Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the 11th Horn ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's how you do the math. Three of the original ten horns on the fourth beast in Daniel 7 would be uprooted. Therefore, the fourth beast in Daniel 7 ends up having eight horns instead of eleven horns. The little horn becomes the eighth horn because three were uprooted. Technically speaking - totaling the horns - you could say the little horn is the eighth horn; or if you choose to include the three that are uprooted, the eleventh horn.

The 11th horn is a small kingdom which was once a part of a large empire governed by Nebuchadnezzar,king of Babylon.

The line of beasts,same as Nebuchadnezzar's golden image speak of the same line and the 11th horn is seen as dwelling with the ten horns of Daniel's forth beast. Hence,it is a small kingdom in the middle east located in what is called the pleasant land.Daniel 8;9

It is written that his kingdom shall be given to the saints.
Daniel 7;27
And the kingdom and dominion,and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven,shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High,whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Jesus spoke of this event in the gospel as well.

Mt 8;11-12
And I say unto you,That many shall come from the east and west,and shall sit down with Abraham,and Issac,and Jacob,in the kingdom of heaven.
But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness;there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Osgiliath said:
It's how you do the math. Three of the original ten horns on the fourth beast in Daniel 7 would be uprooted. Therefore, the fourth beast in Daniel 7 ends up having eight horns instead of eleven horns. The little horn becomes the eighth horn because three were uprooted. Technically speaking - totaling the horns - you could say the little horn is the eighth horn; or if you choose to include the three that are uprooted, the eleventh horn.

Osgiliath I thought you were of the more modern day view. So are you relating this to the modern day or the first century. Is the horn a country in either view??

Hi NBF,

I was just giving you the numbers, not my view. As far as my view, I don't know what you mean by "modern"; I just do my best to stay true to the Scriptures, that's all. Like I said, it's all about how you do the math, and is irrelevant. The numbers are a trivial game of semantics (i.e. - 11th or 8th), and take away from what is important.

It says in Daniel 8, the two beasts represent empires, but the horns of the ram and of the goat represent kings. If you notice; in this particular vision, the horn power is not attached to a beast (an empire). It also says this horn power is a king (Daniel 8:23). Daniel was told this king will exalt himself to be as great as the Prince of the host; Jesus (Daniel 8:11). The horn power in Daniel 8 is a stern-faced king that will rule over Earth during the Tribulation (Daniel 11:36). Notice that the little horn in Daniel 8 does not rise out of a nation or a kingdom like the little horn of Daniel 7 (i.e. - does not have its roots in ancient kingdoms such as Medo-Persia, Grecia or Rome). Are they the same entity?

"And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and will be successful until the time of wrath is completed: for that that is determined shall be done." (Daniel 11:35,36)

Who is the stern-faced "king" in Daniel? Look at the timing of this verse. The king referred to in this verse is the king who "is successful until the time of wrath is completed . . ." When does the time of wrath occur? In Daniel 8 the horn power from the north (the stern-faced king) will appear during the appointed time of the end, which is a time of wrath.

"He [Gabriel] said: ‘I am going to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end.’ " (Daniel 8:19)

The Tribulation consists of two segments of time. The seven trumpets will last 1,260 days. The seven vial will follow the seven trumpets. During the seven vials, God's wrath will be poured out upon all who receive the mark of the beast. When the seven last plagues (vials) are completed, God's wrath will end:

"I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues – last, because with them God’s wrath is completed." (Revelation 15:1)

When these facts are aligned, we are left with one conclusion. The king mentioned in Daniel 11:36 must be the horn power of Daniel 8 (the false messiah - Satan) , because he will be successful until the time of wrath is completed. The time of wrath occurs during the appointed time of the end; the Tribulation. (Daniel 12:1).

As far as the little horn mentioned in Daniel 7, I have my own opinion concerning that (as far as history), but it cannot be verified in the Bible, so I would rather not mention it. :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back