Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What was your favorite Christmas present....ever?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kathi

I think mine was when I was 7.There was a red bike in front of the fireplace with a big red ribbon on it Christmas morning.I loved that bike. :biggrin2

A new suit my wife gave me. I really liked it and it was at a perfect time. I hope she realized how much it meant to me.

Mine was Christmas 1968. At that time I was stationed at Camp Evans, about 30 k south of Camp Betty. The day time temps were in the low hundreds and we would sweat ourselves to sleep every night. I was waking my area, making sure I had everything was in place for defense when I heard Silent Night echoing from far off.

We never turned our search lights on when in the air but there, 30 clicks north was a Huey with his Search Light pointing straight down into Camp Betty playing Christmas Carols. Them men in the Chopper were Killer Spades, the unit I would join in a couple of months. I'll never forget the return of real humanity that night, right in the middle of a real life horror movie.

Mine was Christmas 1968. At that time I was stationed at Camp Evans, about 30 k south of Camp Betty. The day time temps were in the low hundreds and we would sweat ourselves to sleep every night. I was waking my area, making sure I had everything was in place for defense when I heard Silent Night echoing from far off.

We never turned our search lights on when in the air but there, 30 clicks north was a Huey with his Search Light pointing straight down into Camp Betty playing Christmas Carols. Them men in the Chopper were Killer Spades, the unit I would join in a couple of months. I'll never forget the return of real humanity that night, right in the middle of a real life horror movie.
That is a cool story.Nice memories... :)

I also got a Betsy Wetsy doll one year.You fed it this bottle and it would get wet :biggrin2.My motherly instincts were appearing even at 6.I would change it and wash its clothes.

This is so strange. I can't think of anything.

I wonder what that means?
I don't know whether to laugh or cry :neutral

I really don't give it any thought. It's just another day to me. I know the children look forward to it and I try to make it a special day for them.

None of us are promised a tomorrow, so I try to practice the spirit of giving throughout the year.

Kathi, My 2 cents: I honestly couldn't say either; partially due to memory loss/block and the other being since I was saved I have intentionally downplayed the gifts for each other to try to better help Us focus on the GIft of God. I usually got several nice gifts for our children and my wife but didn't facilitate or create the excitement and anxiety about gifts which is so prevalent and distracting; possibley even disillusioning. I am one to NOT put off giving my wife or child what they need till CHRISTmas (not xmas!) even if it is within one or two weeks of CHRISTmas. The point of CHRISTmas is celebrating the birth of our Savior and Lord. We can have abundant Joy and gratitutude without exchanging gifts but I certainly don't abstain. I try to foster a niche where there is Joy for both and not just short-lived happiness.

Every year when they were still alive my ex-wife's grandmother and her sister would bake unique breads like pumpernickel or some other special type and wrap them for Christmas gifts. I loved those and looked forward to them every year.

It wasn't a Christmas present, but as a kid my dad bought me a Lassie plush from Wal-Mart. I loved that thing, and still have it. (Supposedly it was going to be considered a collector's item.) I even have a portrait taken with me holdingit.
The plush officially introduced to Lassie, and that's where my still-strong love of Collies started.

It wasn't a Christmas present, but as a kid my dad bought me a Lassie plush from Wal-Mart. I loved that thing, and still have it. (Supposedly it was going to be considered a collector's item.) I even have a portrait taken with me holdingit.
The plush officially introduced to Lassie, and that's where my still-strong love of Collies started.
Yes,when I was about 5 we had neighbors who had a Lassie dog.A Collie.Looked just like Lassie.Her name was Princess.She would whine and cry with excitement when she saw me.I really liked that dog.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back