Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What is the Church today doing wrong that so many are falling away?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

RevSRE

Out of time and into eternity run two roads that man may travel.

One will lead you through the Kingdom of man. A world view of life the way “I Want It!” A world view that says I may do what I want, what I like, what I see as desirable. This road leads away from God to the Kingdom of this world, with Satan as the prince of the power of this life. The Kingdom of this world is real, its power is real, its enticement is real, but it is based on a counterfeit, the desire of Lucifer to be as God.

Remember any copy or counterfeit must look true enough to pass for the real thing.

The other road leads through the Blood of Calvary to the throne of Heaven, in Eternity the dwelling place of GOD. It is an ideology that follows the Word of God. God said “Hear my voice and keep My commandments, and I will be your God and you will be My people. This road leads toward the Kingdom of God. Here we see God is good to turn to God and seek Him is Good, to turn from God is EVIL. The Kingdom of Heaven, or the Kingdom of GOD is REAL. It is the dwelling of everyone that follows and fellowships with GOD. The Kingdom is Past in the history of the people of God, It is future when the King of Kings will place HIS throne Here with us, But, PLEASE do not fail to understand THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOW! Now, the Holy Spirit indwelling the children of God is real, and the resulting world view and lifestyle looking to God, to fellowship with God, Love God and one another, all that ideology and way of life Is THE KINGDOM OF GOD! Just as real and present as the kingdom of this world is the Kingdom of GOD. It is a way of living, thinking, acting, looking toward and moving toward the one true GOD.

There are two roads, Two Kingdoms, two ways of life, and every person must make a choice, “Which way will I follow?

A Holy, All-Powerful, Sovereign God gave us the Right and Ability to make that choice. But, the outcome or consequence of the choice we cannot change, The result of our choice is bound to the command and will of the Most High GOD. We can only choose Him or Self.

One way is the narrow way that leads to eternal life, the people on this road know Jesus as LORD and keep His commandments. They know Jesus Died to PAY a debt they could not Pay and God raised Him from the dead. These are the ones saved by Grace through Faith and indwelled by God's Spirit, The Shakina Glory with His people Today.

The other is the broad way that leads to destruction, the people on this road by a God given choice refuse to obey God. Although the two are discussed in literature, stories, and poems all too often we seem unable to remember that they both are real and a part of our world.

Do People today lean on what has been said and is being said without challenging its content in serious study? Do People just hear and repeat what “the teacher” says without seriously studying to test the doctrines for themselves? Much of the “orthodox teachings” of the Church comes mixed with Ancient Babylonian Mysticism, Egyptian Mysticism, Dualism, Greek Philosophy from Plato interjected into the Church in Alexandria Egypt, and by Augustine, Medieval Teachers, to Calvin, Luther, and on a more direct level today's New Age Movement or Progressive Christianity.

If we look at what the Bible SAYS, there are many things being taught which just do not hold up to careful study.
First Scripture interprets scripture. There must not be an idea that is contradicted in another place in Scripture. Context is the key as we will see the context tells us the story.
Second, Time and place and known history shed light on what happened and help reveal truth.
Third, Culture, Who is speaking, what is the Subject and purpose of the discussion, we cannot jump to a different teaching in the middle of a discussion.

One will lead you through the Kingdom of man. A world view of life the way “I Want It!” A world view that says I may do what I want, what I like, what I see as desirable. This road leads away from God to the Kingdom of this world, with Satan as the prince of the power of this life. The Kingdom of this world is real, its power is real, its enticement is real, but it is based on a counterfeit, the desire of Lucifer to be as God.

Remember any copy or counterfeit must look true enough to pass for the real thing.

The other road leads through the Blood of Calvary to the throne of Heaven, in Eternity the dwelling place of GOD. It is an ideology that follows the Word of God. God said “Hear my voice and keep My commandments, and I will be your God and you will be My people. This road leads toward the Kingdom of God. Here we see God is good to turn to God and seek Him is Good, to turn from God is EVIL. The Kingdom of Heaven, or the Kingdom of GOD is REAL. It is the dwelling of everyone that follows and fellowships with GOD. The Kingdom is Past in the history of the people of God, It is future when the King of Kings will place HIS throne Here with us, But, PLEASE do not fail to understand THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOW! Now, the Holy Spirit indwelling the children of God is real, and the resulting world view and lifestyle looking to God, to fellowship with God, Love God and one another, all that ideology and way of life Is THE KINGDOM OF GOD! Just as real and present as the kingdom of this world is the Kingdom of GOD. It is a way of living, thinking, acting, looking toward and moving toward the one true GOD.

