Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what the bible say about halloween

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: How @ a Hallelujah Party?

guibox said:
MrVersatile48 said:
Many UK churches put these on as a good, helpful alternative for local kids

Candy floss, sweetened compromise. Either celebrate it in its true form or don't celebrate it at all. Compromise is merely an attempt of the Christian to try and 'make it right' to fit in with the world but still maintain Christian values.

This is the problem the Infant Church faced in the first 4 centuries of dwelling with Paganism. They compromised their beliefs to try and mingle with the Pagans to convert them.

Thank you for raising important questions for completing Christ's gGreat Commission to reach every land, tribe & nation with His glorious good news gospel

Hallelujah parties celebrate Jesus' gift of eternal life for all who trust Him & take Him at His Word , not Satan's aim to destroy the lives of all whom he can fool & dupe - (as in Samain, the origin of 31 Oct celebrations)

"I set before you this day both life & death: therefore choose life"

Autologout looms, but Christians historically have sought to use the same "Bridge Strategy" as Jesus' parables did - (see http://www.gospelcom.net for online training courses in Internet Outreach)

Jesus always began from what was on folks' minds, to engage their interest - then put in His spiritual messages

What were early Christians to do at Ishtar. for example? Allow their neighbours to be conned into focussing on forbidden occult practices?

They instead showd folk that the Resurrection was much more precious to celebrate, so Easter was born

Likewise @ the Winter Solstice, they showed that the birth of Jesus was much more precious to celebrate, so Christmas came to be celebrated

Must go!

Ian

Lyric's Dad said:
Matthew24:14 said:
Just Say No !!!
To the devil tricks, trap and deception of lies !!

History Starts Back To The Satanic Druids Witch's Cult
1. The ancient Druids believed that on this particular night, the souls of the dead returned to their former homes to be entertained by the living. If acceptable food and shelter wer not provided, supposeinly these evil spirits would cast spells, and cause havoc and terror to haunt and torment the living. They demanded to be appeased. Look closely! here is the beginning of the word "trick or treat!" Evil spirits of satan demanding a "treat" to get rid of them, or you got a "trick" which repersents a witch's spell.

Uh Oh ! One of the Churches Picked Up The Pagen Satanic Rites
Then one of the Churches picked up the tradion of evil holiday and renamed it to "Halloween". The practices are Roman Catholic and Pagan in origin. From the Encyclopedia Britannica: "In its strictly religious aspect, this occasion is known as the vigil of Hallowmas of All Saint's Day, Nov. 1, observed by the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches. Pope Gregory III (731 to 741 AD) assigned this date for celebrating of the feast when he consecrated a chapel in Saint Peter's basilica to all the saints. Gregory the IV extended the feast to the entire church (Roman Catholic ) in 834 AD" "There is little doubt that the Christian Roman Catholic Church sought to eliminate or supplant the Druid festival of the dead by introducing the alternative observance of All Saint's Day on Nov. 1."
God In His Word (BIBLE) Condemns Such Pagan Practices Of Evil
1. Christians should have no part of anything that celebrates a pagan celebration of Halloween and the dark evil powers it promotes. Halloween is a form of witchcraft which uses their pagen rites to call on the fallen angels of satan kingdom. Halloween makes a joyfull celebration for evil ghost, monsters, and horror items of evil. We are not to celebrate death, but to celebrate LIFE in Jesus. This was an abomination to the Lord our God in Heaven as stated in the Bible Deut. 18:10-14 The Bible says much about the practices from which modern Halloween festivities are taken. The nation of Israel was specifically warned against the very same practices that are part of the modern Halloween.

THE BIBLE SAYS IN:
Deuteronomy 18:9-12 "When you come into the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. "There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, "or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. "For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you."
The Dead Do Not Come Back To Earth
The Bible Says In Hebrews 9:27 "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."

