Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Kind of Day?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think this is akin to trying to say The Kingdom of God and The Kingdom of Heaven are two different things.

I think this is akin to trying to say The Kingdom of God and The Kingdom of Heaven are two different things.

As a matter of fact, they are different. The Lord Jesus said that "the Kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU" (Luke 17:21) but He spoke in parables concerning the Kingdom of Heaven, which is the external manifestation of Christianity (or Christendom) and has both wheat and tares (Matthew 13:24-30). All churches will have genuine believers as well as counterfeit Christians, but to all external appearances they are all "Christians".

As a matter of fact, they are different. The Lord Jesus said that "the Kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU" (Luke 17:21) but He spoke in parables concerning the Kingdom of Heaven, which is the external manifestation of Christianity (or Christendom) and has both wheat and tares (Matthew 13:24-30). All churches will have genuine believers as well as counterfeit Christians, but to all external appearances they are all "Christians".
Do a bit more reading, My Friend.

plant the seed, futurist and futurism is a hard shell to break through. I was where he was a few years ago. I need to do that thread on isreal again.
I agree. But, I wasn't speaking from that platform, necessarily.

I just meant that you can easily say what he did, and be right... in a limited view. Likewise, with a little reading, you will find just the opposite meanings....... IF you are trying to say KoG and KoH mean specific and different things. You can even find where the different terms are used when speaking to different and specific ethnic groups.

It's much like the several times I have posted about how the "Wrath of God" can mean two or three very different things, depending upon the context in which you find it written.

I agree. But, I wasn't speaking from that platform, necessarily.

I just meant that you can easily say what he did, and be right... in a limited view. Likewise, with a little reading, you will find just the opposite meanings....... IF you are trying to say KoG and KoH mean specific and different things. You can even find where the different terms are used when speaking to different and specific ethnic groups.
isreal was both physically a kingdom and also a spiritual one at the same time. jews teach this and its supported in the bible. moses and all that were of isreal that are in paradise with the Lord are that nation.

to briefly go into the soul. when the faithful were following the Lord doing the torah they were both on the land on the earth doing things for the Lord and also having their souls right with the Lord. cleansed as well even the prophets said that the lord cleansed the heart. which we both know isn't a literal organ but is the seat of emotions and thought. of course without going into the nephesh , and other Hebrew names for the soul and its nature of each part.

Hummm. Kinda like the Jewish understanding of the terms, "Heaven & Earth"?

Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Luk 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Luk 7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Mat 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
Mar 4:30 And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
Mar 4:31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
Luk 13:18 Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
Luk 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mar 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Luk 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Luk 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Mat 4:12 Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;
Mat 4:13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:
Mat 4:14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
Mat 4:15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;
Mat 4:16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
Mat 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Hummm. Kinda like the Jewish understanding of the terms, "Heaven & Earth"?
yes, which still refers to jersusalem at the temple, and tabernacle where God met with man. Jews also say that adam was formed at that location(mt.Moriah).

Of course Christ is Lord. But Scripture makes a distinction between the Father and the Son. Christ is God manifest in the flesh, who is also the one who will return for His saints. Hence "the Day of Christ". But long before Christ became a Man, God foretold of the Day of the LORD, which is a terrible period of human history, and which is yet to come.

So you believe the LORD is only referring to God the Father?

So you believe the LORD is only referring to God the Father?

That wasn't the point. LORD (YAHWEH) is the personal name of God, and generally applies to God as God. But it is also the name of YAHSHUA (Jesus).

The point is that the Day of the LORD is a time of great and terrible judgments. The Day of Christ is the opposite. It is the time of the redemption of the Church (the perfection and glorification of the saints).

That wasn't the point. LORD (YAHWEH) is the personal name of God, and generally applies to God as God. But it is also the name of YAHSHUA (Jesus).

The point is that the Day of the LORD is a time of great and terrible judgments. The Day of Christ is the opposite. It is the time of the redemption of the Church (the perfection and glorification of the saints).

So my point is that this single day is perceived as terrible or glorious depending on whether one is judged for their own works or acquitted through Grace under Christ's blood.

So my point is that this single day is perceived as terrible or glorious depending on whether one is judged for their own works or acquitted through Grace under Christ's blood.
so when jesus comes back isn't that what paul said it would be like in one Corinthians 15? me thinks so. when jesus comes after the trib what will be that days' name isn't there some judgment and redemption in that idea?

When Jesus comes back?Aren't there a lot of different views on this board of when that will happen?Then this question would be difficult to answer.

When Jesus comes back?Aren't there a lot of different views on this board of when that will happen?Then this question would be difficult to answer.
that is for the pre tribbers and other futurists to answer.i believe in return, one resurrection and one judgement

And that would be known as the great white throne judgement, which to me is much different than a "time of tribulation"

Just who is the Day of wrath for? Was it not for those living under the old covenant? The Lord declared the he would punish Jerusalem double for her sins, and Jerusalem has already indeed been punished double for her sins. Jerusalem bore her judgements and was destroyed the first time by the Babylonians and then received her double portion at the hand of the Romans. The judgement and the wrath of God were fulfilled under the old covenant. But through the new covenant of peace the old covenant has become null and void, ready to disappear. Through the new covenant the Lord has promised us salvation: not wrath.

Do you believe in the wrath of God? Or do you believe in the Word of God?

Isaiah 54:6-10
For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit,
and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
For a small moment have I forsaken thee;
but with great mercies will I gather thee.
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment;
but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee,
saith the Lord thy Redeemer.

For this is as the waters of Noah unto me:
for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth;
so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

For the mountains shall depart,
and the hills be removed;
but my kindness shall not depart from thee,
neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed,
saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.

The day of the return of Jesus is the Day of the LORD. And it is not going to be a pretty day. Most of the people on earth are going to be in terror at His return. I see a few people have replied like me so i will not go into it much.. I will just post one passage.

Joel 2
1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; 2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations. 3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them. 4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run. 5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array. 6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness. 7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks: 8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded. 9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief. 10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: 11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORDis great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back