There are two roads, Two Kingdoms, two ways of life, and every person must make a choice, “Which way will I follow?

A Holy, All-Powerful, Sovereign God gave us the Right and Ability to make that choice. But, the outcome or consequence of the choice we cannot change, The result of our choice is bound to the command and will of the Most High GOD. We can only choose Him or Self.

One way is the narrow way that leads to eternal life, the people on this road know Jesus as LORD and keep His commandments. They know Jesus Died to PAY a debt they could not Pay and God raised Him from the dead. These are the ones saved by Grace through Faith and indwelled by God's Spirit, The Shakina Glory with His people Today.

The other is the broad way that leads to destruction, the people on this road by a God given choice refuse to obey God. Although the two are discussed in literature, stories, and poems all too often we seem unable to remember that they both are real and a part of our world.

Do People today lean on what has been said and is being said without challenging its content in serious study? Do People just hear and repeat what “the teacher” says without seriously studying to test the doctrines for themselves? Much of the “orthodox teachings” of the Church comes mixed with Ancient Babylonian Mysticism, Egyptian Mysticism, Dualism, Greek Philosophy from Plato interjected into the Church in Alexandria Egypt, and by Augustine, Medieval Teachers, to Calvin, Luther, and on a more direct level today's New Age Movement or Progressive Christianity.

If we look at what the Bible SAYS, there are many things being taught which just do not hold up to careful study.
First Scripture interprets scripture. There must not be an idea that is contradicted in another place in Scripture. Context is the key as we will see the context tells us the story.
Second, Time and place and known history shed light on what happened and help reveal truth.
Third, Culture, Who is speaking, what is the Subject and purpose of the discussion, we cannot jump to a different teaching in the middle of a discussion.
The sinner's prayer has sent many to Hell when they thought they were saved and going to Heaven. This is because churches have taught that all a sinner has to do is to come to the front of the church, say the sinner's prayer and them they tell him, "You're saved now". So the sinner turned religious trusts what the church has told him, and fails to repent of sin, press into God for the transforming power of the Holy Spirit to show the fruit of repentance, and therefore fail to live a holy life. So they carry on with no noticeable change in their worldly ways. If we ask a "converted" homosexual who continues in that lifestyle if he is saved he will immediately answer, "Yes, I am definitely saved". Ask a church member who beats up his wife when he gets angry if he is saved, he will answer, "Yes, I know I'm saved because I prayed the sinner's prayer at church some years ago." There will be ones who will wake up in Hell, who will cry out, "I shouldn't be here. I prayed the sinner's prayer!"

Of course, I know why churches allow easy believerism based on a short sinner's prayer. If the true Gospel involving that we are bad and deserve Hell, and that we are required to repent of our sin and believe the Gospel that Jesus suffered and died on the Cross for us, and that we then have to continue on with Christ to show the fruit of righteousness by a holy life before Christ, then you'd be luck to have many more than a couple of hundred attending church.

Most church pastors and members go for easy believerism because that is what they want because their form of religion is more enjoyable and sits their desires and passions. That's why many Faith Charismatic churches go for experiences rather than being strict about complying with God's Word in Scripture. That's what they want. That's the reality in many churches.

Here is a thought that you may have to sit down and take a deep breath before you think it through.

God is absolute Good. To turn from God in any way is Evil. The RESULT of Evil, (Turning away from God) is SIN. THE RESULT not the CAUSE. EVIL is the CAUSE, EVIL to turn away from God in any form is the CAUSE! THE RESULT of EVIL is SIN, THE RESULT of EVIL IS SIN! For so long we have taught that Sin is the cause, and it leads to Evil. That is BACKWARDS. Satan wants us all to believe that we are so sinful we cannot know God; only God can change us to serve Him. Satan wants us to focus on sin. Satan wants us to see Sin as the only thing we are capable of in ourselves BECAUSE IT IS THE OPPOSITE OF GOD.
God is absolute GOOD, to turn from God in any way is Evil, the result OF EVIL is SIN.
God made us with the Ability and the Right to CHOOSE to Fellowship with HIM or NOT! Note here a sovereign God gave us the Ability and Right to make a Choice; we still DO NOT control or change the outcome of that choice!
To Serve and obey God in Fellowship leads to our being the Children of God we cannot fail to win in eternity. To choose to turn from God and serve Our Self is Evil Resulting in SIN these HAVE ALREADY Failed in Eternity they are LOST.
OK, Please hold on to your chair.
WHICH SIN they do is not important; it is just disobeying God. There are no Big Sins or little sins, the result is the same they are LOST. We spend so much time and energy looking at sin, (the RESULT of living opposite to the Good will of God), We fail to really study and focus on KNOWING GOD! Sin must not be our focus it is the opposite of God and Satan wants us to be focused on anything opposite to God. We must be focused on serving, fellowshipping with, and KNOWING GOD. The better we know God the closer we will be to Living fully in His GOOD.
Satan has a counterfeit teaching; it tells us we are so sinful we cannot know God. There are Libraries filled with books on the god you cannot know, because that god is so immense, so unknowable and so incomprehensible the mind of man cannot know him. BUT the God we fellowship with is Knowable because HE REVEALED HIMSELF in Creation, in Nature, In His Word, In JESUS, In our heart when we turn to Him and are indwelled by The Holy Spirit.

