Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What should be done with Homosexuals?

If we believe as the bible says that Homosexual behavior is an abomination What should we do about i

• Make a law that bans ALL homosexual acts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let them live their life how they see fit because what they do don’t affect my life God will

• What do you mean there is not Homosexuals that live anywhere close to me.

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
God does not see me and a practicing homosexual the same!!.

I am sorry to hear you say that is how you feel. You are thinking you are better then them that is a sad outlook.

If God loves the sinner but hates the sin. Tell me how do you separate the two??

YOU DON’T that is not YOUR job.

Sorry to see you trying to put all Christians in the narrow box. But you are wrong.

You really should learn the difference of Love/Hate and what promoting means.
That’s my opinion. Just as all you stated is yours.

Sorry so short time for work…….

P.S. Trust me guys don't run off as a Christian i want to welcome you with open arms and the views of some don't represent all.

Okay, I've calmed down. And I can't just leave walk away without concern. I just had to calm down.

So now, I ask you this.... Since when does God accept the sins of the Devil?

God does not accept sin, and anyone that insists on following the devil is an unrepentant sinner.

God does not embrace the unrepentant sinner.

Only the repentant will find redemption through accepting and following Christ Jesus, to live in a life committed to living a holy sin free life.
Once we have accepted Jesus Christ as savior, that doesn't mean we are to seek out a life of living in sin and acting as if we can go around living in sin as we so desire, at any time. It means we are to seek out a life of living without sin in it! We are to seek to live in the Holy Spirit a life without sin. What the heck do you people think? We can go live like a bunch of he-don-istic idiots and not have to face the consequences of our actions? If you play with fire you get burnt. You can repent of playing with fire, but believe me, you will still have that burn mark on your skin and will have to go through healing process! there is not getting away from that. We can't escape the laws of gravity. What makes you think we can escape the laws of morals when it comes to respect to emotions, or the laws of chemistry when it comes to our health, or spreading diseases? We still pay the consequences of the act. And if you do a bad deed, you get the consequence of it. If you live a life without sin, then you have not evil consequence to go through. Keep it clean. Get it? You can't live a filthy life and think you are saved by the grace of God if you are deliberately rebellious to his Ways. What makes people think they can defy God like that? You think if you are a sinner and never turn away from your sins that God will be so forgiving? NO you will have hell to pay for your own actions because you will have created your own hell by your own actions.

I never said I hated anybody here. It's that sin I don't approve of. And I pray for people like the like of those here that are so blind to what is right and wrong in life. Didn't your mothers teach you any better? :o

Even if I sin. I disapprove of that! I am sorely sorry for the sins I did and I seek after repentance. I actually work at being a new creature in Christ. I actually seek to change. The spirit is what is to be born again, renew the mind. And you won't be leaving room for temptation to dominate your soul. If you don't work at being a Christian you are only giving your self to every which way that comes into your thoughts without regard or respect to the Spirit of Christ which is what should be living in you! Not the spirit of evil. The unrepentant sinner finds no redemption. They live in the hell they created for themselves if they don't seek forgiveness of their sins and repentance of them.

Those that don't seek to turn away from their sins are not following Jesus, they are following the devil if they refuse to turn away from sin that they are shown.If they refuse conviction of their sins they are in denial and calling sin not sin. If they deny it as being a sin. Then they call sin as though it weren't. And that is not seeking after God then, is it? They are children of the devil and only seek to please themselves by loving their sin.

Why do so many people that haven't any understanding of what it is to pick up your own cross, think Christianity is a free ticket to heaven even if they chose to not live the life of a Christian? they think it is without effort? Yes we are saved, but the one who is in defiance is not! They are deliberately following the devil then! They are in rebellion and seek not after God. Without repentance you are a follower of the devil because you don't admit to your sins and refuse to turn away from them. Even Paul, who had that thorn in his flesh, sought to be free from it. He didn't want to sin. He sought to be free from it! There is the difference between the unrepentant sinner and the one who deliberately denies their sins. Pick up your cross and walk the walk! There is no free ticket to heaven if you are a rebellious sinner without seeking a salvation. Matthew 16:24

The devil will never get into heaven. So don't live by his rules!

If you don't pray for the Lord to help you then what do you expect?

I pray with true and earnest sincerity! God help me to know the difference and to turn away from the sins of this world. I seek after YOU OH LORD! Save me from my sins! Help me to be free of them. I want your Good and HOly Will Lord. Not anything else but your will to be in my life!

And if I find myself repeating a sin over and over again. Then, I need to find out why I am not living in the Holy Spirit. And ask myself. Why am I doing it. What do I need to change and be renewed in my mind so as to not commit to that sin. I ask God to help me OVERCOME the sins of this world. Not to live IN them! Big difference.

