Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the will of God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And this is the fathers will which hath sent me, that all of which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day..............John 6:39

This verse indicates God the father gave Jesus certain people for him to come and save. But is this the will of God? Galatians 1:4 says 'Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our father."

Also 1 Thessalonians 4:3 says " ......."this is the will of God. even your Sanctification....."

What do you believe is the will of God? Scriptures please .............

Will of God for what? God does not like stealing, that would be something that is his will not to do.

This verse indicates God the father gave Jesus certain people for him to come and save. But is this the will of God? Galatians 1:4 says 'Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our father."

Those that were given to Jesus, Jesus also said to those that believe on their word. So it must be God's will to believe what the apostles had written.

I could fill the page with things that are God's will, more specific area would be better.

Paul ask a pretty good question.....

Rom_9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

It came off this comment......

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Look through the Bible though, many knew the Will of God but did not do it, so they resisted and it did not fair well with them. God had a purpose for them and they blew it.

So I believe the Will of God is to find and do the will of God. Keep focused on the goal and path. If we all do our part, then the whole goes a lot better.

Mike.

And this is the fathers will which hath sent me, that all of which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day..............John 6:39

Also 1 Thessalonians 4:3 says " ......."this is the will of God. even your Sanctification....."

When one truly Loves God, obedience follow on! And one will not know this questions answer until after death. Heb. 11:1-2 [that is what faith ALL about!]
Even Christ which was the second Adam needed the Fathers approval. See John 20:17

--Elijah

GOD'S WILL FOR HIS ELECT PEOPLE
Their salvation is all God's action! (James 1:18)

Thus saith Jehovah:

Ezekiel 36:24-29
For I will take you from among the heathen (nations), and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. (Psalm 37:9, 11, 29; Mat. 5:5; 2 Pet. 3:13; Isaiah 65:17; Rev. 21:1)

Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. (Jer. 33:8; 1 John 1:7)

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (Isaiah 57:15; Jer. 24:7)

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. (1 John 3:23; John 13:34; Isaiah 26:12; Ezek. 11:19-20)

And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. (Ezek. 37:23; Heb. 13:20, 21)

I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. (But He will on the non-elect world; Amos 8:11)

Ezekiel 34:22-24
Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle. (Mat. 25:32, 33)

And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David (antitype of Christ); he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

And I Jehovah will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them (Ezek. 44:3; Acts 5:31);
I Jehovah have spoken it.

TGBTG!

pertaining to the salvation of men, this is Gods will:

John 6:40~~"For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

2 Pet 3:9~~The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.......How can God be patient towards creatures that He would not allow to believe on His Son?

1 Tim 2:4~~who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth....... How can God desire ALL men to be saved when He won't allow some to believe?

In John 6:40 that word "Believe" Is an active Voice...... pisteuw 4100 pres act nom s mas-Ptc *believing

That means we have to believe with our own personal volition, God does not violate our freewill in believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.

NLT Ecclesiastes 3:11~~Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, (common Grace to mankind)but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thus saith Jehovah:

For I will take you from among the heathen (nations), and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. (Psalm 37:9, 11, 29; Mat. 5:5; 2 Pet. 3:13; Isaiah 65:17; Rev. 21:1)

Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. (Jer. 33:8; 1 John 1:7)

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (Isaiah 57:15; Jer. 24:7)

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. (1 John 3:23; John 13:34; Isaiah 26:12; Ezek. 11:19-20)

And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. (Ezek. 37:23; Heb. 13:20, 21)

I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. (But He will on the non-elect world; Amos 8:11)

Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle. (Mat. 25:32, 33)

And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David (antitype of Christ); he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

And I Jehovah will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them (Ezek. 44:3; Acts 5:31);

TGBTG!
I like this post...well said and well written.....Thank you>

The will of God is all come to faith therough Jesus Christ.

The bottom/line shortcut is [ALL] who truly LOVE their Master are included in the Lords Will!

---Elijah

God's plan for the ages is "to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good" (Titus 2:14 NIV).

The will of God is everything that fits into that plan.

I believe the will of God is whatever He chooses it to be.

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. Exodus 33:19

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. Romans 9:15

I started a thread in Focus on Scripture and I didn't even know about this one! Here is my definition:

The will of God is that which God desires or desires to happen, it is what God considers the ideal reality, it is the ultimate standard by which right and wrong is judged, and the violation of it is sin.

You quoted 1 Thessalonians 4:3 but you left out beginning with verse 1 and continuing to verse 23. That is the will of God. concentrate on those, include the fruit of the Holy Spirit and you will do fine.

With regard to 1 Thes. 4:3... Of course it is God's will that His chosen elect people (Eph. 1:4) will abstain from sin; not just from fornication, but all sin; and He will see to it that they will! (Ezek. 36:26-27). (Note that 1Thes. 4 contains only 18 verses, not 23).