WE CAN KNOW GOD.
We need to know God, not sin and evil.
Yes, we have it backwards.
{Ok, our GOD is immense and incomprehensible in His FULL Self-existent, all powerful, all knowing, Majesty of HOLINESS, I did not mean to imply He is not. BUT, we were not given to understand all that, we are not responsible for all that. We have enough to deal with Just understand the attributes of God we have been Given. We only must Know what HE gave us to know, Grace, Faith and Mercy. OH, WHAT A GOD WE SERVE!!
Our whole Life is a test, Will I choose to Love, Obey, and Fellowship with GOD or not. This Idea is not difficult, Everyone in God’s eternal Kingdom will be there BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO BE, they choose to obey God in Fellowship, worship, and obedience. Without obeying God’s Grace, Jesus’s work, and the Cross you make a God given choice to reject God. The result the outcome of that choice is declared in the word of God.
YOU DO NOT EFFECT OR CONTROL THAT OUTCOME!
ON GOD’S SIDE you WIN!
Reject God you LOSE!

It is all just that simple.

Do People today lean on what has been said and is being said without challenging its content in serious study? Do People just hear and repeat what “the teacher” says without seriously studying to test the doctrines for themselves?

Sadly enough, the answer is yes.

Most today have formed a theological concept based on what they have been taught by their Pastor.

This leads to the creation of a “stronghold” being formed in their mind; a fortified concept that is designed by the enemy to resist or “exalt itself against the knowledge of God, against the truth from Christ and His doctrine.

This is why people who are presented with the clear words of scripture with argue against it, if favor of what the already believe.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

• for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,

again

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
1 Timothy 4:1

JLB

This Idea is not difficult, Everyone in God’s eternal Kingdom will be there BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO BE, they choose to obey God in Fellowship, worship, and obedience.

This is the truth. Yet many believe they have no choice in the matter of eternal life, because they have believe the false doctrine that teaches God chose them for salvation; Unconditional Election

Many today have been taught the THE LIE, which is the doctrine of Satan, that he taught Eve in the garden.

Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.
Genesis 3:4

Go ahead and disobey God for you will never die; you will continue to have eternal life even though you disobey God.

THE LIE which Paul referred to in his second letter to the Thessalonians.

and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

• that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Jesus Christ is the Truth. Every word that proceeds out of His mouth is the truth. The fullness of this truth is found in:

His Gospel
His Commandments
His Doctrine

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

JLB

Have you ever played that childhood game where someone whispers something in your ear and you pass it on to the next person beside you and by the time it gets to the last person in line it’s altogether different then what was originally said? This is the same way in many Churches as how the word of God is being taught. The word was spoken by God for what he has already said and by the time it reaches our ears we are hearing something totally different then what he spoke in the first place. Has this become the deception we now find in religion with each one teaching a different gospel then that of the original?

Many people love to dictate to you what you can and cannot do according to what they have been taught through mans doctrines and carnal interpretations and this only brings one into a deceptive bondage that can damage our very soul and cause us to fall away from God because we cannot meet the standards of the church to be that perfect person they say we need to be before we can even accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and not only before, but even after.

Many churches go as far as shutting the doors on those who do not meet their criteria as they deem certain people as unworthy of God and misfits of society that need to clean themselves up first before they can come to church as they would be a bad influence on the youth of the church. I would say let the youth of the church be a good influence on those who need Jesus in their lives as Jesus said to come as you are and he will change anything that needs changing beginning with the condition of our hearts.

