Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is your purpose?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
you claimed that we create, only God can create.

ARE these not your words?
Don't you think that God intends for us to create life on them and rule? Don't you understand the parable that Jesus told?

the transifiguration in the gospels.

peters sees the the men elijah and also moses and says lord let us make tabernacles for moses, elijah, and you.

and those men appeared talking to the lord.

now how does the dead talk to the lord if they arent dead?

If you can't understand what I am saying (I never said anything about them being dead or alive) and misquote me, then how can you understand the scriptures?

logic, logic.

did God make the math we use?!or the languages we use to a degree? yes

so god can make a rock so big that he cant lift it?

do you see the sillyness of your thoughts

So you are saying that Jesus is not telling the truth when He said all things is possible for the person that believes?
<O:tongue</O:tongue
Mark 9:23 (ASV)
<SUP>23 </SUP>And Jesus said unto him, If thou canst! All things are possible to him that believeth.

<!--EndFragment-->
Matthew 21:21-22 (ASV)
<SUP>21 </SUP>And Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do what is done to the fig tree, but even if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and cast into the sea, it shall be done.
<SUP>22 </SUP>And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

How is it that all things are possible to the person that is far from perfect, in this life that believe but not the same for someone that is perfectly sinless, righteous and glorified?<O:tongue</O:tongue

<!--EndFragment-->

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I made a statement that the Bible says that the saints will be worshiped and so far no one even ask me to show it to them. But instead are arguing with me and even saying things that I did not say. It’s as if they either fear the truth or already have their mind made up and therefore do not have to ask.<o>:tongue</o>:tongue

I haven't done anything you suggest. I also believe that we are created to be higher than the angels as we are one with Christ. However, I don't see in Scripture where the angels are to worship us, but they are in awe of our standing in Christ.

Revelation 3:9 means that these people will be forced to acknowledge the Church of Jesus Christ as God's special people. The word, 'homage' is a word used in one translation, which doesn't mean worship, but means reverential respect. 'Forced' is an important word, also.

I haven't done anything you suggest. I also believe that we are created to be higher than the angels as we are one with Christ. However, I don't see in Scripture where the angels are to worship us, but they are in awe of our standing in Christ.

Revelation 3:9 means that these people will be forced to acknowledge the Church of Jesus Christ as God's special people. The word, 'homage' is a word used in one translation, which doesn't mean worship, but means reverential respect. 'Forced' is an important word, also.

You are trying to tell me what it means and I am showing you what that scripture says......you are interpreting it am not…..I accept it for what it says, because it is not a riddle or a parablele.
It’s the same word that Jesus used when Satan tried to get Him worship him.....it is the same word throughout the New Testament when it is used towards God. But you seem to be saying that the same word means one thing when it is referring to God and another when it is talking about the saints? Are the scriptures consistant or not?<O:tongue</O:tongue

You are trying to tell me what it means and I am showing you what that scripture says......you are interpreting it am not…..I accept it for what it says, because it is not a riddle or a parablele.
<o>:tongue</o>:tongue
It’s the same word that Jesus used when Satan tried to get Jesus worship him.....it is the same word throughout the New Testament when it is used towards God. But you seem to be saying that the same word means one thing when it is referring to God and another when it is talking about the saints? Are the scriptures consistent or not?<o>:tongue</o>:tongue

We all interpret---some do it poorly. I have interpreted it fairly. Only God will receive all worship, but we, the Bride will one day receive the acknowledgment that God is God and Jesus is King of all kings and Lord of all Lords, and we are indeed His people. Bowing in respect and homage to the truth is not worship. These people will not worship--they are going to be forced to give homage to the truth they can no longer reject---for once. Praise God!

Scriptures do not say 'worship'. So who is interpreting here?

bazz if God can make rock that he cant lift than he isnt all powerful. its a logical fallacy as he has rules that he set for himself.

and i guess daniel and esther sinned when they worshipped the kings over them.

i could also say that with that line of thought. God can murder and kill for no good reason. which he never has or will.

so god has limits to what he does, as he has defined them.
ie God doesnt sin, do evil.

We all interpret---some do it poorly. I have interpreted it fairly. Only God will receive all worship, but we, the Bride will one day receive the acknowledgment that God is God and Jesus is King of all kings and Lord of all Lords, and we are indeed His people. Bowing in respect and homage to the truth is not worship. These people will not worship--they are going to be forced to give homage to the truth they can no longer reject---for once. Praise God!

Scriptures do not say 'worship'. So who is interpreting here?

If that is case then why is the same Greek word proskyneō that is used in regards to God is used in Revelation 3:9? Why did not Jesus use a different word to John in Revelation if He did not mean to say what that word means?

