Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is your primary study Bible?

What is your primary study Bible?

• King James Version (KJV) / New King James Bible (NKJV)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revised Standard Version (RSV) / New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

• American Standard Version (ASV) / New American Standard Bible (NASB)

• Orthodox Study Bible

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I use my KJV Bible, it's like an old friend and has all my notes and scribbles in it from when the Holy Spirit opens my eyes to something. I can look through it and remember where I was at certain points in my life when I wrote them. As of late, however, I have been reading Tim's ESV which I had never read before. I like it alot and want one myself, but I don't think it can replace my old favourite.

Blazin Bones said:
StoveBolts said:
[quote="Blazen Bones":eae74]Some days I'll pull out my 4 in 1 Bible and go Amplified.

Hey Tim,
Is that kinda like Jolt Cola? :-D

No, my Parrallel Bible has four translations in it and one of them is the Amplified version. [/quote:eae74]

I see now, it becoming clearer and clearer now.., you were the kid at Micky D's that mixed his own drink at the fountain! :biggrin
A bit of ice, a tad of Root Beer, add some Lemonade for zest, a little Sprite and top it off with Pepsi and Dr. Pepper :wink:

Stovebolts, you bet I was. That makes for a unique flavor for a unique kid. But that doesn't have anything to do with my Bibles and my Parrellel. :) Parrellel Bibles are an excelent study tool. They allow you to have multiple translations side by side for on the spot comparison. They are done in a similar way to Bibles that go from english to say spanish. My parrellel has the NIV, KJV, NASB, and the AMP all in one book.

It sure is. I also have one which has the NASB side by side with The Message. That's an eye opener. Zondervan does a number of parrallels.

Yes, I enjoy the material Zondervan puts out. I've got a few commentaries that they've put out several of the NT writings and really enjoy the work they have put in them.

I've never really looked at any parallel bible seriously for purchase simply because if I brought one more bible home, I think my wife would have my head lol.

We've just added another book case in the front room so hey, we might get away with it! Wow, my wife was just talking about taking a trip to Grand Rapids sometime in the near future for the sole purpose of going to Zondervan's discount outlet. 8-) hmmm......

Nice. I guess that's a perk for those who live in Michigan. Parrellel's aren't for everyone, but they are a great study tool. They aren't cheap either, but hey, you've got the discount location for a possibility.

The only mark against them could be their promotion of things like the TNIV and The Message. I can't believe how many people consider the Message a Bible translation, and at that their primary translation.

I perfer The Full Life KJV International Study Bible for Pentecostal and Charismatic Christians. But I have many study bibles (approx 15), but that's the primary one I read daily from. And I like the Dake's Annotated Reference Study Bible too, it's the two I stay in mainly, and then I'll bounce to the Amplified Bible for those days I want to read it in plain english.

Kudos HIM
carolpsalm91

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back