Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Makes Jesus The Son Of God ? For Jews And Muslims .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

bhakthi

Before Lord Jesus was born, Angel Gabriel appeared to Mary to speak about His birth and told her like this, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the holy child to be born will be called the Son of God.†Mathew;1:35
When Jesus came to be baptized by John the Baptist in Jordan, heaven opened and the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove came down and stayed on Jesus and a voice was heard from heaven, â€ÂThis is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleasedâ€ÂMark;1:10,11
Lord Jesus did not pop up like any other religious or political leader.The world was waiting for him.When his star appeard in the sky wise men came from the east looking for the newborn king of Israel.They knew this was extra ordinary child.Many kings and prophets spoke about his coming and they wanted to see him.John the baptist sent his disciples and asked Jesus, 'Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another ?'" Luke;7:20 Martha confessed to Jesus saying, "Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world." John;11:27.When Philip met Lord Jesus he brought Nathanael to him saying,†We have found him,of whom Moses in the law,and the prophets, wrote."John;1:45 Abraham rejoiced that he would see his day and he saw it and was glad.Moses wrote about him.David called him Lord. Isaiah saw his glory.John the baptist saw him and testified that He was the Son of God.
When Jesus was on the Mount with Peter James and John Elijah and Moses appeared to them and the same voice head at the time of baptism was heard from the cloud one more time saying,†This is My beloved Son; listen to Him!â€Â.Mark ; 9:4-7
Jesus himself spoke these words, â€ÂGod did not send his Son into the world to condemned the world but that the world through him might be saved.â€ÂJohn;3:17
While Lord Jesus was ministering in Jerusalem once he spoke like this,†For whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in the same way.â€ÂJohn;5:19
No other man can make a claim like this.Lord Jesus said that he can do all things the Father[God] does No prophet, not even Moses or Elijah could ever say something like this.
This makes Jesus equal with God.
Another statement Jesus made shows that He is omnipresent like God.Lord Jesus said, “Where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them." Mathew;18:20
Only God can be present many different places at the same time.If Jesus was only a man he could not have made this statement.
Claiming to be the Son of God was the only reason the Jews found to hand Jesus over to Pilate. After Jesus was arrested The High Priest before the council asked him,
“Are You then the Son of God?" So He said to them, "You rightly say that I am." Luke;22:70
When the Jews brought Jesus before the governor they accused him saying, "We have a law, and according to that law He must die, because He made Himself the Son of God." John;19:7
And Jesus did not deny the charge.
Witnessing the earthquake and the darkness and all that happened at the time of the crucifixion, the Roman centurion said,â€ÂThis was truly the Son of God.†Luke;23:47
The Koran says Jesus is the Ruh or the Spirit of God.That makes him one with God. A man’s spirit is not something apart from him.The spirit of a man is that man himself.Just like that God’s Spirit is one with Him.
Jesus was different from all other human beings for this reason because He came from God.It cannot be said about Adam that he was the the spirit of God.Adam was made out of dust.All other humans have descended from him and possess the Adamic nature.None of them can claim that he is the Spirit of God.Only Jesus was different.
The first chapter of the gospel of John says,†In the beginning was the Word; and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created.â€ÂJohn;1:1-3
Before going to heaven Lord Jesus told his disciples,â€ÂI am with you always even to the end of the age.â€ÂMathew ;28 .No man, how great or mighty, could ever say this before he leaves the world that he will be with his family or nation or property forever.Lord Jesus can be in heaven and on earth at the same time. Jesus Christ is Immanuel which means- God Is with us. THE SON OF GOD THEORY [MORE]
“You are my Son.Today I have begotten You.â€ÂPsalm; 2 :7. This scripture, God speaks here, is about a Son,whom He has begotten.Threre are many who think,it is about King David,that God is speaking here,because David wrote this Psalm.It was Jesse,who begot David,not God.There is no reason to believe it is about David because,it doesn't make any difference in his life.David had a natural birth and he lived and died like any other Patriarch or Prophet.But like in many other Psalms[ 2,8,16,22,40,68,110 etc] David here, is prophetically speaking about,the Messiah.who is to be begotten of God.It is Jesus Christ who was conceived by the Holy Spirit of God, in the womb of a virgin, and later raised as God's first-born from the dead.
Again the scripture says; “Unto us a child is born ,unto us a Son is given,……His name shall be called..Wonderful ‘Counselor’,’ Mighty God.â€ÂIsaiah;9:6.This child is the same as spoken by Isaiah â€ÂBehold, the the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son ,and shall call His name ‘Immanuel’. â€ÂIsaiah;7:14.Who is this child or son the scriptures talk about?How can a child born in the land of Israel be called ‘Mighty God and Immanuel’? Another scripture tells, â€ÂBut you Bethlehem , Ephratha,though you are little among the thousands of Judah ,yet out of you shall come forth,The One to be ruler in Israel. Whose goings forth have been from everlasting.†â€ÂMicah;5:2 Everyone agrees this is a Messianic scripture.We read in the gospel of John, â€ÂIn the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.And all things were made through Him.â€ÂAnd this is what Micah says “His goings forth are from everlasting.â€ÂThe word became flesh and dwelt among usâ€ÂJohn;1:14.
All these prophetic words were fulfilled in Jesus Christ . He was born to a
virgin by the name of Mary, when she got conceived by the Holy Spirit. When He grew up,He became a powerful Prophet in Israel,and did miracles and signs no one else has ever done.And He spoke the words no one could ever speak.What is written in Isaiah 61 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me because He has anointed Me………was fulfilled through Him.
Another scripture says,â€ÂFor You will not leave my soul in Sheol,nor will you allow your Holy One to see corruption†Psalm;16:10.It is clear that David who wrote this Psalm died and was buried,therefore saw corruption.But Jesus about whom this was written didn't see corruption,because when Jesus died, God raised Him from the dead, and seated Him at His right hand .This is what David speaks about in Psalm;110:1†The Lord said to my Lord Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your foot stoolâ€Â. David foresaw this event in the Holy Spirit and he calls Him Lord, even though He is his son, according to the flesh. Who else is worthy to be seated at the right hand of God other than this Person whom God gave all authority in heaven and earth and who came according to the scriptures?
Please visit http://www.gilead.ws

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back