Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What will happen to Christians who reject the Sabbath?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
wow I can NOT believe how stubborn the protestants can be,, UNREALLL< Thats a very dangerous attitude in God's Kingdom. God HATES DEPLORES divisions. This is why many protestntas prayers are not given blessings,
The bible says
Harden NOTTTT your hearts.
Must be a reason why God says this over and over.
How the protestants offend God, with no sense of punity.
God is watching, Be made aware.

You realize, I hope, that this highly-generalized thinking which produces the sort of sweeping statements about an entire group that you offer here is the very same thinking that afflicts the racist. He, too, over-generalizes in his thinking, casting all members of various ethnic/cultural/skin-color groups in the same mold. You might want to consider whether or not you want to have in common with him his reprehensible, over-generalized reasoning. Just a thought.

I'm always amazed at how eagerly some folk want to come under the burden and bondage of the Law from which Christ freed them.

What has this to do with what I wrote? I made no comment on differences between Jews and Gentiles.

I don't have to justify a remark I never made.
You don't have to say it directly. The post I replied to expressed what you think about the differences between Jews and Gentiles. Your theology says it well. You don't need to keep what you term a "Jewish" Sabbath.

You don't have to say it directly. The post I replied to expressed what you think about the differences between Jews and Gentiles. Your theology says it well. You don't need to keep what you term a "Jewish" Sabbath.

In other words, you've made both an unfounded assumption and criticism which you refuse to acknowledge. This does not bode well for the usefulness of your remarks. How many other such unwarranted assumptions and criticisms afflict your thoughts and words? Likely many, if you carry on in other posts as you have in the one quoted above.

You'll note that I quoted the apostle Paul in my response to the OP's question concerning the Sabbath. Is it, then, your view that he is guilty of the charge you've leveled against me? That would be an...interesting viewpoint to take.

You realize, I hope, that this highly-generalized thinking which produces the sort of sweeping statements about an entire group that you offer here is the very same thinking that afflicts the racist. He, too, over-generalizes in his thinking, casting all members of various ethnic/cultural/skin-color groups in the same mold. You might want to consider whether or not you want to have in common with him his reprehensible, over-generalized reasoning. Just a thought.

I agree with you that my post shows deliberate completely intolerant attitude towards the protesatnts who simple refuse to learn about the fact saturday is the Sabbath.
I have low (= NO) tolerance level in this matter For many good reasons I am seemingly Unreasonable.
Now why do the protestants (yes lumped all in one group The A = Z sects) not wish to understand that they fellowship on the wrong day.
1) Embarssment = How could we get it wrong these 500 yrs?? How could we ever admit we were blind = Pride goes BEFORE a fall)
2) Protestant's could not ever consider following a **Hewish thing/law** God forbid we ever NEVER bc judaized christians. Never considering its a Goid thing, not a Jewish thing, The Jews did not sponsor the Saturday fellowship.
3) The protestants know if we announce one sunday,, **well we now will all meet up on Saturday, which is the Sabbath** Can you imagine what the members might begin to say,,**well if you protestant leaders got that wrong,,, what else do we need to know/have you not told us about as yet..**
= The Assemblies now all on life support, will be splintered into a 50/50 division. Hlaf will flat out refuse , the others will believe and fellowship on saturday,, = Divisions only mean more death to The Institution.
There no doubt are others reasons why the protestant leadership can not calla Council to make it official, that Sunday is not fellowship day, it will be ever on Saturday.
That woukd be suicide. CNN would have it on the headlines... = More anarchy added toi the US social fabric.
Sure pastors would be out of jobs,
Now you ask me,
what if I were a pastor of a big, even mid size church that paid all my bills, car, home, vacations etc etc.
Could I announce the new day to fellowship as Saturday,, knowing full well, I will lose 1/2 OR MORE of my congreation, = now I am near homeless, as tithes has been cut AND the sunady group has decided to stay in the building, and that I as Sabbath preacher have to look for a new place. + I have no other incomke other than **tithes(( ..MY WIFE WOULD KILL ME, as we are now near homeless vs our nice laid back life PRE announcement.
You ask could I do it??
Risk divorce, poverty....ahhh very tough Q,, sure its very easy for me to say ((yes I would for God's Kingdom***
Thank God I am not a pastor nor ever NEVER would be a podium sunday leader thing.
Praise God I never have to face that decision, as i have suffered too long too harsh all my life.
God saved me from that hell of a decision.
Saying I love you God will all my heart,,, yet coping out in sharing with my church that we got it wrong we will meet Saturdays.
That saturday is the sabbath is the very very 1st item to know as a follower of Yeshua, Thats PRE KINDERGARTEN stuff there, NOT EVEN 1st grade, Like a new born knowledge. = Pauls idea of milk vs meat levels of knowledge.
If the protesatnts can not even get a understanding about the sabbath, why should i even open discussing hell, not eternal, No such thingy as Trinity 3 eternal beings, and countless other errors that have insidiously infected the protestant sects.

