Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What the Bible says will happen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well since all nations are worldly and corrupted, and the church has been over taken by the devil and is worldly and corrupted, the path is narrow because the world is nearly blocked from the truth. These days, unless someone picks up the bible and reads it and finds Christ and listens to him and the Apostles he gave authority to teach after he went home, there is no path.
Does it sort of feel like the following scripture?
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

In this present day we're also affected by usurping nations which is going to change when Jesus takes His throne in Rev 4:2, and begins His reign of 1000 years. The times of the Gentiles its fullness will be over, and Jesus will be taking that all power and authority given Him in Mt 28:18. It has to be evident Jesus isn't controlling their actions in this present time.

Does it sort of feel like the following scripture?
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

In this present day we're also affected by usurping nations which is going to change when Jesus takes His throne in Rev 4:2, and begins His reign of 1000 years. The times of the Gentiles its fullness will be over, and Jesus will be taking that all power and authority given Him in Mt 28:18. It has to be evident Jesus isn't controlling their actions in this present time.

Is Jesus controlling your actions?

When I walk after the Spirit instead of the flesh, so that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in me. Rom 8:4

So it seems to me rather than waiting for Jesus to assert all the power and authority given to Him, it might be more productive to acknowledge the turmoil of the world, yet sooth it by helping more people to choose to walk after the Spirit.

So it seems to me rather than waiting for Jesus to assert all the power and authority given to Him, it might be more productive to acknowledge the turmoil of the world, yet sooth it by helping more people to choose to walk after the Spirit.
Showing the love of God by action and word is always good, but as the time nears for Jesus' return there is scripture suggesting that will not be a priority among many of God's people.
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

What happened to our faith of these previous verses?
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Scripture is true and real.

I was listening to a well known leader whos church sits on about 20 nations. In an interview, and he was asked in the interview how he grew such a massive church, and his reply was, 'we just scratch there itching ears'.

wow, just wow

2 Timothy 4:3

Last edited:
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Scratching itching ears is not sound doctrine

How do the nations and events we are seeing today relate to what the Bible says will happen in the last days?
Jerusalem, Rome, and Babylon will be the key cities before the Second Coming of Christ. As to nations and events:
1. Christianity will experience great apostasy.
2. The Church will be taken up at the Rapture.
3. Nations will form an alliance against Israel.
4. The Antichrist will present himself to the world as both Christ and God.
5. Israel will be in great distress during the Tribulation.
6. All the inhabitants of the earth (other than the Tribulation saints) will worship Satan, the Beast, and the Abomination of Desolation.
7. The Great Tribulation will be experienced -- a time which has never occurred before and will never come again.
8. The Lord Jesus Christ will return with all His saints and angels to judge the world and to establish His Kingdom on earth.

The churches one sided jesus half gospel.

Jesus died for all sins, is loving, kind, caring, understanding. Jesus is love love love.

All true. I totally agree.

Last edited:
You know a RSL pub is more holy than a church. If I walk into a RSL with a singlet or a hat I am told within seconds to take the hat off or leave and get changed before I come back to show respect to fallen soldiers.

Yet go to church and hardly anyone cares about respecting the Most High. Its not religious customs, its just called respect. Its suppose to be a place of worship. How does someone worship the Most High wearing any gold or silver and idols and showing clothing labels and fancy hair styles. Paul knows the truth. They dont want to listen to Paul yet they call him an Apostle. Its called a hypocrate.

Last edited:
You know a RSL pub is more holy than a church. If I walk into a RSL with a singlet or a hat I am told within seconds to take the hat off or leave and get changed before I come back to show respect to fallen soldiers.

Yet go to church and hardly anyone cares about respecting the Most High. Its not religious customs, its just called respect. Its suppose to be a place of worship. How does someone worship the Most High covered in gold and silver and labels and fancy hair styles.
And how do you worship God being so judgmental of others?

Its called judging in a correct judgement. And you think im judgemental, go read the scriptures.

And I judge the system, not the people being deceived.

The so called leaders are allowing the flock to worship in gold and silver. There suppose to be teachers, a teacher teaches how to walk righteous and worship correctly to the flock.
You don't see it.
You are legalistic.
You are being very judgmental of others.

Tell me, how should we dress so as to be pleasing to God?

Ask scripture. Ask Paul.

If you think worshiping in gold and silver is pleasing to God thats your opinion.
Yes, you are quite right.
Worshiping God at church while wearing gold and silver is no different than my wife having her hair colored at the beauty parlor or me wearing a fancy white suit.
Or if someone comes in wearing a short sleeve t-shirt with short pants and flip flops is not dishonoring God either.
It's each person's perspective as to what is right and wrong for them, and we should not judge them but instead receive them with love.

Yes, you are quite right.
Worshiping God at church while wearing gold and silver is no different than my wife having her hair colored at the beauty parlor or me wearing a fancy white suit.
Or if someone comes in wearing a short sleeve t-shirt with short pants and flip flops is not dishonoring God either.
It's each person's perspective as to what is right and wrong for them, and we should not judge them but instead receive them with love.

Well, im sure as much as you love someone you would find it a bit disrespectful if that person you love walked in your house with muddy feet and walked all over the carpet and started graffiti all your walls, even you love them with a never ending love.

Im not legalist, I never said anything about salvation, its just called respect for God in a house of worship.

Last edited:
Well, im sure as much as you love someone you would find it a bit disrespectful if that person you love walked in your house with muddy feet and walked all over the carpet and started graffiti all your walls, even you love them with a never ending love.

Im not legalist, I never said anything about salvation, its just called respect for God in a house of worship.
Are you sure about what you are saying?
Think about it some more.

Are you sure about what you are saying?
Think about it some more.

What you are saying and doing is not very brotherly. If im with wrong you should correct me with scripture as a brother not tell me to think about it, if I dont listen go get 3 other forumers as witness to tell me, if I dont listen wipe the dust off your feet and move on.

Are you sure about what your saying?. It seems like your trying to make me think as you stand there correct and all knowing.
Yes, I do that sometimes and nobody can stand it!!!
Now you all know how I feel when you all talk.

Here, have some of my wife's home made Italian cookies.

italian-christmas-cookies.jpg

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back