And don't give me that pharisee hypocrite, pointing the finger thing. You will probably use it out of context anyway! And it will not be relevant to what I wrote here! I don't deny the sins I need to overcome! That's the difference between those pharisee.s and a person that truly seeks to live for Christ. I don't deny that I too am a sinner that needs to repent and be saved. I seek after repentance. There should not be denial of the conviction of one's own sins.

Sorry, no free ticket to the unrepentant one who only seeks after the things of the devil. That's not how it works folks.

That's why some people hate Christians. because they seek after the truth of God and do their best to live by that truth. The sinner denies it and seeks to live after their sin. Big difference.

Follow after the Holy Spirit seek to be freed from your sins.

Don't follow after the evil spirit. you will be bound by your sins if you do that.

Seek to follow Jesus and be free from your sins.
Jesus teaches how to overcome the sins of the world!

God bless you to know the difference.

Home from work :-D

I just think some have a hard time understanding that other people’s sins are NOT your sins.

I never said I hated anybody here. It's that sin I don't approve of. And I pray for people like the like of those here that are so blind to what is right and wrong in life. Didn't your mothers teach you any better?

Right and Wrong
I know how God wants ME to live my life and I live it that way. (That’s a right)
To show hate, to people that do sin is just not right (That’s a wrong)
To force people into believing in your belief. (That’s a wrong)
To try to teach the word of God.(That's a right)

Rights and Wrongs are easy. You just need to learn your rights might not be other people's rights. Just because you believe your right is right don't make it right.
If you don't work at being a Christian you are only giving your self to every which way that comes into your thoughts without regard or respect to the Spirit of Christ which is what should be living in you! Not the spirit of evil.
That’s right every moment you can.
But I feel trying to force people to believe like you do is wrong, and not working to be a Christian because even if you do not want to own up to it you can clearly see many see it as a form of hate and to show hate even if you don’t think it is hate still don’t change the fact that some are feeling the hate. SO yes it is hate.

Those that don't seek to turn away from their sins are not following Jesus, they are following the devil if they refuse to turn away from sin that they are shown.If they refuse conviction of their sins they are in denial and calling sin not sin. If they deny it as being a sin. Then they call sin as though it weren't. And that is not seeking after God then, is it? They are children of the devil and only seek to please themselves by loving their sin.

Right again but you shouldn’t let yourself fall into that same group by using hate and trying to justifying it because that is a sin even if you don’t want to admit it.

You can only see people’s humanly actions and that is what you try to pass judgment on and that is wrong.

The Lord can see their souls and ONLY he will have eternal judgment.

That's why some people hate Christians. because they seek after the truth of God and do their best to live by that truth. The sinner denies it and seeks to live after their sin. Big difference.

No I think you are wrong I think why some hate “Christians†is because they don’t know how to separate the ones that preach hate and discrimination and the ones that show Love and understanding. So they put them all in one box and a certain group of people are driving others away from the Lord because of it and it is sad I am glad to see more and more everyday people are starting to see it and I will always speak out and try to show them it because I don’t want to be linked with people that practice that kind of stuff.
You ask almost anyone that claims to hate Christians what they hate about them and you will see if I just pulling your leg. The people as you say “HATE†Christians I don’t believe they care if you seek truth or what you live your life by as long as you are not trying to MAKE them follow the same thing as you do. And when you do I can see why they would have resentment to you.

Follow after the Holy Spirit seek to be freed from your sins.

Don't follow after the evil spirit. you will be bound by your sins if you do that.

Seek to follow Jesus and be free from your sins.
Jesus teaches how to overcome the sins of the world!

God bless you to know the difference.
Amen

Relic said:
So now, I ask you this.... Since when does God accept the sins of the Devil?

God does not accept sin, and anyone that insists on following the devil is an unrepentant sinner.

God does not embrace the unrepentant sinner.

The devil isn't human. He doesn't quite count, and neither do the angels within God's plan for salvation. That was just a really weird statement.

The second part you are right, God doesn't embrace the unrepentant sinner, but as long as they are not Christian they don't have to. Why would they feel guilty about something they don't beleive in.

Which came first repentance or the grace of God to lead you to Him?
God called us and then we repented.

Dr. your right about being "persicuted" for our beliefs. Non-christians don't like hateful people or people being idiots most often. But if we truly follow Christ we will run into opposition. I think the biggest difference is that true persicution comes when we show the love of God and are still hated for our beliefs.

Back to the topic. I believe that if a Christian has homosexual tendencies that doesn't make him or her worst than anyone else as long as the work through the grace of God to beat those tendencies. It can be done. It takes the grace of God, support from other Christians and faith of the individual. Sexual sin is the hardest to beat, at least thats what I have experienced: Drugs...not that hard, drinking...not that hard, sexual sin...extremely hard to quit, and still a daily struggle.

