Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what makes one true, and the other not?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
P

peace4all

I spent the last night thinking, and well, I know this isn't much of an argument, But.. I can't get it out of my head or anything...

Christianity, as I have seen it, gets all of its proof pretty much from the bible. A book of the words of God (written through men of course)

Now, I am not here this time to try to disprove the bible as literature or anything, I am here this time, to ask, "Why is the bible, the only one thats right"

It has been my understanding that, the reason the bible is "correct" is because things it says, inside, prove it to be true. If you have a belief in the book, then it works right? Swallow one thing, you can swalllow the rest. It says, well, magically, God created this, and that. Now, we can't figure out any other way that the universe was created, so, we get stuck believing it possibly right? and, if it is right in one aspect, then it is probably right in others.

Now, how come other books, and other writings, that are supposedly stories about God or God's not the same. They say things, in their pages, that can only be proven through a complete belief in their pages. Whats the diffrence?

Basically, they are the same thing as the Bible, with diffrent characters, diffrent stories, multiple God's or just diffrent God's.. What makes them wrong? the bible? How come they don't make the Bible wrong?

I got all of this to start with because my roomate and I were discussing the persecution of native americans.. After a while, i was thinking to myself "isnt it odd, how, they believed in totally diffrent god's and nothing bad really happened to them, until we came and killed and stole from them? I mean, to them, what they believed in was 100% true, and there was always an explanation. it wasn't "this is true, because I can prove it" it was "this is true, because I can feel it through my spirit, through God(s)" and I get that from alot of Christians. They say things like "I just know the bible is true and Jesus is the true savior, because, My soul can feel it etc.."

So.. I mean.. I am lost... as you can see this began going one way, and sorta.. AHHH!
just wanted to get that out there. I will add more and refine after my next class.

that answered nothing..

other cultures have thought they have their spirit, or their book says they need something else instead of a spirit.

Using a book, that is the only proof for itself, to disprove the exact same thing, doesn;t work..

Until natural man is born of the Spirit of God he is dead spiritually, therefore the natural man does not accept the things of God because they are spiritually discerned, and man is dead spiritually until born again.

All else is imagination and deception.

peace4all said:
... I got all of this to start with because my roomate and I were discussing the persecution of native americans.. After a while, i was thinking to myself "isnt it odd, how, they believed in totally diffrent god's and nothing bad really happened to them, until we came and killed and stole from them? I mean, to them, what they believed in was 100% true, and there was always an explanation. ...

and nothing bad really happened to them, until we came and killed and stole from them
This is not true. The american indians were savage to each other. They scalped each other way before the spanish and then the brits and people from other countries started coming over to North America. The "american indians" the natives of this land, had wars with each other and had "criminals" amongst their people well before any other people came to the North America.

"isnt it odd, how, they believed in totally diffrent god's
I mean, to them, what they believed in was 100% true, and there was always an explanation.

Think about this, All peoples from all cultures carry within them an innate truth, all people are given a sense of right and wrong. It is when these rights and wrongs get "perverted" is when the "absolute truth" is mistaken.

Satan was the crafty one who perverts truth to seem as if it is the "absolute" truth. When in the end truth proves itself.

If a culture is living in the "absolute" truth of the One and ONLY GOD, who created ALL, even if the culture has adopted truth "in part" there is no argument as to "whom" they are living in honor of. If they give the "God" of "absolute truth" another name there is still no denying the the "absolute truth" they give honor to is still that which is of the "God" that we know as JHVH GD.

The attributes of God are recognized in some way or another by all people. It is in recognizing that they are taking specific attributes of "The ONE AND ONLY GOD" where they get messed up and go and create all kinds of gods to worship, they go and honor trees as being the "spirit" from which to respect, they go and honor the "rock" as being the "spirit" from which to respect. Etc. They give all these "material" things honor and respect as if they were "spirits". When the only one they need worship and honor and respect is The Creator of ALL. The ONE AND ONLY GOD. Who IS the Creator of ALL.

