Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is your biggest pet peeve?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Kathi

Well....One of mine is people who do not use blinkers on their car.Another is waiting in the self checkout at the grocery store and someone is checking out a whole basket of groceries.It will take them 1/2 hour to do so. :angry3

The 7:11 AM bus to work every morning. I mean... is it really necessary that all the other 8 billion humans have to be on my bus? :wall

People that use the pumping lanes at gas stations as a convenient parking spot.

People who believe their car so special that they have to park diagonally and take up 2 spots.

some of us could use categories for pet peeves....
Bible pet peeve... implanting our words in place of His
Forum pet peeve .. posting in the wrong forum
driving pet peeve .. ...other people having the nerve to be on MY road

Oh, boy...not even sure where to start. Just a few random ones, in no particular order.

- Guys who wear their pants so low that my family and I get to know the exact shape of their butt. :screwloose2

- People who drive 20 miles over the speed limit when it's raining/snowing and look at me like I'm a moron for going 5 under as they fly by. Actually, people driving in general. The older I get, the more I understand why my dad told me at 15, "The key to avoiding accidents is to assume that everyone else on the road is an idiot." :squint

- People who draw attention to themselves on purpose and have the nerve to angrily say, "What?" when someone looks. :shrug

- Leaving lights on when no one's in the room. :wall

I'm going to stop, because if I don't this post might turn into a novella. :thumbsup

:pray
Oh, boy...not even sure where to start. Just a few random ones, in no particular order.

- Guys who wear their pants so low that my family and I get to know the exact shape of their butt. :screwloose2

- People who drive 20 miles over the speed limit when it's raining/snowing and look at me like I'm a moron for going 5 under as they fly by. Actually, people driving in general. The older I get, the more I understand why my dad told me at 15, "The key to avoiding accidents is to assume that everyone else on the road is an idiot." :squint

- People who draw attention to themselves on purpose and have the nerve to angrily say, "What?" when someone looks. :shrug

- Leaving lights on when no one's in the room. :wall

I'm going to stop, because if I don't this post might turn into a novella. :thumbsup

Your dad and I see eye to eye on that :lol

some of us could use categories for pet peeves....
Bible pet peeve... implanting our words in place of His
Forum pet peeve .. posting in the wrong forum
driving pet peeve .. ...other people having the nerve to be on MY road
that is what the terret of my truck is for with the loaded weapon. lol

What is your biggest pet peeve?

This...Rom 10:17.

Instead of this...
Romans 10
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I believe it's more beneficial to the reader if the actual verse or passage is posted in lieu of simply posting "book, chapter, verse". To be totally honest, and I'm probably the only one, but I never look those verses up. I just move past them as if they weren't even there.

This...Rom 10:17.

Instead of this...
Romans 10
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I believe it's more beneficial to the reader if the actual verse or passage is posted in lieu of simply posting "book, chapter, verse". To be totally honest, and I'm probably the only one, but I never look those verses up. I just move past them as if they weren't even there.
Nope, you're not the only one! It's not like we're writing with pencils anymore. Copy and past is easy!

I don't have a pet, but if I did, I would name it Peeve, so I could tell people "This is my pet, Peeve".

The thing I have the hardest time tolerating is inconsistency (aka hypocracy). For example, when someone says he's against the death penalty because we don't have the right to play God and decide who lives and who dies, but then he has no problems with abortion. (The same applies to people who don't want to play God with unborn babies but have no problem with the death penalty). Or people who say "I have freedom in Christ. I'm not bound by any law", when talking about the Sabbath, but then they have a whole host of unwritten laws they expect others to follow.

The TOG​

I don't have a pet, but if I did, I would name it Peeve, so I could tell people "This is my pet, Peeve".

The thing I have the hardest time tolerating is inconsistency (aka hypocracy). For example, when someone says he's against the death penalty because we don't have the right to play God and decide who lives and who dies, but then he has no problems with abortion. (The same applies to people who don't want to play God with unborn babies but have no problem with the death penalty). Or people who say "I have freedom in Christ. I'm not bound by any law", when talking about the Sabbath, but then they have a whole host of unwritten laws they expect others to follow.

The TOG​

Hypocrisy was a stumbling block for me for the longest time until the Lord reminded me that He has it covered.

Matthew 12
36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

I no longer tolerate hypocrisy, I ignore it. Because if I don't ignore it, I end up condemning myself because of the thoughts that run through my mind.

God's got it covered, He's keeping track, no one gets away.

work related:
1) old people or any who, while I need to drive fast or the speed limit, move so slow the slugs are passing them. all the while looking at me and saying what a jerk!
2) you meter readers guestimate the water usage. had one today. so I dug out that meter, so they cant ever say that again.
3) the city doesn't do anything, we are all lazy. oh the meter readers are why im using so much power. like the meter's number just lie.!
4)lets bury the water meter under a tree and then whine why bill is so off
5) dogs, they don't bite, yeah till it just bit me

work related:
1) old people or any who, while I need to drive fast or the speed limit, move so slow the slugs are passing them. all the while looking at me and saying what a jerk!
2) you meter readers guestimate the water usage. had one today. so I dug out that meter, so they cant ever say that again.
3) the city doesn't do anything, we are all lazy. oh the meter readers are why im using so much power. like the meter's number just lie.!
4)lets bury the water meter under a tree and then whine why bill is so off
5) dogs, they don't bite, yeah till it just bit me
When your water bill all of sudden is $700.00 :eek2

Jason, Having a good i see :)
daily issues. I don't get paid to loaf. I must move my carcass at good rate of speed. im not happy with my route time. I did more read per hour and yet finished later then I did last month. either I finished at about a few minutes earlier or im off on the 11:30 finish last month. I think I will keep a log.

When your water bill all of sudden is $700.00 :eek2

leaks, if its not a smart meter you can check the read. I did. I went to my water meter for this months bill and its on, I also got a larger electric bill. I have a smart meter. no one reads it. its still displays the reads. its also correct.

water meters and electric seldom speed up. they either stop or slow down.with electric of then they read in your favor when they fail.the mechanical types not the digitals. those do read slowly but not as much as the old school ones.

Back