Dr. your right about being "persicuted" for our beliefs. Non-christians don't like hateful people or people being idiots most often. But if we truly follow Christ we will run into opposition. I think the biggest difference is that true persicution comes when we show the love of God and are still hated for our beliefs.

I agree with you.

First off, I don't hate them!! It is you that keeps lumping us all together with the ones that do. You believe that the ones that speak out and say that being a homosexual and calling it for what it is a "sin", is hating that person. And you are wrong! The bible clearly calls us all "sinners" so are you saying that the bible is a book of hate??

I never once said that I hated the homosexual, so please don't put word in my mouth. What has me upset are the christians here that are standing up for the rights of the homosexual to continue down the path of destruction and think they are loving them by doing so. :roll:

I know that in the last days people will be calling evil good and good evil. That the church will become luke warm and compromising and that is what I see by a lot of the answers around here. :sad

I would imagine that if Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul...ect. were here today you would be telling them all that they hate and they need to stop and love them and let the sinners do what they want...Let God deal with them. :roll:

DrDiotte said:
No I think you are wrong I think why some hate “Christians†is because they don’t know how to separate the ones that preach hate and discrimination and the ones that show Love and understanding.
Now that says a lot, so these people can't even tell the difference when you are showing them love and someone else is showing hate... :-? :lol:

DrDiotte said:
You ask almost anyone that claims to hate Christians what they hate about them and you will see if I just pulling your leg. The people as you say “HATE†Christians I don’t believe they care if you seek truth or what you live your life by as long as you are not trying to MAKE them follow the same thing as you do. And when you do I can see why they would have resentment to you.

Remember they also hated Jesus...

• Matthew 10:16. "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
    17. "But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues.
    18. "And you will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.

21. "Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.
    22. "And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.[/*:m:0dc2e]

• 26. "Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.
    27. "Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.
    28. "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.[/*:m:0dc2e]

• 32. "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
    33. "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
    34. "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.[/*:m:0dc2e]

• Mathew 24:9. "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.
    10. "And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
    11. "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
    12. "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.[/*:m:0dc2e]

• John 15:18. "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
    19. "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
    20. "Remember the word that I said to you, `A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
    21. "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.
    22. "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.
    23. "He who hates Me hates My Father also.
    24. "If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father.
    25. "But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, `They hated Me without a cause.' [/*:m:0dc2e]

• John 17:
    14. "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.[/*:m:0dc2e]

• Hebrews 1:9. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.''[/*:m:0dc2e]

Religion today is not transforming people; rather it is
being transformed by the people. It is not raising the moral
level of society; it is descending to society's own level, and
congratulating itself that it has scored a victory because
society is smilingly accepting its surrender.
... A. W. Tozer (1897-1963)

Meditation:
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will
send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst
for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they
shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the
east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD,
and shall not find it.
-- Amos 8:11,12 (KJV)

The moment we make up our minds that we are going on with
this determination to exalt God overall, we step out of the
world’s parade... We acquire a new viewpoint; a new and
different psychology will be formed within us; a new power
will begin to surprise us by its upsurgings and its outgoings.
... A. W. Tozer (1897-1963), The Pursuit of God [1948]

Meditation:
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the
one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and
despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Matthew 6:24 (KJV)

If you believe what you like in the gospel, and reject
what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but
yourself.
... St. Augustine (354-430)

Meditation:
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we
made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus
Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
-- 2 Peter 1:16 (KJV)

Relic said:
But really, after that last remark Quath made, someone really needs to tell him he is very sick and needs help! If I knew him personally, I'd make sure he was watched very closely. I pity his wife and step daughters to have to put up with his sick mind.
Pity them for when I insist on a Star Wars marathon or when I attempt to dance in public. Pity them when they have to eat my cooking or when I fix one of their toys with duct tape. But as for my sick mind, I think that is the one thing they really like about me. :)

They should have him institutionalized! It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was a devil worshiper for real, like he portrayed of himself in that halloween picture he posted of himself.
That was Normal Bob Smith. I would provide a link, but I am sure that would be against a rule or something. He likes to dress up and shock people. That picture was of him going to see the Passion of Christ.

I'll bet he wasn't kidding. It's a shame he comes here to get his kicks like that. That's sick, very sick.
I know it is hard seeing a lot of the stuff I write. I don't do it out of hate (maybe sometimes frustration). I see too much hate brought into this world singing the words of the Bible as justification. I want to see how much you base your morality on this book and how much you derive for yourself.

I come down harsh on the atheist that tries to say that Darwinism says that any behavior is acceptable. I am harsh with anyone that seeks to justify rules that go against the Golden Rule itself. I think the Golden Rule is one of the best concepts humanity has come up with, and I would rather people use that and drop all the other dogma.

I am sure there are a lot of areas on which we agree. Maybe for this issue, we should just call a truce.

Quath

What should be done with homosexuals?

I won't sanction their unhealthy unnatural life styles.