The Body Of Christ, WE the church are The Body of Christ,,, ohh brother, how often have I heard that erroneous assumption. vs the Jews as REJECTED by God..ohh brother.
Let me do what I am commanded
Shake the dust off my sandals.
Recalcitrant , stubborn. The sabbath is NOT a jewish thing, Its a God thing.

I agree with you that my post shows deliberate completely intolerant attitude towards the protesatnts who simple refuse to learn about the fact saturday is the Sabbath.

Yes, I've encountered racist bigots who harbor the same attitude about their bigoted racism.

I have low (= NO) tolerance level in this matter For many good reasons I am seemingly Unreasonable.

I'm sure the Nazis felt the same way about their intolerance of Jews.

Now why do the protestants (yes lumped all in one group The A = Z sects) not wish to understand that they fellowship on the wrong day.

You're "majoring in the minors," here. Or, to be more biblical, you're "straining at a gnat, but swallowing a camel" in this matter, ignoring the far greater command to love others, treating them with the patience, grace, mercy and kindness God shows to you every day for the sake of a doctrinal side-issue.

1) Embarssment = How could we get it wrong these 500 yrs?? How could we ever admit we were blind = Pride goes BEFORE a fall)
2) Protestant's could not ever consider following a **Hewish thing/law** God forbid we ever NEVER bc judaized christians. Never considering its a Goid thing, not a Jewish thing, The Jews did not sponsor the Saturday fellowship.
3) The protestants know if we announce one sunday,, **well we now will all meet up on Saturday, which is the Sabbath** Can you imagine what the members might begin to say,,**well if you protestant leaders got that wrong,,, what else do we need to know/have you not told us about as yet..**

I'm guessing from all this that you aren't an active member of a local community of Christian believers. Am I right?

= The Assemblies now all on life support, will be splintered into a 50/50 division. Hlaf will flat out refuse , the others will believe and fellowship on saturday,, = Divisions only mean more death to The Institution.
There no doubt are others reasons why the protestant leadership can not calla Council to make it official, that Sunday is not fellowship day, it will be ever on Saturday.
That woukd be suicide. CNN would have it on the headlines... = More anarchy added toi the US social fabric.
Sure pastors would be out of jobs,
Now you ask me,
what if I were a pastor of a big, even mid size church that paid all my bills, car, home, vacations etc etc.
Could I announce the new day to fellowship as Saturday,, knowing full well, I will lose 1/2 OR MORE of my congreation, = now I am near homeless, as tithes has been cut AND the sunady group has decided to stay in the building, and that I as Sabbath preacher have to look for a new place. + I have no other incomke other than **tithes(( ..MY WIFE WOULD KILL ME, as we are now near homeless vs our nice laid back life PRE announcement.
You ask could I do it??
Risk divorce, poverty....ahhh very tough Q,, sure its very easy for me to say ((yes I would for God's Kingdom***
Thank God I am not a pastor nor ever NEVER would be a podium sunday leader thing.
Praise God I never have to face that decision, as i have suffered too long too harsh all my life.
God saved me from that hell of a decision.
Saying I love you God will all my heart,,, yet coping out in sharing with my church that we got it wrong we will meet Saturdays.
That saturday is the sabbath is the very very 1st item to know as a follower of Yeshua, Thats PRE KINDERGARTEN stuff there, NOT EVEN 1st grade, Like a new born knowledge. = Pauls idea of milk vs meat levels of knowledge.
If the protesatnts can not even get a understanding about the sabbath, why should i even open discussing hell, not eternal, No such thingy as Trinity 3 eternal beings, and countless other errors that have insidiously infected the protestant sects.

