? We are called to strive and work and fight for our Most Holy Faith (God-Trust) in each other, commanded to build us up toward that Tower of Faith that others may run toward in their times of struggle and trouble. So then 'they' too may lay hands on something, anything that even appears stable... for all that can be shaken, will be.

But we get to continuously trade our shame for His upright-edness. That's the deal. Trade your shame (like He was your scape goat) by laying your hands on His head and imparting your guilt... because He has already been cast out. He has already paid that price. That man is in Heaven having been received into the clouds with other men as witness. But I'm not saying for yourself only. Not at all. Do this for your brother, for your neighbor and even for the ignorant Samaritan who thought that God would touch them even outside of Jerusalem on the outskirts and apart from the TEMPLE, the house that david's son built... The house that was torn down, the house that was rebuilt... more like the tabernacle of David, that intimate tenting where it is just Thee and Me... O! Do join me as we adore the Only Worthy, if you are one who is given ear to hear... do as you are commanded.

And I'm not preaching anything that was not first preached through the Prophets and the LAW, not preaching anything unless it comes through The Christ, the Good Shephard, who laith down His life for the sheeps... sheeps like you, like me. Not preaching anything that was not said, over and over again, but the disciples and the apostles, even Paul who, although he tried and although he struggled and although he preached (of the foolishness of preaching in part) but also preached that unless a mouth is given? No ear may hear, so blessed are your freed feet, LovethroughDove for they are happy feet, and you are blessed (happy in the innermost parts) in deed.

Do what your hand is given to do. Do what your hand is given to do. Confirm that His burden is light, it's easy for you, not for everyone, but the portion that is yous? It ain't heavy. He's not heavy. He is my brother! That's all tha' is planned from the beginning, the things that God does? We join in, but they are done before we existed. We become the saved CAIN - if we have learned our lesson and if we become our brother's keeper. That's the heart of that. Right there. BOOM

Hallelujah! And hallelu-lah too... Sing to Him your new song!

Last edited:
Thank you Sparrowhawke! I absolutely needed these exact words you spoke. They are speaking directly to my soul and they are SO appropriate for "What is our purpose?" Sing to Him our new song!

I just can't express how you have uplifted me.

In my opinion, one of the biggest reasons for being alive is to find God, be close to Him, and follow Him. But from there it gets muddied from how to follow God, and muddied more from trying to live life in general. So I have a question for anyone intreasted. I'll give my thoughts too, but don't let those be the only direction of the post. If you have a different answer please say it.

What is our purpose in being a Christian. What is our drive and our direction in following God? Or if there is a different reason for being alive besides finding God, what is the purpose of being alive?

In my opinion, biblically we were first put here to care for the world. On the sixth day God made Man to tend to the earth, and in a few parables Jesus refers to people being tenants on another man's land, with the job of taking care of the land. But on the other hand Jesus has said that we are more important then the birds in the sky, or the flowers in the field. He's said to love one another, and to serve one another. The second part of that is to care for eachother. Bring others to God, share in each others sorrows to help them or comfort them, and be glad in each other's joys. Show kindness, mercy, and even when telling another of their sin do so to win them back, for their benfit. I think a a purpose in following God is to care for the world we live in, care for the people in it, and in everything we do try and make it all better.

Just one purpose. Hope if you're reading this, you can share one too. :)
The purpose of life is entanglement.

Look it up.

Hello, NotNowSoon. Your post intrigued me. I am living and breathing the topic of meaning and purpose in life with my dissertation right now and just created a course on this topic. Praying 4 u. Be blessed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back