Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What made you come here?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

7ruth

What made you guys come to this website? How did you find it? I just think its kind of interesting because usually teens have a lot of other things to worry about other then joining a christian forums website lol

I came here because I started reading the bible a bit, and every since that I have had a thirst for knowledge.

How about you guys?

Well, I have always enjoyed participating in forums.
One of my favorite forums to visit is one dedicated to breakdancers. When I 'got serious' as I shared in another thread, I started posting in a thread on that site dedicated to its Christian members. Now, it is and was a great thread, but it just isn't enough for me. So, I typed a few words into Google, signed up, and here I am.
And, like you, 7ruth, I also have an enormous thrist for knowledge.
Haha, and it is very true that most teens aren't exactly rushing to any Christian boards, but I sure am glad to be here.

I decided one day, "I should join a Christian forum", googled Christian forum and this one was second on the search results.

:)

A bad family situation brought me here. Like I said before when i got serious I wanted to know more and more about Him and His love. That brought me here and I'm so glad it did. Haha ya.. Not exactly the regular teen hobby but then again, we aren't regular. It is kind of sad though that there are only around 5 or 6 of us..

I came from posting on my Youth Groups message board, and then Vic figured I'd like it here. Vic and I attended the same church when I was in High School, befre I came to GA for College.

Servant, this is probably the strongest number of teens we've had in several years. One trick to seeing this group grow is seeing the group we have stick around.

Slyvena said:
I decided one day, "I should join a Christian forum", googled Christian forum and this one was second on the search results.

:)
Pretty much my story as well. I like forums. :biggrin

I just love good conversation in general and find it appealing to really get indepth with other people about what we believe, and life. It's very fasinating. I love it here!

Weeeell... I used to be really involved in a different christian forum, but I'm pretty sure it got closed down. So I googled and came here. I'm trying to become closer to God and having somewhere like this to come discuss everything helps me alot.
On a different note, lol, DarthVicky6...pretty sure I know you in person, hahaha.

hanngrenade said:
Weeeell... I used to be really involved in a different christian forum, but I'm pretty sure it got closed down. So I googled and came here. I'm trying to become closer to God and having somewhere like this to come discuss everything helps me alot.
On a different note, lol, DarthVicky6...pretty sure I know you in person, hahaha.
Awesome. Welcome, and I hope you have a great time here. :)

More recently, I have been having a better relationship with God. A few years ago I had really strayed away from Him. I had just started middle school and wasn’t adjusting well, so I got bullied quite a bit. This led to a depression. Then I started cutting myself. I began to become angry with God for letting the bullying happen, making me like I was, what I did, etc. At the time, I also began to get heavily into homosexual rights, thinking about experimenting with drugs and alcohol, and wondering about pre-marital sex. I even purposely tried to fail in school and tried to run away from home. I was always angry at my parents, sister, the world, etc. I was so caught up in hate, I began hating God as well. I still believed in Him, but I wrote hateful things about him in my journal, wrote how much I hated how He made me, and how I wanted to die.
What woke me up was when I realized how much I was hurting those around me. What I was doing had my parents fighting almost everyday. I had also said something so hurtful to my mother that she left the house for several hours. I felt really bad, and cleaned most of my act up. However, I was still supporting homosexual rights and began visiting more…pagan sites. I became involved with metaphysics, the occult, vampires, and therians/otherkin (people who believe that their spirit is part or fully animal/mythological being).
Oddly enough, this actually brought my closer to God. I became aware of how suppressed my faith was on those forums. There was a lot of “Christians this†and “Christians that†and “Christians are so intolerant.†I left after that and began getting closer to my faith. A man who aught the youth group at church for a time, who I don’t particularly though he did make a good point. He had said, “There are people who say, ‘I refuse to believe in a God who supports this’ or, ‘why should I believe in a God that stands for such and such.’ But these are people. Human beings like you and I. And they are telling God how He should be?†It made me realize that I had been doing this and this really brought me back in to where I had been. That was last year.
So this year, my goal is to try to get closer to God and away from the things I used to be involved with. I thought joining a Christian forum would help with that. So I typed it into Google’s search and looked through a few different sites. Some just didn’t appeal to me, while others were just skewed in matters of the Scripture, taking on a very liberal stance. I thought this one had a nice balance and good advice. I especially like the Christian Talk and Advice Forums. So that’s why I joined.

Looking back, my response seems to be more so a long winded testimony than a response to the original question. Heh. Sorry about that. ^^;;;

That's very interesting Cheyenne. I too heavily researched other religions (with a conversion-set mind) shortly before fully coming back to Christ.

Has this same pattern also occurred in other people?