If we were to not partake of anything that might have pagan roots, we would have to just sleep all the time. Hey, wait! Did pagans sleep? :-D
Sorry but you can not serve 2-masters,I have to tell you, ReadNot to warn him/her breaking or interpreting GODS Word
to suits him/her self. Because GOD is His own interpreter,
of His own Words. ( 1Corinthians 2:10-16 ) Such as:
You shall or shall not, will or will not, etc.
this are clear commandment.
And you know what will happen if your not obey ?
read : Ezekiel 3:18-21 and 33:8-9

Lyric's Dad said:
Just Say No !!!

1. The ancient Druids believed that on this particular night, the souls of the dead returned to their former homes to be entertained by the living. If acceptable food and shelter wer not provided, supposeinly these evil spirits would cast spells, and cause havoc and terror to haunt and torment the living. They demanded to be appeased. Look closely! here is the beginning of the word "trick or treat!" Evil spirits of satan demanding a "treat" to get rid of them, or you got a "trick" which repersents a witch's spell.

Then one of the Churches picked up the tradion of evil holiday and renamed it to "Halloween". The practices are Roman Catholic and Pagan in origin. From the Encyclopedia Britannica: "In its strictly religious aspect, this occasion is known as the vigil of Hallowmas of All Saint's Day, Nov. 1, observed by the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches. Pope Gregory III (731 to 741 AD) assigned this date for celebrating of the feast when he consecrated a chapel in Saint Peter's basilica to all the saints. Gregory the IV extended the feast to the entire church (Roman Catholic ) in 834 AD" "There is little doubt that the Christian Roman Catholic Church sought to eliminate or supplant the Druid festival of the dead by introducing the alternative observance of All Saint's Day on Nov. 1."
1. Christians should have no part of anything that celebrates a pagan celebration of Halloween and the dark evil powers it promotes. Halloween is a form of witchcraft which uses their pagen rites to call on the fallen angels of satan kingdom. Halloween makes a joyfull celebration for evil ghost, monsters, and horror items of evil. We are not to celebrate death, but to celebrate LIFE in Jesus. This was an abomination to the Lord our God in Heaven as stated in the Bible Deut. 18:10-14 The Bible says much about the practices from which modern Halloween festivities are taken. The nation of Israel was specifically warned against the very same practices that are part of the modern Halloween.

THE BIBLE SAYS IN:
Deuteronomy 18:9-12 "When you come into the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. "There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, "or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. "For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you."
The Bible Says In Hebrews 9:27 "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."

If we were to not partake of anything that might have pagan roots, we would have to just sleep all the time. Hey, wait! Did pagans sleep? :-D
Sorry but you can not serve 2-masters,I have to tell you, ReadNot to warn him/her breaking or interpreting GODS Word

I know how to justify this WHOLE problem.!!!...!!!!

If you are so concerned that demonic posessions wil acrue due to trick or treating....

The best thing to do is dress like a Bible character and hand out NIV's and candy in the shape of Billy Graham......

Why not preach the Gospel while dressing up like your favorite dude from the Bible?

R25526.jpg

Sorry but you can not serve 2_masters,

:angel: Not to warn him/her breaking or interpreting GODS Word
read : Ezekiel 3:18-21 and 33:8-9 :bday:

Sorry but you can not serve 2_masters,

:angel: Not to warn him/her breaking or interpreting GODS Word
read : Ezekiel 3:18-21 and 33:8-9 :bday:

Not to warn him/her breaking or interpreting GODS Word

Preach the Gospel on Halloween!!!!!

Dress up like Samson (if your buff) or like Solomon (if you think you are smart) and Preach to the masses while enjoying the cool autumn air!!!!!

Hand out Gideons small print NIV's instead of candy and Christian pamphlets!

Praise God!

R25528.jpg

[quote="Lyric's Dad":c2cc5][quote="Matthew24:14":c2cc5]Just Say No !!!

THE BIBLE SAYS IN:
If we were to not partake of anything that might have pagan roots, we would have to just sleep all the time. Hey, wait! Did pagans sleep? :-D[/quote:c2cc5]
read : Ezekiel 3:18-21 and 33:8-9[/quote:c2cc5]LOL!!! So now I am going to be punished if I let my daughter trick or treat? Oh pulease!