And that ONE AND ONLY GOD. is the God that is only described in the Bible.

There IS NO OTHER GOD THAN THE ONE AND ONLY GOD WHO CREATED ALL.

Many other cultures have many gods. This is total disregard for "The ONE AND ONLY GOD".

And when we see God out of perspective, we are thrown off by our own man made sense of thinking.

When we see GOD as from HIS eyes. (only the bible teaches how to focus on the ONE and ONLY) We are taught to decipher that which is of truth and that which is "perverts" truth. Satan, is that name of the one who is "crafty" at perverting "absolute truth". So cunning and so slight that it can be.... even as to the point of driving people to worship a rat and give respect to a rat more than they would to other human beings. So cunning and so slight is that crafty deception that it can be.... even to the point of driving people to give honor and respect to creating "Idols" in honor of their "false" gods. and giving honor over to their rituals and the act of them, more than they would to the poor and the hungry right in front of them.

Not all so called "Christians" are living 100% in line with the teachings of the bible. These are people who are just like you and I, they are people who are "human" and are liken to be in error also.

We are all learning and the more "absolute truth" that is "discovered/revealed" to man/mankind through mans means of discovery, i.e., science, philosophies, whatever you want to call mans means of discovery, we are all still learning that "absolute truth" belongs to ONLY ONE GOD and that "The ONE and ONLY GOD Creator of ALL. is to be given credit for everything. Not to be ignored or broken up into pieces as so many cultures and religions try to do. The bible shows that the "absolute truth" that resides only in the ONE AND ONLY GOD, that it does not divide God or pervert HIS TRUTH. God IS the ONE and ONLY "ONE" being. God is Spirit. The spirit that creates ALL but the many attributes of GD the Father of all creation are many. But they are not to be perverted or given honor to inaccurately. ALL TRUTH, demands respect. There is no way one can disrespect "ABSOLUTE TRUTH" and not see the manifestation that is in line with that "disrespect" of it.
AND... in the end of all this discovery, this revealed wisdom, this revealed knowledge..... It all boils down to the ONE AND ONLY GOD being the ONE who reveals it to us. 8-) Absolute Truth cannot be denied and the one and only source of it thereof. JHVH GD is the source of ALL. The Judeo Christians beliefs do not cut God up into little pieces or put God into a box that limits His Being. When that is done, then Absolute Truth comes to the fore and Proves itself there is no perverting of it. That "Absolute Truth" belongs to the ONE AND ONLY GOD, Creator of ALL.
All things are of God and we are to give tribute and Honor to only that ONE AND ONLY GOD. CREATOR OF ALL. Our Father God, the One and ONLY GOD that provides the "seed(s) of all things to come to manifestation. :)
Now shall you have a lesson on the triune being of God that is the ONE and ONLY ONE? 8-)

Hope this helps.

yes, but look, here is my point. you are saying that its ok, because they still believe in THE ONE TRUE GOD.. but to them, your ok, becuase you still believe in THE ONE TRUE GOD.. however, the 2 gods are diffrent.

what makes your god the ONE TRUE GOD over the other god or gods? the bible? well, then wouldn't their writings etc be the equivalant and make theirs just as probable?

that is what I am sort of getting at here.

and yes, they still had wars, and still had criminals, However they were much better off before we came... (atleast in my opinion because they were not unfairly robbed, deceived, and killed with disease)

It is obvious you didn't take much time to let what I wrote to you to sink in. The content of your reply and your snap/quick response time proves that to me. Just reread what I wrote about "people taking part truths and perverting the truth of God and giving honor and respect to the wrong focus, calling things spirit and not giving Honor to the ONE AND ONLY GOD CREATOR OF ALL who is the source of all things. They break God up into small pieces. thereby dishonoring His full majesty, and might and power. His sovereignty is totaly disrespected by people who tear God up into little pieces. Really if they're giving honor to false gods is so right then why is it they are not right? Do they claim their errors to be because they worshiped wrongly? Again, they take the creator GOD OF ALL and break Him up into little pieces and only see 'IN PART'.