Satan has such a foothold on religion by using those unaware to teach his twisted word as Satan knows this word better than we ever could. Those who lack the knowledge of truth will perish along with the deceptive word they teach. Our English language produces many different definitions for a singular word that has caused a misinterpretation from the teachings of the original manuscripts that were written by the Disciples of Christ. The carnal mind can not perceive the teachings of the Holy Spirit and if we are not allowing the Holy Spirit to teach us then we will fall prey to those deceptions and be devoured by the wicked on who seeks to destroy our faith.​

Have you ever played that childhood game where someone whispers something in your ear and you pass it on to the next person beside you and by the time it gets to the last person in line it’s altogether different then what was originally said? This is the same way in many Churches as how the word of God is being taught. The word was spoken by God for what he has already said and by the time it reaches our ears we are hearing something totally different then what he spoke in the first place. Has this become the deception we now find in religion with each one teaching a different gospel then that of the original?
Realize that this is a good argument for the hierarchy that exists in the Catholic church as compared to the multiple doctrines that have resulted in the Protestant movement.

If we are to get this correct we must start at the beginning. Why did God create heaven and earth? Why was man made, Even in the IMAGE OF GOD? And very important "what was the true penalty for disobeying God and eating the forbidden fruit. There are many views to answer these questions but we MUST have the correct one. Not theology or philosophy, or denominational teaching. WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY? The answers are not easy. I will offer an opinion but you must search the scripture to verify the truth.

Why did God create heaven and earth? Because He wanted too Self-existent God made a place for us to live just because He wanted to.

Why was man made, Even in the IMAGE OF GOD? God wanted a creature that would fellowship with Him, A Person that would CHOOSE to love and fellowship with God. We have to be enough like God to truly fellowship with Him. That is why we are made in His image, enough like Him to truly know Him.

This one you may have more trouble with but, this is what it says,
And very important "what was the true penalty for disobeying God and eating the forbidden fruit.

What is a picture of Good and Evil?
Adam in the garden fellowshipped daily with God. “They walked in the garden in the Cool of the day”. God taught Adam all things he needed to know. Adam knew the GOODNESS OF GOD.
Then Adam DISOBEYED GOD and the fellowship was broken, Blood had to be shed, Adam was put from the garden so he could not eat of the tree of life. He had to work hard and till the ground by the sweat of his face to eat. He was apart from God. He knew what evil meant, “To disobey God” the opposite of Good.

The word DIE from Hebrew before the Babylonian captivity, the writing is in pictograph form:
( מת ) Action: Separation Object: Man Abstract: Mortality, Death Definition: The length of time that something exists and ends. Ancient Hebrew: The pictograph is a picture of water representing chaos, the is a picture of two crossed sticks representing a mark or sign. Combined these mean "chaos mark".
The Hebrew word is translated Die but we are asking what was meant by that idea here in this usage.
Chaos Mark, the point something separated, for example, the body and Soul (as animal life) But the example is not the only usage there are many ways of separation, the one intended here is the separation of people in Adam and Eve from God. There is a lot of theology in the definition of this word as used in Gen 2 & 3. The theology teaches that man is dead to the ability to know God and that is simply NOT what it means, It is said that this means DEATH as in separated from life and existence, this is also not what it means. There are some that take this point to the extrema of saying it means Mankind is so “DEAD” that they have no ability or will to know God, it does not mean that either, THE CONTEXT OF THE TEXT DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS.
There are and always have been two ways of thought and action that a person may follow. They are based on a single truth that has confounded people for all time.

1 - The self-existent Holy God is GOOD.
2 - The opposite or turn away from God is evil and sin.

This is not complicated evil / sin exist as the absence of God.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: There are and always have been two ways.
The teachings of Augustine, and starting before that in the teachings of some in the Church there has been a blending of ANCIENT MYSTICISM and Its god with the Bible and the God of the Bible. Plato’s god “the one” “The Form” is NOT THE God of the BIBLE. Yet, it is surprising to see that many in the discussion of theology make no clear difference between the god of mysticism going back to Babylon and Zoroaster and the Self-existent God of Holiness in the Bible.
We are told in several sources that at least 50 to 60 % of Augustine’s theology comes from Plato. Augustine was a follower of both Plato and Gnostic teachings. Much of this thinking he included in his teachings, IT IS ALL FROM SATAN, IT IS WRONG.
My point here is IF you do not get the SOURCE RIGHT you very well may have the wrong information.