This is, essentially, an example of a tirade. Do you know what a "tirade" is"?

tirade

tī′rād″, tī-rād′​

noun​

1. A long angry speech, usually of a censorious or denunciatory nature; a diatribe.
I think you would do well to go outside and have a nice, long walk in the fresh air. Maybe ask God to show you your motives behind this excessive and legalistic anger and noise you're making while you're at it.

No I am not imagining frightful DISillusions, of what might not happen,. when in fact it will happen, Protestantism would be thrown into EVEN more chaos than it currently is in its anarchy state of Non Being (outside Of God = Non Being)

The Religionists have a bent to be bigoits,, and its not my assessment, its all over YT now, Folks who have been once christian are saying avoid assenvlies like the black plague of death. Hypocrisy reigns.
This is the general conssensus among Youtubers. Now they all can not be wrong.
Read protestant history its all there, Bigotry. Intolerance.
Sometimes truth appears to be anger, it just hurts a bit thats all,
These are supder duper critical days, No time to play around, God's Kingdon is DEADS serious business.
This is what you read between my lines,
btw my mother was 100% german, , your mention of german's cult in the recent past.
**ahh ha that explains that attitude**
Yeah dream on.

While I reject what donadams says there is a sacrifice involved in worshiping God.
It is written that prayer/praise is a sacrifice..."By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name." (Heb 13:15)
We must sacrifice who we are as sinners and allow God to cleanse us from sin.
But what if we are not sinners anymore ?
Some folk's repentance from sin was real.
Like Paul said, I die daily. That was how he lived so close to God.
Yep.
Mortify the deeds of the (now dead) flesh ! (Rom 8:13, Col 3:5)

Once you guys get to know me, I am willing to go soft and compromise on some issues, no big deal. Patience on some issues is a good thing.
But not here
I have no patience on what day of the week is the Holy Sabbath.
Joel Osteen now has a Saturday night service,, as does John Hagee, sort of meeting the issue half way. Sorry thats not at all honoring God's Day.
Joel is voping out.
Joel would never ever deal w this subject. Religion/dogmas/doctrines is not his thing. He says it all the time. He says Im not into religion, only trying to help people in thier struggles.
Perhaps God over looks Joels' folly.
But there is a day comming where God may not be so forgiving.

In other words, you've made both an unfounded assumption and criticism which you refuse to acknowledge. This does not bode well for the usefulness of your remarks. How many other such unwarranted assumptions and criticisms afflict your thoughts and words? Likely many, if you carry on in other posts as you have in the one quoted above.

You'll note that I quoted the apostle Paul in my response to the OP's question concerning the Sabbath. Is it, then, your view that he is guilty of the charge you've leveled against me? That would be an...interesting viewpoint to take.
I know what I believe is correct because of what God is doing in my life.

Here is a post I made on the other Christian Forums site.

I have been prayerfully studying the Bible for decades and God has been working miracles in my life since I was a little kid and is currently performing miracles in my life on a daily basis.

Here is one that happened yesterday. I pulled into a gas station to put in some gas. My debit card doesn't work at the pumps for some reason so I have to go inside an pay at the counter. For some reason I went back outside and just got into my car and drove off. I spent probably two hours at home and when I left I finally realized what I'd done. I was really bummed as I couldn't afford to buy the same amount of gas again.

I went back to the station, went inside and told them what I'd done. The store manager happened to be standing there. She looked at the computer screen and said it's still there. It's one of the busiest stations in town and no one had used that pump in those two hours. My money was still there.

You'll mock me for thinking it was a miracle, but I know it was as miracles are happening daily in my life.

Here's another one. I had washed a load of clothes and out them in the dryer. I ran the dryer through it's cycle and when it was done I opened the dryer door and the clothes were as wet as they were when I put them in. We couldn't afford a service call and the cost of an element so I bowed my head and asked God to fix it. That was a month or so ago and that dryer is still drying clothes.

Last winter I stumbled and fell. I ended up with a twisted intestine. That is extremely painful and normally fatal if a person can't afford surgery fatal. I used a supplement stool softener until I had diarrhea really badly. I basically had the squirts. It was still extremely painful. I was groaning all the time. I asked God to fix it and He did.

That's why I know I'm correct in my beliefs. God doesn't perform miracles for those don't have enough faith in Him to surrender fully to Him and that includes believing His word rather than creating conflicts in scripture where none exist because we have a big enough ego to think we know better than He does.

That doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone else. I've lived in rebellion against God for too many decades of my life to think I'm any better than anyone else. I've been very self destructive for the vast majority of my life. God has even taken that away from me. He is a God of love that is beyond human comprehension. At least beyond my comprehension as I know without a doubt I'm not worthy of that kind of love.

I know what I believe is correct because of what God is doing in my life.

Here is a post I made on the other Christian Forums site.

I have been prayerfully studying the Bible for decades and God has been working miracles in my life since I was a little kid and is currently performing miracles in my life on a daily basis.

Here is one that happened yesterday. I pulled into a gas station to put in some gas. My debit card doesn't work at the pumps for some reason so I have to go inside an pay at the counter. For some reason I went back outside and just got into my car and drove off. I spent probably two hours at home and when I left I finally realized what I'd done. I was really bummed as I couldn't afford to buy the same amount of gas again.

I went back to the station, went inside and told them what I'd done. The store manager happened to be standing there. She looked at the computer screen and said it's still there. It's one of the busiest stations in town and no one had used that pump in those two hours. My money was still there.

You'll mock me for thinking it was a miracle, but I know it was as miracles are happening daily in my life.

Here's another one. I had washed a load of clothes and out them in the dryer. I ran the dryer through it's cycle and when it was done I opened the dryer door and the clothes were as wet as they were when I put them in. We couldn't afford a service call and the cost of an element so I bowed my head and asked God to fix it. That was a month or so ago and that dryer is still drying clothes.

Last winter I stumbled and fell. I ended up with a twisted intestine. That is extremely painful and normally fatal if a person can't afford surgery fatal. I used a supplement stool softener until I had diarrhea really badly. I basically had the squirts. It was still extremely painful. I was groaning all the time. I asked God to fix it and He did.

That's why I know I'm correct in my beliefs. God doesn't perform miracles for those don't have enough faith in Him to surrender fully to Him and that includes believing His word rather than creating conflicts in scripture where none exist because we have a big enough ego to think we know better than He does.

That doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone else. I've lived in rebellion against God for too many decades of my life to think I'm any better than anyone else. I've been very self destructive for the vast majority of my life. God has even taken that away from me. He is a God of love that is beyond human comprehension. At least beyond my comprehension as I know without a doubt I'm not worthy of that kind of love.
Best testimony ever came across in my life, YESSS Just reading through your testimony is worth MORE than all Rothchilds $500T in Gold Bullion.
why?
God's Holy work in LIVING Miracles for TODAYYYYY NOWWW Is testimony as a forensic researcher in all things of God, confirms what I had a hunch about and did post a limited comment dealing exactly what you just express.
That correct understanding of the scriptures The Sabbath is saturday brings MIRACLES to that believer,, I had a hunch of this the other day, and BINGO you posted exactly what I need to further my forensic research.
I knew days leading up to the imminent out pouring, 2028 would be just like this, Miracles to those who listen for God's Voice, and not man made religion.
I knew God was doing new things as Oct 7 confirms .

so the Protestests, **well have we won you over to our doctrine on the sabbath,, as we have bombarded you with tons of scriptures that conclusively proves our dogma concerning the sabbath as Sunday...***
No
In fact
whats transpiring here makes me think of a fundamental concept of Jung that you guys are evincing in your efforts to overwhelm the opposition.
Of all allll the protestant doctrines/dogmas that I feel the most need to over turn is this Sabbath controvery. Eternal hell/trinity/church service/tithes/pastor monologue/Satan, who ishe, /ideas of antichrist etc etc.
Now why would the Sabbath controvery be of most interest for me to confront with all my energy???
bc if I can plant seeds in those who have never heard that maybe Sunday is a man made thing, NOT of God and that maybe its wrong, very wrong to follow the crowds to buildings ona Sunday and OK to work on saturday..well maybe a few later on in life,, might awaken that YES
I was once blind
But now I see
and this Sabbath error if shown to be man made will cause division and schism among the protestant ranks,,
Something they do not at all need right now, as they are grinding through the LGTBQ crisis.
Throw in the fact the Sabbath/Fellowship day is
saturday (NOT a Jewish thing)
well that will be the Ice Berg that sank the old Titanic event all over.
She'll go down to the bottom.
Its not a matter of IF
But when the old worn vessel will tank.
Read Gary's post above
I KNEW IT
Intuitions confirmed.
UNREALLL
These miracles shows 2028 will be something on the scale of the anabaptist out pouring 1520ish to say 1550ish, ck my dates.
My Q to you
'would you reconsider that maybe you might be in error??

