Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What kind of pet person are you

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Okay lol I worded that funny I think but I was thinking about this this week after a post on dinosaurs ...lizards.Thinking how Ive had several different kinds of pets but never a reptile.Ive had a bird(finch named romania),a white rat(hoggle),a runt cow(jareth)(he was so awesome he followed me around like a puppy),an arabian horse(romeo),a dog(toby) and cats(salem and draco).I am definately a crazy cat lady lol I love cats cant wait to have my own place again so i can have a few.I love birds but i love feeding them and seeing them out in the wild and just watching them.And I enjoyed having a horse but i enjoyed taking care of him more than I did riding him.I loved all my pets but I ended up realllllly loving cats ,so how about you do you have a favorite kind of pet?I worked with this one girl a couple years ago the only kind of pet she would ever have was a frog and she had a few different kinds .She showed me some pictures and it was pretty cool to see the different kinds there were.

I'm a dog person. Especially German Shepherds and breeds with similar temperaments/personalities. In my experience, they tend to form especially close bonds with their people.
I love cuddly cats, though my current cat is more like a mischievous little boy than a cuddler.

I've had birds and fish, but they aren't for me anymore.

my dog is a dachshund ,10 years ago when I got him i was torn between getting either a chihuahua or a dachshund but im very glad I got a dachshund Im definately a doxie lover he has absolutely been my little roadtrip buddy.It breaks my heart every time his back starts hurting which thankfully doesnt happen often but still.

my dog is a dachshund ,10 years ago when I got him i was torn between getting either a chihuahua or a dachshund but im very glad I got a dachshund Im definately a doxie lover he has absolutely been my little roadtrip buddy.It breaks my heart every time his back starts hurting which thankfully doesnt happen often but still.
I have always wanted the dachshund I think they are so cute but a couple of people told me they are stubborn and almost impossible to potty train so I did not get one.

I like dogs and cats...currently have 1 dog & 2 cats. When my offspring were at home, we had tropical fish (& so did one of the cats who liked to 'fish'!), hamsters, gerbils, mice ... and even had a tame garden snake the kids named 'Fuzzbucket'. The snake stayed outdoors, something that was rigidly enforced.

I seem to like best whatever animal I have for a pet at the time. I guess it's like a father to be that contemplates liking one gender of baby better than the other, but when the baby is first put in his arms it makes no more difference at all! I used to have a Samoyed dog who died of old age (21 years) several years ago who was more human than a lot of people I know. Now I have a cat who is also a wonderful companion and loves to talk to me when I come home. In fact, he's even learned to talk to the plentiful seagulls around here, and the sounds he makes sound just like the gulls! Since I live on a boat, cats work out better than dogs because of the litter box thing, and that they tend to be content even when they can't get out and run off a lot of energy. But I'm also considering a possum for sometime in the future. I'm told they do really well on boats too, and they supposedly get along with cats.

I seem to like best whatever animal I have for a pet at the time. I guess it's like a father to be that contemplates liking one gender of baby better than the other, but when the baby is first put in his arms it makes no more difference at all! I used to have a Samoyed dog who died of old age (21 years) several years ago who was more human than a lot of people I know. Now I have a cat who is also a wonderful companion and loves to talk to me when I come home. In fact, he's even learned to talk to the plentiful seagulls around here, and the sounds he makes sound just like the gulls! Since I live on a boat, cat's work out better than dogs because of the litter box thing, and that they tend to be content even when they can't get out and run off a lot of energy. But I'm also considering a possum for sometime in the future. I'm told they do really well on boats too, and they supposedly get along with cats.
You live on a boat.That reminds me of the movie "Sleepless in Seattle".
80d06bb93e035971351ffa88c427e803.jpg
This is the houseboat that they filmed it on.

I was really lucky with my dachshund he was six months old when i got him and already housebroken and never has had an accident in the house and he has the most incredible personality...almost every dachshund Ive seen has had such an awesome inquisitive personality.I dont believe Ill ever get another dachshund though because it has been such a struggle in his senior years to keep up financially with his back stuff etc but at the time when I got him as a gift I was still married and had the help.

I was really lucky with my dachshund he was six months old when i got him and already housebroken and never has had an accident in the house and he has the most incredible personality...almost every dachshund Ive seen has had such an awesome inquisitive personality.I dont believe Ill ever get another dachshund though because it has been such a struggle in his senior years to keep up financially with his back stuff etc but at the time when I got him as a gift I was still married and had the help.
That is a good idea that he was already housebroken.

Thats how I feel as well Obadiah ! Every pet Ive ever gotten was given to me or just showed up and attached itself to me and I fell in love ,just couldnt help it.Meant to be.

NO lie I used to want a houseboat to live in! When I graduated from high school my first goal was to save up for a houseboat and I had houseboats magazines everywhere lol.Oh and have a black and tan chihuahua.

NO lie I used to want a houseboat to live in! When I graduated from high school my first goal was to save up for a houseboat and I had houseboats magazines everywhere lol.Oh and have a black and tan chihuahua.
You should do it then. There are a lot of those around here, although not so much in the cities marinas anymore because they've raised the docking fees to dern high. But there are still a lot of them around just outside of the city marinas.

i do want to see about finding a place someday to just stay on a houseboat for a weekend on a lake or something just to have the experience.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back