You're opinion that the natives of america were better off before we came is just your opinion.

What is it that you don't understand about someone taking an attribute of the One and ONLY GOD of Truth, taking 'in part', and twisting it to a perversion of the ONE AND ONLY GOD CREATOR OF ALL. They are disrespecting the "absolute Truth" The fullness of Truth that is in the ONE AND ONLY GOD. They break truth up into tiny pieces and forget the fullness. Their focus is selective. They leave out the fullness and richness of the Whole Truth as revealed to us in the Judeo Christian teachings.

Where did you get that I said it was OK? :o
I never said it was OK for anyone to live in such a perverted honor of The ONE AND ONLY GOD CREATOR OF ALL.

peace4all said:
and yes, they still had wars, and still had criminals, However they were much better off before we came... (atleast in my opinion because they were not unfairly robbed, deceived, and killed with disease)

This is not true.

The forensics studies of Archeologists have proven disease took the lives of people of all cultures.

And robbers were and still are also in every culture.

Satan came and robbed man of his innocence, his focus on GD.
First robber known to man. Then Cain followed suite. The fall of man shows how Satan comes to rob steal kill and destroy all that is meant for the Good Will of GD Creator of all.

Have you not paid attention in science class when the lessons of cause and effect, the laws of opposites was shown to you> these laws are OF GD. They prove true in the material being they are manifested from out of spirit. When we as ignorant human beings try to pervert any of the LAWS of GD. we will have given our ear and hand, our walk over to the one who perverts the Absolute Truth. And the name of that which is opposed to all the Good Will of GD is named Satan.

What is it about these things you don't understand. Put it all together and stop with the myopic vision.

Relic said:
D46 said:
Relic-You may as well try nailing jello to a tree! :biggrin

Don't know exactly what you are talking about.

Be more specific please.

the fact that, no matter how hard you try, teaching me wont work... I prefer saying things like "wow, your just liek rootbeer" or whatever.

Relic.. I read what you said, And I understand it. HOWEVER....

why is your God the TRUE GOD... their religion Before EVER being introduced to christianity at all! was set in its ways, and said that someone else was God, or whatever, and that theirs was the true religion, and that Their God was the one and TRUE GOD.

Your religion, says the same thing, But with Jesus, instead of the Sun, or whatever else natives may or may not have worshipped. Christians had NO knowledge of native american traditions and religion until a good deal after columbus was here.
I am trying to come up with a really easy analogy for you to understand this here.

Culture A, has a book that says all these things about God, and that their God, is the TRUE GOD.

culture B, has a diffrent book, that says a ton about God, and that their God, is the TRUE GOD.

cutlure A and B have never met. EVER there has been no contact WHATSOEVER since the invention of either religion..

one day, Culture A and Culture B meet. Culture A, Says their religion is right, and culture B's is wrong, because Culture A's book says so. Culture B's book says the same, but opposite.

WHo is right? Is culture A, or is cultre B? and why?>!

that answered nothing..

Of course not, that was the whole point of 1 Corinthians 2:14. You're on the outside trying to look in. Its a one way window and you're on the wrong side of it.

P4A, As you can see, the main answer you are going to get is that until you are "born again" you won't understand. I think that is a cop out. God's Spirit will lead people into an understanding of the truth of all things.

I can tell you that for ME, I just feel the Lord in my heart.

I wont say for one moment that the Bible is inerrant. It's not. God's words are inerrant but the text we have today in all it's differing translations has been messed with.

What we need to see from it though is the message that God is giving us. It is not profitable to debate such things as the age of the earth and such as they don't matter one bit in the final measure of things. What matters is that Jesus came and loved us and did so so intensely that He willingly went to the garden and then the cross for us.

I cannot prove that to you anymore then anyone can prove anything that is taken in faith. All I know is that God has made me a better man, father, neighbor, son, and citizen.

Many people can claim that of their god also but I can only tell you that in the deepest recesses of my being I know that Jesus is the Redeemer and that my Father in heaven loves me.