This is one of the things that I so dislike about much of todays church. So many rules and regulations creeping into the gospel of GRACE!

Save it. I know to whom I belong and this is just another one of those crusades for those who want to worry about what everyone else is doing.

Find the mote first my friend.

Halloween isnt evil.. :roll: gosh, people make it sound like it is, but really its just people dressing up and having fun getting candy. :bday: I dont see how that is wrong. :lol:

My kids school has a Family Fun Night for Halloween. This year, the theme is Pirates of the Carolinas. I'm the Lead First Grade Representative, and so I really want to get the kids excited about it. I'm dressing as a pirate....ARGH MATEY!

LOL!!! So now I am going to be punished if I let my daughter trick or treat? Oh pulease!

This is one of the things that I so dislike about much of todays church. So many rules and regulations creeping into the gospel of GRACE!

Save it. I know to whom I belong and this is just another one of those crusades for those who want to worry about what everyone else is doing.

Find the mote first my friend

Good post...

Jedi_Chick said:
Halloween isnt evil.. :roll: gosh, people make it sound like it is, but really its just people dressing up and having fun getting candy. :bday: I dont see how that is wrong. :lol:
This is exactly what the Adversary wants us to think.

Soma-Sight said:
Good post...
You're kidding me, right Soma? This, coming from someone who beat me up last year for being a fan of Carlos Santana, yet you condone abortions and the celebration of halloween? Pick a side of the fence dude. Sitting on top of those pickets has to hurt by now. :o

:-D

You're kidding me, right Soma? This, coming from someone who beat me up last year for being a fan of Carlos Santana, yet you condone abortions and the celebration of halloween? Pick a side of the fence dude. Sitting on top of those pickets has to hurt by now.

lolololol...... :lol:

Not to mention my rants on the evils of pork eating..... :roll:

A change of heart???? Or just a trickster????

stll_kokopelli.jpg

Vic I am still a fan of Corlos Santana, Jimi Hendrix too, And I am still a Christian, who hates abortion.

Vic I am still a fan of Corlos Santana, Jimi Hendrix too, And I am still a Christian, who hates abortion.

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

And you are going to condemn halloween fans!!!!!!!!!!!

"I know it sounds New Age... but in my meditation, this entity - which is called Metatron - he said, 'we want to hook you back to the radio airwave frequency. We want you to reach junior high schools, high schools and universities. Once you reach them - because we are going to connect you with the best artists of the day - then we want you to present them a new menu. Let them know that they are themselves, multidimensional spirits with enormous possibilities and opportunities. We want you to present them with a new form of existence that transcends religion, politics or the modus operandi of education today'" (Rolling Stone, Summer, 1999)

"When I let the spirit play me, it's an intense delight. My role as a musician is to make everyone aware of his own divinity." (Newsweek, March 27, 1972, p. 77)

"One night we were playing, and suddenly the spirit entered into me, and I was playing, but it was no longer me playing." (Circus, April, 1972, p. 38)

"Metatron wants something from me, and I know exactly what it is... The people who listen to the music are connected to a higher form of themselves. That's why I get a lot of joy from this CD, because it's a personal invitation from me to people: Remember your divinity." (Rolling Stone, magazine, March 16, 2000, p. 89)

http://www.goodfight.org/

roll_santanashaman1.jpg

And you guys are worried about "trick or treaters.......

How does this verse pan out for you????????

Matthew 7

Judging Others
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Once again I believe the only true fundamentalist Christians are the ones that live in a cabin in the woods with a Bible and shotgun only.....

No media and no social contact.....

EVERY single thing in this world that tries to get justified by the religious right has occultic connontation if you look hard enough......

Corlos Santana, Jimi Hendrix

By the way vic and Lewis.....

If you think these two Master guitarists (not to mention the Beatles as well) were not into "peyote puke" for thier creative inspiration than you better burn all those cds you guys have.......