John 4:24 (KJV)
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1 Corinthians 14:25 (KJV)
25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Hebrews 1:6 (KJV)
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

All those scriptures above use the same Greek word proskyneō as in Revelation 3:9 (KJV)
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Worship
Greek Word: προσκυνέω
Transliteration: proskyneō
Phonetic Pronunciation Pros-koo-neh'-o
Root: from <G4314>and a probable derivative of <G2965>(meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand)
Cross Reference: TDNT - 6:758,948
Part of Speech: v
Vine's Words: Worship, Worshiping

from <G4314>(pros) and a probably derivative of <G2965>(kuon) (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, i.e. (literal or figurative) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore) :- worship.

— Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary

bazz if God can make rock that he cant lift than he isnt all powerful. its a logical fallacy as he has rules that he set for himself.

and i guess daniel and esther sinned when they worshipped the kings over them.

i could also say that with that line of thought. God can murder and kill for no good reason. which he never has or will.

so god has limits to what he does, as he has defined them.
ie God doesnt sin, do evil.

I am not talking about if this or if that, I am showing you what God's word says. The problem is you don't want to believe what it says.<O:tongue</O:tongue

The light is always blinding when one has been in the dark for a long time.

The Churches are filled with many false teachings as Jesus said in the verse below.<O:tongue</O:tongue
<O:tongue
Matthew 24:4-5 (GW)
<SUP>4 </SUP>Jesus answered them, “Be careful not to let anyone deceive you.
<SUP>5 </SUP>Many will come using my name. They will say, ‘I am the Messiah,' and they will deceive many people.

They believe in Jesus of the Bible, so they come in His name (claiming to be a Christian, that what they are doing is in His name, but are not) and by their teachings deceive many. It is no wonder when a person believes and teaches what the Bible says it is strange to them. <O:tongue</O:tongue

Why were you born? What is the reason for God putting human beings on the Earth? What is your destiny?<O:tongue</O:tongue

At first glance those question would seem as if it is addressed to unbelievers, but I am not asking unbelievers these questions. I am addressing Christians. Could you give Biblical answers to those questions if someone were to ask you? Because not many Christians know the answer. Do you?<O:tongue</O:tongue

I see two purposes at least. Isa. 66 finds us at the New City in Worship of God, and the City finds NO NEED OF THE SUN THERE!;) Even the whole earth will never again be in total darkness. But the New Heavens & Earth will be as at the beginning with 'our day' divisions. (Eccl. 3:15) Before the flood the earth had a watering system different than that of raining even. But here is the first purpose of why we were born. It was Adams FIRST day of Loving Worship, yet on the seventh day of Earth's creation. God has stated that for a fact. Gen. 2:2-3!

Isa. 66
[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

OK: After WORSHIP?? 'i' see Isa. 65:21-25 telling me of our country homes + farming? Vineyards at least, and LOVING TO WORK! And CALLING on GOD finds Him, ANSWERING US BEFORE WE CALL!

SO: That is for then, and I see 'us' to finally be seen there, we will be doing the same type of things today. Of course [WE] now have the Matt. 28:19 +,+,+ verse *20* to do because we Love our Master & the ones that He died for.
And let me just add, that our motives might be misunderstood while on this present earth by even your question including Christians, but Christ knows what ones True Motive is, huh! Jude 1:22-23.

--Elijah

Why were you born? What is the reason for God putting human beings on the Earth? What is your destiny?<O:tongue</O:tongue

At first glance those question would seem as if it is addressed to unbelievers, but I am not asking unbelievers these questions. I am addressing Christians. Could you give Biblical answers to those questions if someone were to ask you? Because not many Christians know the answer. Do you?<O:tongue</O:tongue

"He said to him, ... You must not eat the fruit of that tree; if you do, you will die the same day." Gen. 2: 16-17

" ... God told us not to eat the fruit of that tree or even touch it; if we do, we will die." Gen. 3:3

The snake replied, "That is not true you will not die." Gen. 3:4

Originally we were put on this earth to live.

If that is case then why is the same Greek word proskyneō that is used in regards to God is used in Revelation 3:9? Why did not Jesus use a different word to John in Revelation if He did not mean to say what that word means?

John 4:24 (KJV)
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1 Corinthians 14:25 (KJV)
25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Hebrews 1:6 (KJV)
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

All those scriptures above use the same Greek word proskyneō as in Revelation 3:9 (KJV)
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Worship
Greek Word: προσκυνέω
Transliteration: proskyneō
Phonetic Pronunciation Pros-koo-neh'-o
Root: from <g4314>and a probable derivative of <g2965>(meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand)</g2965></g4314>
Cross Reference: TDNT - 6:758,948
Part of Speech: v
Vine's Words: Worship, Worshiping

from <g4314>(pros) and a probably derivative of <g2965>(kuon) (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, i.e. (literal or figurative) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore) :- worship.</g2965></g4314>

G4352
προσκυνέω
proskuneō

pros-koo-neh'-o
From G4314 and probably a derivative of G2965 (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master’s hand); to fawn or crouch to, that is, (literally or figuratively) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore): - worship.

