Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Republicans want in health care

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Your state, jasoncran , would be one of the decision-makers, should the Electoral College be disassembled. What am I typing??? Your state is already one of the decision-makers in national elections!
I know and of it would be carried only by ten counties. if that is done I might as well stay home. all these counties are democrat strongholds. ironically rush Limbaugh broadcasts from palm beach county.

it's similar in Illinois... where a handful of counties (mainly in the Chicago region) are Dem strongholds ... those are the counties who are always the last to report final figures after an election. Even during the years when the Chicago area was the only one in the state that had computerized voting machines, they reported after the old data processing/butterfly ballot counties reported.

honeslty I think the voting is rigged. even as we type these machines we use are sending codes that are some form of numeric code. it is a type of code that turns on or off bits in sequence that is in a set pattern that sets off commands and actions. counting is involved as its still binary in nature and also counting is what is basic to computers(compute: to add, to sum , to calculate) . so I just don't get it. I understand human err but really? three elections since 2001 and some counties in florida still have issues(mine included)

It really does remind me of the Robin Williams' movie "Man of the Year" ...... and there's no way to truly verify results

Jason wrote
well lewis. I may have my job for another three years , but I don't know. I do know that obamacare will kill any easily found part time job that used to be easily found here.as most will be part timers.
Yeah you might be right dude

Very few, if any, health care systems in the world are either completely socialized or completely capitalistic. Most are a combination of the two, where the state pays for some people or some part of the system, and some people have to pay for another part. The part you're talking about, where people are denied care based on whether it is financially sound to treat them (and I don't deny that happens in some countries), is the part that isn't socialized. It's based on money, which is Capitalism.

Sorry, but you are completely wrong again. Canada has socialized medicine. They deny people treatments they deem too costly or if the person is not worth spending the money on. That has nothing to do with capitalism, which is an economic system where companies and assets are privately owned and goods and services are produced for profit. Health Canada is a not for profit, single payer, government run health care system that in no way resembles capitalism. It is the exact opposite.

Can I suggest that if people want to talk about something other than "What Republicans want in health care", i.e. the electoral college, republics vs pure democracy, etc that you start new topics?

Please bear with us Timm we mods are learning this new system which includes UNlearning the old...

Lets stay on topic please Moderator

The Prtesident should be elected by state legislatures should, not a natin wide popular vote,...
Why, please expound. What would be the harm in each individual state holding a popular vote for the president then the states are tallied by their outcome. This would make it easier for third parties to enter the race, thus giving the American people more of a choice than the "lesser of two evils" every four years as we have now.

Sorry, but you are completely wrong again. Canada has socialized medicine. They deny people treatments they deem too costly or if the person is not worth spending the money on. That has nothing to do with capitalism, which is an economic system where companies and assets are privately owned and goods and services are produced for profit. Health Canada is a not for profit, single payer, government run health care system that in no way resembles capitalism. It is the exact opposite.

I guess that what Republicans want, and what Canadians want, are kind of different.

Up here, although people complain about a lack of resources, most Canadians are basically happy with the system in place; and have comments about its management rather than about the principle of the system.

I realize that Republicans in the US have a very deep ideological commitment to market economics. Well, fine.

I understand that. that is why I don't blast you for liking it. I know Canadians that don't like that system here. I have learned what another nation does may not work for America and vice versa. ie in japan the police are able to arrest you and charge you and not tell you what the charge is until you are convicted. often the person charged doesn't fight as he knows he did it. its a cultural thing but I really don't like that. I like my 4th amendment rights.

I guess that what Republicans want, and what Canadians want, are kind of different.

Up here, although people complain about a lack of resources, most Canadians are basically happy with the system in place; and have comments about its management rather than about the principle of the system.

I realize that Republicans in the US have a very deep ideological commitment to market economics. Well, fine.

The only Canadians who are "basically happy" with the system are the ones who don't really need it. It is easy for 90% of the people to be a happy with a system to fix their sniffles, but when they actually need major care they begin to find out is inadequate. Even if you are approved for a hip replacement it takes months to get. It is a bit better for cancer patients, but not much and not better for bypass patients or transplant patients. Most Canadians don't have to deal with those issues so sure they are happy.... now.

The benchmark for a hip replacement is 182 days and Health Canada thinks that is great and that their goal is to get to 90% inside that benchmark and even then few provinces do.

Wait Time in Canada

When my great aunt got her hip replacement in the U.S., it was 7 days from the time my uncle called the hospital in MN to the day of the surgery. The free market works, even for health care, because the MN hospital knew if they were not prompt, they would lose the business.

Should you decide to apply for health coverage through Maryland Health Connection, the information you supply in your application will be used to determine whether you are eligible for health and dental coverage offered through Maryland Health Connection and for insurance affordability programs. It also may be used to assist you in making a payment for the insurance plan you select, and for related automated reminders or other activities permitted by law. We will preserve the privacy of personal records and protect confidential or privileged information in full accordance with federal and State law. We will not sell your information to others. Any information that you provide to us in your application will be used only to carry out the functions of Maryland Health Connection. The only exception to this policy is that we may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.

Cops wont need a search warrant your permission has been given...

reba that is merely the privacy act of 1973. not a big deal. I have filled out so many forms and signed that article a lot. it ranges from schooling(da form 1059 ) has that one it. too the real need for the Hippa law to be inplace. nothing to really be that worried about, but then again consider the current potus too. :sad

Jason were the 1930s Jew rounded up all at once and shipped off ? Or was the control applied a little here, then there, then here again...

Reba, the was Germany and that was done with the marking of the jews by the star of david with the word JUDE in it. this thing has been going for me since gwb was potus. and even before.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back