You're "majoring in the minors," here. Or, to be more biblical, you're "straining at a gnat, but swallowing a camel" in this matter, ignoring the far greater command to love others

If you err on what day of the week is The Holy sabbath, how much would I trust your understanding/practice of carrying out the principle request from God
Agape love

The correct day being canceled by erronious doctrine passed down since that pagan guy Constintine,, past 1600 yrs,, leaves me to believe Agape as a daily authentic practice has never been part of any religious organization.
To get to agape, one MINNIMIA:L understanding is that saturday is still and FOREVER ,, ETERNAL (and you know I only believe God is eternal...command by God.
God never ever NEVER would alter that day to pagan sunday.
Sunday is paganpaganpagannnnnn
Its Gentile's day to socialize and ,,,gossip.
Onus is now on you on my above evidencial truths. = The Reality.
Not the make believe land of chrsitianityISMssss

Miraclessuch as in Gary's life
always
always
100% of the time
Precdes The Out Pouring
My calculation is 2028ish.
Google Out Pourings in america. = every 60 yrs,, to the day?? maybe. Does not matter if to the day, its all as in epochs/ greek idea of ages a time span.
This will be, if I am living, will be my 2nd experience of the Out Pouring
Late 1960's and now the late 2020's

Best testimony ever came across in my life, YESSS Just reading through your testimony is worth MORE than all Rothchilds $500T in Gold Bullion.
why?
God's Holy work in LIVING Miracles for TODAYYYYY NOWWW Is testimony as a forensic researcher in all things of God, confirms what I had a hunch about and did post a limited comment dealing exactly what you just express.
That correct understanding of the scriptures The Sabbath is saturday brings MIRACLES to that believer,, I had a hunch of this the other day, and BINGO you posted exactly what I need to further my forensic research.
I knew days leading up to the imminent out pouring, 2028 would be just like this, Miracles to those who listen for God's Voice, and not man made religion.
I knew God was doing new things as Oct 7 confirms .
I wouldn't do intellectual research on miracles. I would start asking God to change my life so He can work them in my life too.

I started working on an experiential relationship with God this last July or so. I claim His promises to change my life and heart at the beginning of every day.

The two I claim every morning are 1Corinthians 1: 30 and Ezekiel 36: 25 - 27 plus I ask for the Holy Spirit to change my life, my heart and my mind. I do this as soon as I wake up every morning before I even get out of bed.

The word translated as righteousness means justification in the Greek. And I specifically ask for the wisdom of God as I don't know what to tell people on my own. I need a far greater wisdom than I naturally possess. I need the wisdom of Jesus.

As to the promise in Ezekiel one thing I've learned is that a heart of flesh means to make my heart soft and pliable so God can mold into whatever He desires.

Please share the New Testament scriptures that instruct us as to specifically how the Church is to observe the sabbath under the New Covenant.

Here is how the children of Israel were instructed to observe the sabbath under the law of Moses.

Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15
Hello JLB, And how are you all? As Jesus has His Custom in Luke 4:16 aren't we as Christians supposed to do the same in the New Testament? in following His Steps.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Hello JLB, And how are you all? As Jesus has His Custom in Luke 4:16 aren't we as Christians supposed to do the same in the New Testament? in following His Steps.

Love, Walter And Debbie
Do you think God is angry at those who meet on Wednesday instead of Saturday or Sunday ?
I don't.

Do you think God is angry at those who meet on Wednesday instead of Saturday or Sunday ?
I don't.
I think you've missed my main point
Do no work on saturady,
If you do not want to fellowship for whatever reason on a sta, absoluetly no problem.
If you want to fellowship 7 days a week 24 hrs a day, thats ok too
If you do not want to fellowship any day, none, zero hours zero
Thats fine too, Just dont work on a saturady
Thats all I have been trying to say,
Guess I never wasa clear
I think the above is as clear as i can get. Fellowship 365 a yr
or zero hrs a year
No issue w me.
What i have issues w is working on a sat

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00