Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What kind of music do you like?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Bands I like;

My Chemical Romance
The Used
Green Day
Deflator Mouse
Madina Lake
Mindless Self Indulgence

I have one rule I put on the music I listen to....

If it has a good meaning, and there is nothing bad in it like explicit content or sexual themes, then I will probably be okay with it
(unless I just don't like the actual music in it haha)

But I love Classical and Opera and Choral (I'm a vocalist thats probably why I like most of that stuff haha), Celtic, Irish, Indian, Chinese, and all other types of World Folk, and pretty much all types of rock, indie, anything really..

Bands/groups: Flyleaf, Superchick, Reliant K, Enya, Regina Spektor, Celtic Woman....all kinds :)

I love music!
I can relate to some songs really well!

I love Starfield, Michael W.Smith, Chrs Tomlin, Britt Nicole, Switchfoot, BarlowGirl and I like pop & RnB music too!

Still trying to find some other Christian music. If anyone has any recommendations could you please let me know?

Stacey xx

I like a lot of genres...rock, metal, jazz, fusion, prog rock/prog metal, etc - both secular and Christian. One of my favourite bands at the moment is switchfoot....:thumbsup.

Stacey: if you want some great Christian music, there's a band that are local and I know really well. They're a great bunch of young Christians who have some great music - Garage Hymnal. http://www.garagehymnal.com

I listen to Christian and some pop....

I am more into Christian though. My faves are:
FEE
Casting Crowns
Johnny Diaz
David Crowder Band
MercyMe
and there is more to come!

J. M. Shott said:
I like Classic Rock music, like: Led Zeppelin, the Who, Rush, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, etc.
Wooooooooooooooo! :thumbsup
:guitar :headphones

Nick_29 said:
[quote="J. M. Shott, Jr.":a6g0564d]I like Classic Rock music, like: Led Zeppelin, the Who, Rush, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, etc.
Wooooooooooooooo! :thumbsup
:guitar :headphones[/quote:a6g0564d]

Lol ya exactly!
:guitar :guitar :guitar

I really like hardcore/metal, and rap. Attack attack, The Devil Wears Prada, and Linkin Park are among my favorites. I also like chill music like Jack Johnson. Anything but country really :) And I am trying to listen to more christian music. Skillet seems really cool. And of course worship music :)

Umm... Classic rock is sick.. But lately I've been finding some good Christian bands like Sanctus real, skillet, thousand foot krutch, seventh day slumber, pillar, falling up, hawk Nelson, rush of fools, fireflight, kutless.... All great lol

Killer Christian band = Switchfoot. Take a look at them, just awesome. :)

I've heard a lot about skillet. I'll have to check them out and see what all the fuss is about. :lol

Switchfoot is really good :yes
Skillet is okay.. I used to like them a lot more than I do now, though.

Speaking of music:
Today at school we had a "60's dance", but the DJ wouldn't play anything but rap music from this year lol.

So I was bummed out.

JeffShott said:

Speaking of music:
Today at school we had a "60's dance", but the DJ wouldn't play anything but rap music from this year lol.

So I was bummed out.
I've heard that skillet have kinda gone downhill a bit, but I still have yet to hear them! :biggrin

60's dances can be awesome fun...shame on the DJ! :lol

Nick said:
JeffShott said:

Speaking of music:

So I was bummed out.
I've heard that skillet have kinda gone downhill a bit, but I still have yet to hear them! :biggrin

60's dances can be awesome fun...shame on the DJ! :lol

Totally :lol

I think the only classic rock he played the whole time was half of a Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower". :shame

I forgot Switchfoot! Haha i can't believe it. They're awesome as well. Only hope is a classic. And i agree, Skillet has gone downhill a bit... Nick you should check out comatose, whispers in the dark, and such. they're pretty hardcore rock, so just a warning lol.

Faithful4Christ said:
I forgot Switchfoot! Haha i can't believe it. They're awesome as well. Only hope is a classic. And i agree, Skillet has gone downhill a bit... Nick you should check out comatose, whispers in the dark, and such. they're pretty hardcore rock, so just a warning lol.
Thanks, I will check them out. Hard rock is fine, as I'm into metal, such as Underoath. :)

Nick said:
Faithful4Christ said:
Thanks, I will check them out. Hard rock is fine, as I'm into metal, such as Underoath. :)

Rebirthing and Savior are also good songs by Skillet.

Just checked out some skillet and it's aweosme! Thanks for those suggestions, and I think I'll buy some albums soon. :)

JeffShott said:
I don't listen to Christian music nearly as much as I used too.
I probably should start back.
I'm completely the other way around. I never really used to listen to Christian music at all (outside of church), but then I got introduced to many Christian bands that I really liked their music, and I feel that God has been working in my heart in this area; using music to bring me closer to Him.

I still listen to some secular music, but I'm listening to sooooooooo much more Christian music now.

Listen to heaps of Christian music and Christian radio bro, and don't look back - you won't regret it. I didn't. :)

Back