There are all types of perverts living around us. Many are probably here in this forum trying to undermine the biblical beliefs and values of Christians.

The topic is about a specific sin.

What I want to do with these sinners is to preach the gospel to them.

If they don't want to hear it fine.

If they do want to hear and accept the message of salvation then praise God for that.

Paul gives us an example of what we are to do with any sinner.

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus came to save those that are lost.

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

These perverted folks need the gospel. It is up to them to repent and place their faith in Christ.

Remember these people are not a race or ethnic group any more than drunks, whores, are drug abusers are a race or ethnic group.

The "queer rights" movement is all about condoning sanctioning and recognizing perversion as normal and natural.

ut really, after that last remark Quath made, someone really needs to tell him he is very sick and needs help! If I knew him personally, I'd make sure he was watched very closely. I pity his wife and step daughters to have to put up with his sick mind.They should have him institutionalized! It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was a devil worshiper for real, like he portrayed of himself in that halloween picture he posted of himself.

I don't think he likes you, Quath. :lol:

Quath said:
I often have wondered about this. After all, most guys like the idea of lesbians. In almost all straight porn (which is aimed at heterosexual men) there are lesbian scenes.

Its obviously the case that lesbianism has a proper place in pornography, but "real" lesbianism only encourages feminist ideology and I think it should definitely be banned.

Perversion is perversion. I don't know what "true Lesbianism" is but I know that women having illicit relationships with other women is unnatural and perverse.

As with men who practice perversion I don't propose doing anything with Lesbians or whatever you want to call them.

I am not going to recognize them as a couple the same way I do a man and wife. If they want to live together that is their business. I don't want to know what they practice nor do I want some brain dead teacher teaching children that it is normal and acceptable for two men or two women to live like they are a married couple.

These sinners need the gospel preached to them and they need to repent of their sins like everyone else.

This acceptance and approval of Homosexual behaviour is a symptom of a nation that is falling rapidly.

Rejection of God has brought about this sick condition.

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And by the way those who promote acceptance of this deadly and harmful behaviour are worthy of death in the eyes of God.

We have God's word on it.

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Judgement is coming.

i really cant see how you can use the bible to try to stop homosexuality, but you dotn use it for all of the other groups it hates against.

Where is the illegality of judaism? islam? atheism?

why havent towns with atheists been burned down??

Your bible tells you too, yet you only seem to pick on certain groups.

*edited* for being offensives. huj05 has left the building

huj05 said:
i really cant see how you can use the bible to try to stop homosexuality, but you dotn use it for all of the other groups it hates against.

Christians are not here to "stop" the practice of atheism or homosexuality.

We are here to preach the gospel and tell the truth.

Fools have rights to be fools and perverts will be perverts.

I am personally not persecuting anyone...

huj05 said:

That's a very good point. For all those who voted that "homosexual behavior" should be outlawed, do you also think other religions should be outlawed for the same reasons? If not, why not? If so, *no need for that comment*

Heathen said:
huj05 said:

That's a very good point. For all those who voted that "homosexual behavior" should be outlawed, do you also think other religions should be outlawed for the same reasons? If not, why not? If so, *no need for that comment*

Homosexuality is a religion?

I thought it was just people practicing perversion... :o

Another thing ...

Christians don't just pick on homosexuality.

It just happens to be an issue that is constantly thrown in our face.

Defend adultery or child pornography and watch me join the battle . 8-)

So let me see if understand some of you.

1. You understand that a marriage is in Gods eyes and the Governments contract doesn’t change that. (If the Government let and man and a dog marry God would still not see that as a marriage.)

2. Denying someone the right to sign the Governments contract to be able to receive the same tax break, healthcare benefits, etc. Is not hate Hate?

3. Taking food from their mouth.. is this not hate?

4. Denying them the right to live without persecution (verbal or physical) is this not hate?

5. You think letting them sign that contract would be promoting their sin. But really they are accepted in many places already and that will not change with or without that contract so using that logic the only thing you could do to not be promoting it would be want to ban them altogether. Is this not hate?

That is just a few the list is much much longer but I think this should show you what I am getting at. Hate comes in many forms and just because one thinks his behavior is not hateful does not mean it is not. You are bringing the feeling of hate to these people and to say they can’t tell the difference between love/hate is not even a point because I am telling you I see it as HATE I know many others see it as HATE. You may not think it is because you are blinded by your beliefs but it is.

I believe that civil marriage should be different from religious marriage, and a civil marriage should be available to any consenting adults who want one, along with any attendant benefits, or the benefits should be available to no one. (There should be no benefits or penalties issued by the government for being married, unless the government recognizes a very broad definition of marriage.)

I John 3:14-19 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death. Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. We know love by this that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has the world's goods, and beholds his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him? Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. We shall know by this that we are of the truth, and shall assure our heart before Him. (NAS)

Back