People leave the church and christianity for many reasons, not all are the fault of the church.

That said there are things that the local church can do.
It canpreach a relevent gospel.
By that one that deals with the reality of sin and its consquences and for the need for holy living.
A relevent gospel deals with the issues of today from a biblical view point.
It challenges the livestyle of church members, as well as non christians.

The christian message changed the roman world and in revival changed the western world.

How does the gospel challenge today?

Satan has such a foothold on religion by using those unaware to teach his twisted word as Satan knows this word better than we ever could. Those who lack the knowledge of truth will perish along with the deceptive word they teach.

Sad, but true.

Realize that this is a good argument for the hierarchy that exists in the Catholic church as compared to the multiple doctrines that have resulted in the Protestant movement.
One Lord, one faith, one baptism as salvation is through no one else as only God can forgive our sins.

To fix what is wrong with the Church possibly we need TO LOOK AT OURSELVES! I have heard "THEY DID" all my life and "That group of people", always blaming others for the problem. I think A cardinal rule should be "I am only responsible for ME!" I only answer for what I DID. If I spend my time concerned about being the Best ME I Can Be, The problems I see are problems I CAN FIX. I am not responsible for others mistakes and it may not be my place to tell everyone else how they are to do what I think is right.
Try this formula for a little while and see if you help others and yourself.

What am "I" doing for JESUS,
So others see JESUS in me,
and want what they see,
Every day
all the way
UNTIL THEN!

What am "I" doing for JESUS,..............(Living a life for Christ in all I do)
So others see JESUS in me,...................(an example of Love and Grace that shows JESUS.
and want what they see,.........................(There is enough rude hateful my way or die, We should try Jesus' love)
Every day........................................................(consistent)
all the way......................................................(Enduring)
UNTIL THEN!.................................................(The BLESSED HOPE of HIS Returning)

People leave the church and christianity for many reasons, not all are the fault of the church.

That said there are things that the local church can do.
It canpreach a relevent gospel.
By that one that deals with the reality of sin and its consquences and for the need for holy living.
A relevent gospel deals with the issues of today from a biblical view point.
It challenges the livestyle of church members, as well as non christians.

The christian message changed the roman world and in revival changed the western world.

How does the gospel challenge today?
Authentic Christianity never changed the Roman world. It is a documented fact that Constantine simply mainstreamed his pagan brand of Christianity to the rest of the world. In fact, the Bible prophesied in a bunch of books like Isaiah and Matthew that this was going to happen. The adherents of true Christianity were marginalized and even persecuted to the point of having to live in the outskirts of civilization for 1260 years(Rev. 12:6). When the Puritans arrived in America, they imported that persecution here with them.

A lot of genuine Christian doctrine still sounds strange to people today because biblical Christianity is still being marginalized by Catholicism and Protestantism as "heresy". The fact that the pagan trinity and antinomian doctrines are widely accepted as Christian is a testament to much the professing Christian world has been drowning in deception. As it stands, a lot of religious people in that world wont even entertain the fact that the mother harlot and the children Rev. 17:5 speaks of are the Catholic and Protestant religions, even though the symbolism in the chapter outright describes paganized Christian religions that originated in Rome and are practiced throughout the world.

Authentic Christianity never changed the Roman world. It is a documented fact that Constantine simply mainstreamed his pagan brand of Christianity to the rest of the world. In fact, the Bible prophesied in a bunch of books like Isaiah and Matthew that this was going to happen. The adherents of true Christianity were marginalized and even persecuted to the point of having to live in the outskirts of civilization for 1260 years(Rev. 12:6). When the Puritans arrived in America, they imported that persecution here with them.

A lot of genuine Christian doctrine still sounds strange to people today because biblical Christianity is still being marginalized by Catholicism and Protestantism as "heresy". The fact that the pagan trinity and antinomian doctrines are widely accepted as Christian is a testament to much the professing Christian world has been drowning in deception. As it stands, a lot of religious people in that world wont even entertain the fact that the mother harlot and the children Rev. 17:5 speaks of are the Catholic and Protestant religions, even though the symbolism in the chapter outright describes paganized Christian religions that originated in Rome and are practiced throughout the world.
May I ask that you please state your sources for where you study all of this from as this way we can look it up and see where the source comes from. Thank you.

focussing on religion rather than seeking God continually all day and walking with Him like our life depended on our connection to God

iow taste and see the Lord is good vs taste and see religion is insufficient

Back