You must choose carefully which is the appropriate meaning to apply according to the whole volume of scripture. Only God is able and worthy to receive all true worship. Therefore, the lesser meanings apply to the Church.

The answer to all 3 questions is to bring glory and honor to God. Its all about Him.

I see two purposes at least. Isa. 66 finds us at the New City in Worship of God, and the City finds NO NEED OF THE SUN THERE!;) Even the whole earth will never again be in total darkness. But the New Heavens & Earth will be as at the beginning with 'our day' divisions. (Eccl. 3:15) Before the flood the earth had a watering system different than that of raining even. But here is the first purpose of why we were born. It was Adams FIRST day of Loving Worship, yet on the seventh day of Earth's creation. God has stated that for a fact. Gen. 2:2-3!

Isa. 66
[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

OK: After WORSHIP?? 'i' see Isa. 65:21-25 telling me of our country homes + farming? Vineyards at least, and LOVING TO WORK! And CALLING on GOD finds Him, ANSWERING US BEFORE WE CALL!

SO: That is for then, and I see 'us' to finally be seen there, we will be doing the same type of things today. Of course [WE] now have the Matt. 28:19 +,+,+ verse *20* to do because we Love our Master & the ones that He died for.
And let me just add, that our motives might be misunderstood while on this present earth by even your question including Christians, but Christ knows what ones True Motive is, huh! Jude 1:22-23.

--Elijah

Worshiping God is not our purpose for our existence......worshiping God is the result of what He has done. It is something that one does voluntarily in humble gratitude.<O:tongue</O:tongue

Our purpose and destiny is basically the same as God's......to be in a personal relationship with Him, and to be coinheritors and ruler with Him. It is to use our great power to do good and serve/sustain all that is and will be. It is to be the offspring of God, possessing His very Nature and way of thinking.....to be one with God, (God in us and we in Him) separate yet distinct. Our purpose is to be His sons and daughters, that are the very image of God Himself......to be the visible representation of God.

I am not talking about if this or if that, I am showing you what God's word says. The problem is you don't want to believe what it says.<O:tongue</O:tongue

no, i disagree with you interpretation.

for example , you say that we have the same nature as God,

why then God plainly say this?

instead he says in his word we shall see him because we shall be like him.

why didnt he say .... we shall become him?

its christlike while on the earth, like as in similiar but not as the same or having all the traits.

did you think that we are his serveants and corulers as in vassals. we are given a city to rule over and he sets the rules and we enforce them. its called delegation.

men have done this. God did say this occupy till i come.

hmm sounds like delegation to me.

no, i disagree with you interpretation.

I am not interpreting anything......I believe and accept the Greek word for worship for what it means. It can't mean one thing when applied to God and another when applied to His people.<O:tongue</O:tongue

for example , you say that we have the same nature as God,

why then God plainly say this?

instead he says in his word we shall see him because we shall be like him.

why didnt he say .... we shall become him?

That is silly, how can you become someone else? Can you become your father or mother or brother or sister? You can become like another person in the way you act, talk and even look, but you can’t be that person. So the same way you cannot become another person, because that other person is already that person and you are already you. We will not be God but we will be like Him.....we will share His Nature, His life and purpose and even be the physical representation of God…..which means that God will be seen in us.<O:tongue</O:tongue

Our purpose and destiny is basically the same as God's......to be in a personal relationship with Him, and to be coinheritors and ruler with Him. It is to use our great power to do good and serve/sustain all that is and will be. It is to be the offspring of God, possessing His very Nature and way of thinking.....to be one with God, (God in us and we in Him) separate yet distinct. Our purpose is to be His sons and daughters, that are the very image of God Himself......to be the visible representation of God.

Beautiful.

I am not interpreting anything......I believe and accept the Greek word for worship for what it means. It can't mean one thing when applied to God and another when applied to His people.<O:tongue</O:tongue

That is silly, how can you become someone else? Can you become your father or mother or brother or sister? You can become like another person in the way you act, talk and even look, but you can’t be that person. So the same way you cannot become another person, because that other person is already that person and you are already you. We will not be God but we will be like Him.....we will share His Nature, His life and purpose and even be the physical representation of God…..which means that God will be seen in us.<O:tongue</O:tongue

thus we create, again. that isnt stated anywhere in the bible. and by worship then was david in sin when he recieved worship from bathsheba?

keep in mind that no man can be worshipped according the the ten commandment yet here it is.David was already on his way to execute his intentions, when Abigail met him. When she saw David, she has Ted, lighted off the ass, and fell before David on her face and bowed herself to the ground; and fell at his feet (I sam 25:23,24)

by your definition of what worship is, that my friend is worship.
from (pros) and a probably derivative of (kuon) (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, i.e. (literal or figurative) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore) :- worship.

Of course the hebrews have a different word there and but the english defintion from the greek is the same. according the use you choose.

therefore according to you david recieved what he cant have worship from a human.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back