That is enough for me.

I hope that even begins to address your op. Don't know if it does. I just didn't think that flinging scripture at you is going to help.

Lyric's Dad said:
P4A, As you can see, the main answer you are going to get is that until you are "born again" you won't understand. I think that is a cop out. God's Spirit will lead people into an understanding of the truth of all things.

I can tell you that for ME, I just feel the Lord in my heart.

I wont say for one moment that the Bible is inerrant. It's not. God's words are inerrant but the text we have today in all it's differing translations has been messed with.

What we need to see from it though is the message that God is giving us. It is not profitable to debate such things as the age of the earth and such as they don't matter one bit in the final measure of things. What matters is that Jesus came and loved us and did so so intensely that He willingly went to the garden and then the cross for us.

I cannot prove that to you anymore then anyone can prove anything that is taken in faith. All I know is that God has made me a better man, father, neighbor, son, and citizen.

Many people can claim that of their god also but I can only tell you that in the deepest recesses of my being I know that Jesus is the Redeemer and that my Father in heaven loves me.

That is enough for me.

I hope that even begins to address your op. Don't know if it does. I just didn't think that flinging scripture at you is going to help.

Oh, very well said.

I spent the last night thinking, and well, I know this isn't much of an argument, But.. I can't get it out of my head or anything...

I bet you need some experience, that you can use to prove you yourself who the true God is.

peace4all,

I just wanted to say that the europeians who so called settled this land did not make it easy for missionaries to teach the native Peoples about God , europeans where as savage as any native in this land. Also the mission schools themselves treated the small children who were forced to go there badly. They were treated like animals and then taught that they should love and follow the teachings of Jesus. Loving your enimeis was hard when they were treated with contempt.

As far as scalping goes the Europeians did alot worse. The European armies who fought so ruthlessly the Crusades, the Hundred Years’ War, and the Wars of Religion never scalped their victims true. Then again when they were combating a European form of “savagery†in Ireland, Queen Elizabeth’s forcees just cut off heads that were placed on poles. These grim and horrofieing images of severed heads lining the path to a commander’s tent were more terrible than impersonal shocks of hair and skin.

I think that is a cop out.

I just didn't think that flinging scripture at you is going to help.

I didn't fling anything. I just stated that 1 Corinthians 2:14 answers his question. Maybe its not an answer he likes or you like for that matter but it is the truth nonetheless. Seems that when people show such a hostile reaction to scripture, they are concerned more about their own ideals than they are Gods.

My relationship with God and understanding of spiritual things isn't based on feeling. Relationships based on feelings and emotions are more often than not, short lived.

wow.. lyric, your reply made alot of sense.

I mean, the questions I sort of possed, can't really be answered, cuz they are not really questions, however, you did 1 heck of a job providing me with details and experiences and a way of better understanding. Your awesome :-P. lol.

Doppleganger.. you said if anyone else had made claims like that, they would be a nutcase. Wasn't Jesus killed because they thought he was a Liar, a False Prophet etc?

what aboutother people that claimed to, not be the son of god per say, but claimed to be A God, or claimed to be sent by god (most early kings)
I mean, just read this site here http://www.flood-myth.com/otscholr.htm for information regarding the flood, andhow, instead of Noah, it could have been one of these other 5 characters, at the same time, written at about the same time (if not pre-genesis) that people eventually changed into Noah, to fit the bible..

same time Jesus existed there was the prince (king) of Tiana (sp)
there was a king named apalonius, who rose the dead,healed the sick,was crucified by the romans for his belifes, and rose from the grave..............but this wasnt jesus, it was apalonius,not jesus, but the stories sound so familiar.

what about

David Alroy

Abu Isa'
Abu'lafia

and many many others.

I mean, c'mon?

umm. you failed to miss the big point here.

Christianity has always been a religion that pokes and steals from others. HTis is just showing that most likely, the moses sotry, was apalonius, and that other stories were other people, but they were changed and added to christianity....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back