Also, according to the Word of God, fornication, just as spiritual adultery does, entails not just sexual sin, but adjoining oneself with false gospels: sinful man attempting to obtain salvation by his own works of the flesh as opposed to the grace and eternal election of God. But the works of man can never achieve his own salvation; for no works of the flesh can ever please God! (Rom. 8:7-8)

GTG!

Also, according to the Word of God, fornication, just as spiritual adultery does, entails not just sexual sin, but adjoining oneself with false gospels: sinful man attempting to obtain salvation by his own works of the flesh as opposed to the grace and eternal election of God. But the works of man can never achieve his own salvation; for no works of the flesh can ever please God! (Rom. 8:7-8) GTG!

Hi Messenger, I bolded the part of your text that my question is about....

Where do you find in scripture or language translation that fornication is speaking of anything besides sexual immorality?
Thanks

Hi Deborah,

I believe a good example is in the book of Ezekiel chapter 23, where the Word of God uses the language of physical sexual lust of the Babylonians as they sought to seduce Israel, while actually pointing to spiritual lust, the "bed of love" (v.17), leading to spiritual fornication or adultery. In this chapter, the translators used the word "whoredoms". And in Ezekiel 16, this same word is translated "fornication":

taznuwth (fem.); fornication, harlotry; metaphor for the worship of idols.
http://www.blbclassic.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H8457&t=KJV

Babylon identifies with the kingdom of Satan; the King of Babylon; also referred to as the dragon in Rev. 12:9, "who deceiveth the whole world". In the book of Daniel, the king of Babylon calls for the worship of another god; and how the king of Babylon blasphemed God by stealing from the temple of God and debasing implements devoted to Him.

Satan's desire was to be as God (Isaiah 14:14); and to be worshipped as God:

2 Thes. 2:3-4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

I believe this "man of sin" does now presently sit in the temple of God: today's churches and religious institutions. That those sitting under these false teachings, though they may seem to be true, in reality do contradict the the truth of God's Word, that they are guilty of committing fornication with Satan himself.

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."
(Prov. 14:12, 16:25; exactly doubled (Gen. 41:32)

TGBTG!

Hi Deborah,

I believe a good example is in the book of Ezekiel chapter 23, where the Word of God uses the language of physical sexual lust of the Babylonians as they sought to seduce Israel, while actually pointing to spiritual lust, the "bed of love" (v.17), leading to spiritual fornication or adultery. In this chapter, the translators used the word "whoredoms". And in Ezekiel 16, this same word is translated "fornication":

taznuwth (fem.); fornication, harlotry; metaphor for the worship of idols.
http://www.blbclassic.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H8457&t=KJV

Satan's desire was to be as God (Isaiah 14:14); and to be worshipped as God:

TGBTG!

Thank you Messeger, this post has helped with the definition in the Hebrew and it is interesting that every time that word is used it is in context to the sin as a nation. Never is it used as the individuals physical sexual sin.
I won't comment further and get off topic. :)

Thus saith Jehovah:

TGBTG!

Messenger says -

The word of God says -

3 As for the prince, because he is the prince, he may sit in it to eat bread before the Lord; he shall enter by way of the vestibule of the gateway, and go out the same way." Ezek. 44:3

Ezekiel 44:3 does not even come close to saying what you have misquoted it as saying.

The Name of The Lord is Jesus, not Jehovah.

YHWH is what is rendered in the Old Testament Hebrew.

Jesus declares Himself to be YHWH.

Jehovah is not a recognized name of the Lord.

YHWH = YeHoWsHuwa = Jesus

Hebrews 4:8 - KJV
8]
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Hebrews 4:8 – nkjv
8]
For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary:

“Jehovah — False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH.”
(“Jehovah,” Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1973 ed.)

Encyclopedia Americana:

“Jehovah — erroneous form of the name of the G-d of Israel.”
(Encyclopedia Americana, vol. 16., 1972 ed.)

Encyclopedia Britannica:

“The Masoretes who from the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or Elohim. Thus the artificial name Jehovah came into being.”
(“Yahweh,” The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 12, 1993 ed.)

The Jewish Encyclopedia:

“Jehovah — a mispronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of G-d. This pronunciation is grammatically impossible.”
(“Jehovah,” The Jewish Encyclopedia, vol. 7, 1904 ed.)

The New Jewish Encyclopedia:

“It is clear that the word Jehovah is an artificial composite.”
(“Jehovah,” The New Jewish Encyclopedia, 1962 ed.)

The Jewish Encyclopedia states that YHWH is "the distinctive personal name of the God of Israel", and describes the form "Jehovah" as "a philological impossibility".

JLB

STAFF Member (Moderator):

Quick review of this thread and the posts herein brings notice where at least twice now the topic has expanded past:
"What is the will of God?"

stop_zps333462e4.gif
Admittedly this is a wide topic but let's try to stay within it.

~Sparrowhawke

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back