JeffShott said:
That's very interesting Cheyenne. I too heavily researched other religions (with a conversion-set mind) shortly before fully coming back to Christ.

Has this same pattern also occurred in other people?

I do think that this very common, particularly in the more modern generations. We are growing up in a more secular and new age world, where things are accepted more easily. By fifth grade, with the media I had constantly seen from a young age, I had accepted a good many wrong things as right and dandy. As is the case with many media biases, anything can be put out of context. This occurred a lot with me and the bible until I began researching the scriptures being quoted to try and understand my faith better. There are a lot of misconceptions nowadays.
Though it gladdens me to see that I am not the only one who has fallen into it, but has then been able to rise above it. :)

Cheyenne K said:
I do think that this very common, particularly in the more modern generations. We are growing up in a more secular and new age world
Cheyenne K said:
As is the case with many media biases, anything can be put out of context. This occurred a lot with me and the bible until I began researching the scriptures being quoted to try and understand my faith better. There are a lot of misconceptions nowadays.

:amen :study

Cheyenne K said:
Though it gladdens me to see that I am not the only one who has fallen into it, but has then been able to rise above it. :)

Thanks -- Praise the LORD!

Cheyenne, you said that you looked into Paganism (I did also); but, I was just wondering: did you look into any other religions?

JeffShott said:
Cheyenne K said:

Cheyenne, you said that you looked into Paganism (I did also); but, I was just wondering: did you look into any other religions?

Yes. Though I went with the more eclectic approach to all of them, bringing it closer to certain aspects of Paganism. My main focus religions were Buddhism, Hinduism, various Native American beliefs, Animism, and a bit of Wicca. From Buddhism and Hinduism, I began to believe in reincarnation and the chakras. With Native American beliefs, I began to believe in spirit guides and the possibility having other (non-human or multiple) spirits in the body. Animism, I believed that everything had a distinct essence and soul. And with Wicca, I found the rituals and being a witch appealing.
I also believed that certain stones had certain abilities, which I believe can fall under multiple religions of the above. And for a short flip in time, I also believed myself to be a therian/otherkin and attempted astral projection.

I was mildly interested in Satanism (both theistic and atheistic) at one point, but that never became more than an interest. I also considered the possibility of Agnosticism, but found that it was a bit illogical and too indecisive. And after taking a quiz on belief net.com, I took an interest in the possible practice of several of the twenty-six religions stated. Basically, anything that was a rebellion against what I thought to be the “overly-strict†Christian doctrine. In the end, I fell into the more liberal sects of Christianity before coming back to Christ, which I am so thankful for.

Cheyenne K said:
JeffShott said:
[quote="Cheyenne K":3nn14qr3]Though it gladdens me to see that I am not the only one who has fallen into it, but has then been able to rise above it. :)

Yes. Though I went with the more eclectic approach to all of them, bringing it closer to certain aspects of Paganism. My main focus religions were Buddhism, Hinduism, various Native American beliefs, Animism, and a bit of Wicca. From Buddhism and Hinduism, I began to believe in reincarnation and the chakras. With Native American beliefs, I began to believe in spirit guides and the possibility having other (non-human or multiple) spirits in the body. Animism, I believed that everything had a distinct essence and soul. And with Wicca, I found the rituals and being a witch appealing.
I also believed that certain stones had certain abilities, which I believe can fall under multiple religions of the above. And for a short flip in time, I also believed myself to be a therian/otherkin and attempted astral projection.

I was mildly interested in Satanism (both theistic and atheistic) at one point, but that never became more than an interest. I also considered the possibility of Agnosticism, but found that it was a bit illogical and too indecisive. And after taking a quiz on belief net.com, I took an interest in the possible practice of several of the twenty-six religions stated. Basically, anything that was a rebellion against what I thought to be the “overly-strict†Christian doctrine. In the end, I fell into the more liberal sects of Christianity before coming back to Christ, which I am so thankful for.[/quote:3nn14qr3]

My journey went pretty much the other way around. I started out looking at Atheism and Agnosticism, delving further and further into Philosophy and Apologetics. That journey ended when I found out that I could never stop believing in a god or gods/goddesses, etc.

I then started researching all of the different denominations within Christendom, looking into their different theological beliefs, histories and practices. I became very interested in the Mormon faith and it's abundant illegitimacy and began debating it's validity with my LDS friends, and still do. But, that's a different story.

When I finally became open-minded enough, I began researching completely different religions such as: Islam, Hinduism, Wicca, etc., etc. As with you, I became heavily interested in the practice of magick, nature spirituality, and; I too, attempted Astral Projection. During all of this, I was also studying Biblical Apologetics. Long story short, I eventually proved the Bible to myself and came back to Christianity, without ever officially leaving it.

