Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the "times of the Gentiles"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

researcher

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Times (Strong's)
G2540
καιÃÂÃŒÂ
kairos
kahee-ros'
Of uncertain affinity; an occasion, that is, set or proper time: - X always, opportunity, (convenient, due) season, (due, short, while) time, a while. Compare G5550.

What is that? The completion of the destruction of Jerusalem, or the end of Gentile power in general?

When Jesus said that the gospel would be preached throuout the world as a witness to ALL NATIONS, then the end will come. Same end as when the time of the gentiles are fulfilled then the end will come.

Same end the time of the nations is the time of the gentiles.

The time of the gentiles, is similar to the time of the Jews that Jesus fulfilled, when He came the first time. Mark 1:15 "the time is fulfilled (...)" And fulfilled the spring feast upon His flesh.

Jesus did this by fulfilling passover. Jesus returns to fulfill the fall feasts. Tabernacles is a feast for all nations Zech 14:15-16. The time of the gentiles. This is when Jesus fulfills the law of Moises in the Spirit as a spiritual sacrifice.

Or you could look at it from when God made the covenant with Abraham, the then calendar was a lunar one. Jesus celebrated the passover which always fall on a full moon. The fullness of time.

For 2000 years we have been observing the solar calendar since the birth of Jesus, the solar calendar represents the gentile calendar or the time of the gentiles.

Hosea 6:2 After 2 days He will revive us (...). Well we are in the dawn of the 3rd day... Well you get the drift.

researcher said:
Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
What is that? The completion of the destruction of Jerusalem, or the end of Gentile power in general?
re,

It is the same prophecy as in Revelation 14:20 and Romans 11:25.

We will be "saved from death" in the same manner as Jesus was "saved from death."
Heb 5:7-8
7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; KJV

Joe

researcher said:

Times (Strong's)
G2540
καιÃÂÃŒÂ
kairos
kahee-ros'
Of uncertain affinity; an occasion, that is, set or proper time: - X always, opportunity, (convenient, due) season, (due, short, while) time, a while. Compare G5550.

MY COMMENTS: I believe it means all the years that Jerusalem is trodden down of the Gentiles (nations).
It started with Babylonia capturing Jerusalem, Judah and Benjamin, and has continued on even today, for the majority of those in Jerusalem today are not God fearing Jews. It will continue until the end of this age, the end of the tribulation, Daniel's 70th week.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

MMarc, I believe if we look closer, Jesus told the disciples the gospel would be preached to the whole known world, not the actual whole world. You'll have to check the wording in a Strong's for the word definition in the verse you refer to. I believe he used a different word for "world" which meant the known world.

Joe67, I believe Rev 14:20 is merely about Jerusalem's destruction in the first century. Not sure about the rest of your reply. You mean that we will have to die to be saved?

Bick, cool, thanks. I heard that description recently. I thought "maybe that's what it means," but then some of Jesus' other statements in the same chapter kind of jibe with that interpretation I think.

Thanks for the responses! ;) :biggrin

Breaking out the old concordance and dictionary! ;) :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back