:lol: :lol:

I wonder how shocked Christian fundamentalists would be if they found out all their favorite artists and musicians were WAY into the creative mind induced by sacred plants???????

B000002P5W.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

shocked_face_234234.jpg

Hey Soma, I still have that album of Hendrix up above, that you posted.
Soma, I am a musician, I am a drummer, I started out playing R&B, Hard Rock, and then Metal, I play mostly gospel today, but at times still listen to Grand Funk, Jethro Tull, Soundgarden, Led Zepplin and many others, I don't care if some of their music was drug inspired the music is still good, I was taking LSD, and smoking weed and playing music myself, Now all my Black Sabbath music I threw away, even though I did not want to, because some of their music did not line up with God. Went to see Living Color last year, and these things don't make me any less of a Christian. God did not make everybody the same, everybody has their own musical taste, I like the power of metal music, and Christian metal music I love that a lot. It is just that now if the lyrics are against God, like Marilyn Manson, I will not listen to it. And that goes for gangster rap too. Music with in itself is not bad like metal for instance, man takes it and taints it with his ungodly lyrics. But man can't come up with any form of music that was not in the mind of God first, God understands that people have different taste, but man takes and taints the music. Christain rock, and metal, and christian R&B is reaching people, that otherwise would not here the Gospel, because it comes to where they are. And that is a good thing. Sorry I got off topic but I could not resist. Again I am sorry about that.

Soma-Sight said:
By the way vic and Lewis.....

If you think these two Master guitarists (not to mention the Beatles as well) were not into "peyote puke" for thier creative inspiration than you better burn all those cds you guys have.......

:lol: :lol:

I wonder how shocked Christian fundamentalists would be if they found out all their favorite artists and musicians were WAY into the creative mind induced by sacred plants???????
Dude, I'm 48. Been there, done that. You are preaching to the choir now. You're not telling us anything we don't already know. I've seen the Beatles on Ed Sullivan; saw the Monterey Pop Festival movie when it came out; saw Santana in concert, a couple of times. Been a Deadhead for as long as I can remember. Came out of the other side of tunnel in the light of the Lord.... and alive.

God IS good! :angel: All the time. :wink:

Amazing
Aerosmith

I kept the right ones out
And let the wrong ones in
Had an angel of mercy to see me through all my sins
There were times in my life
When I was goin’ insane
Tryin’ to walk through... The pain

When I lost my grip
And I hit the floor
Yeah, I thought I could leave but couldn’t get out the door
I was so sick and tired
Of livin’ a lie
I was wishin that I
Would die

Chorus:
It’s amazing
With the blink of an eye you finally see the light
It’s amazing
When the moment arrives that you know you’ll be alright
It’s amazing
And I’m sayin’ a prayer for the desperate hearts tonight

That one last shot’s a permanent vacation
And how high can you fly with broken wings?
Life’s a journey not a destination
And I just can’t tell just what tomorrow brings

You have to learn to crawl
Before you learn to walk
But I just couldn’t listen to all that righteous talk, oh yeah
I was out on the street,
Just tryin’ to survive
Scratchin’ to stay... Alive

Chorus:
It’s amazing
With the blink of an eye you finally see the light
It’s amazing
When the moment arrives that you know you’ll be alright
It’s amazing
And I’m sayin’ a prayer for the desperate hearts tonight

Dude, I'm 48. Been there, done that. You are preaching to the choir now. You're not telling us anything we don't already know. I've seen the Beatles on Ed Sullivan; saw the Monterey Pop Festival movie when it came out; saw Santana in concert, a couple of times. Been a Deadhead for as long as I can remember. Came out of the other side of tunnel in the light of the Lord.... and alive.

hehehehe,

Man that would have been crazy to grow up when rock was actually GOOD, in that I mean GOOD TALENT....

Nowadays its all one chord and lame lyrics.....

Those days are gone forever and I was too young to really realize what it all meant.....

:sad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back