Now my belief system is purely based on The Holy Bible, and I continue to research different Christian denominations. I classify myself as non-Denominational. During my denominational research, I compare the different beliefs of different denominations to the Bible, and accept the most Biblically-supported views.

/testimony

JeffShott said:
Cheyenne K said:

I was mildly interested in Satanism (both theistic and atheistic) at one point, but that never became more than an interest. I also considered the possibility of Agnosticism, but found that it was a bit illogical and too indecisive. And after taking a quiz on belief net.com, I took an interest in the possible practice of several of the twenty-six religions stated. Basically, anything that was a rebellion against what I thought to be the “overly-strict†Christian doctrine. In the end, I fell into the more liberal sects of Christianity before coming back to Christ, which I am so thankful for.

My journey went pretty much the other way around. I started out looking at Atheism and Agnosticism, delving further and further into Philosophy and Apologetics. That journey ended when I found out that I could never stop believing in a god or gods/goddesses, etc.

I then started researching all of the different denominations within Christendom, looking into their different theological beliefs, histories and practices. I became very interested in the Mormon faith and it's abundant illegitimacy and began debating it's validity with my LDS friends, and still do. But, that's a different story.

When I finally became open-minded enough, I researched completely different religions such as: Islam, Hinduism, Wicca, etc., etc. As with you, I became heavily interested in the practice of magick, and nature spirituality. During all of this, I was also studying Biblical Apologetics. Long story short, I eventually proved the Bible to myself and came back to Christianity, without ever officially leaving it.

Now my belief system is purely based on The Holy Bible, and I continue to research different Christian denominations. I classify myself as non-Denominational. During my denominational research, I compare the different beliefs of different denominations to the Bible, and accept the most Biblically-supported views.

/testimony

Well, as far as beliefs went, I never did completely give up my belief in the Lord either. I hated Him for some time, and tried to replace Him and His doctrines with the aspects I had said, though it never fully took root. Mostly, I tried to ignore the belief, or disliked it quite a bit, but I still did believe to an extent. I considered myself a Christian, but with many Pagan values. Now I can see that the two could not coincide, but then I thought they could, justifying it with, “Well, it’s not in the Bible…†But it’s hard to just drop something cold turkey like that after you had been believing in it for most of your life before that.

Now I’m simply an Evangelical Protestant. I never really went farther than that to accept a specific denomination. Didn’t feel I had to. After all, religion is different from spirituality. Religion is man-made, while the Holy Spirit is not. Basically, I listen as much as possible to the Bible and try as hard as I can to follow its doctrines. I’m not a saint; I do still sin, but that is human nature. I do try to repent as much as I can though.

Cheyenne K said:
Well, as far as beliefs went, I never did completely give up my belief in the Lord either. I hated Him for some time, and tried to replace Him and His doctrines with the aspects I had said, though it never fully took root. Mostly, I tried to ignore the belief, or disliked it quite a bit, but I still did believe to an extent. I considered myself a Christian, but with many Pagan values. Now I can see that the two could not coincide, but then I thought they could, justifying it with, “Well, it’s not in the Bible…†But it’s hard to just drop something cold turkey like that after you had been believing in it for most of your life before that.

Now I’m simply an Evangelical Protestant. I never really went farther than that to accept a specific denomination. Didn’t feel I had to. After all, religion is different from spirituality. Religion is man-made, while the Holy Spirit is not. Basically, I listen as much as possible to the Bible and try as hard as I can to follow its doctrines. I’m not a saint; I do still sin, but that is human nature. I do try to repent as much as I can though.

I never stopped believing in God either.
Ya, I know exactly what you mean. I would try to add non-Christian beliefs to my Christian faith.

:amen to that whole last paragraph of yours, sister.

The reason I embarked on this journey, was different than yours, I believe.
You hated God and were rebelling against Him; I felt separated from Him, and was trying to find a more spiritual way to serve Him. Whether or not it was Christianity.

JeffShott said:
Cheyenne K said:

I never stopped believing in God either.
Ya, I know exactly what you mean. I would try to add non-Christian beliefs to my Christian faith.

:amen to that whole last paragraph of yours, sister.

The reason I embarked on this journey, was different than yours, I believe.
You hated God and were rebelling against Him; I felt separated from Him, and was trying to find a more spiritual way to serve Him. Whether or not it was Christianity.

Yeah. However, it goes for anyone who has been lost or has wandered off from Him, that it is better to be back with Him now. While it is different while being lost, you later realize what a difference the Lord really does make in your life. Unfortunately, it seems to happen often that people choose wander off His path for us or disregard Him altogether. Hopefully, it will change for them at some point as well. :pray

Back