Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Will the Millennium Be Like?/

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Romans 8:34
Who is he that condemneth? It isChrist that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

I would see this (IMHO) as a present active operation going on now. There are a few minor tribulations in our lives. At the last trump the physical flesh will be changed. For a person to be saved (IMHO) we can present salvation as a done deal. I am a grafted in gentile, depending on the messiah's present finished work. Died for my sins according to the scriptures (which he opened to the disciples).

There must be differences among us to show those who are real. I seek to be one in the spirit with the body. As much as possible I live at peace with all men.

eddif

I Corinthians 15:25
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

Since this is an everlasting kingdom, (IMHO) the reign will continue till everlasting torment is applied. From his throne will the judgement come. Those waiting the judgement may be saved as though.by fire. The lambs book of life will be opened, and those written therein will inherit eternal life.

eddif

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Other translations use. (Waiting for)

During the wait I strive toward the prize of the high calling in Christ Jesus. If I confess my sins he is faithfully and just to forgive sins and cleanse from all unrighteousness. An active God in the midst of my waiting. (IMHO).

eddif

1. Christ was born King of the Jews.

Rom_10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Col_3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

2. Israel rejected their King-Messiah and crucified Him.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3. Christ is King (Lord) over every true believer today.
4. Therefore -- the Kingdom of God is within you.
5. Therefore the Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, joy (the fruits of the Holy Spirit in the believer)
Agree

6. Christ said my Kingdom is NOT of this world (first coming)

Christ did not say nor imply "first coming" that is mans conception He was rejected in part because He had not the appearance of a King... So many today are still wanting mans vision of a king..which rejects the King Jesus is... ( we read/understand the scriptures differently :) it does make for good discussion

7. Christ is now on His throne WAITING (at the behest of the Father) until He has put all enemies under His feet.
8. Christ will establish a real, physical, geographical Kingdom over every nation on earth, including Israel (second coming and beyond), after He has put all His enemies under His feet.
This statement gets to the heart of what i believe/think /feel ... by saying "Christ will establish a real," the implication is the Kingdom the Scriptures say is His Kingdom is not real...

1Co_15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Rom_10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Col_3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
These Scriptures are about the Church. This thread is about the Millenium.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
This Scripture is for the world today and for the Church Age. This thread is about the Millenium.

Christ did not say nor imply "first coming" that is mans conception
Let's see what Scripture says.
FIRST COMING (John 18:33-37)
33Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
34Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
35Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
SECOND COMING (Mt 26:62-65)
62And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
63But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
64Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
65Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
66What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.
The Lord was about to be crucified (first coming) yet He tells these men that He will be "coming in the clouds of Heaven" (second coming) "with power and great glory" (Mt 24:30).

This statement gets to the heart of what i believe/think /feel ... by saying "Christ will establish a real," the implication is the Kingdom the Scriptures say is His Kingdom is not real...
1Co_15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1. Today the Kingdom of God is REAL BUT SPIRITUAL (human hearts)
2. In the Millenium the Kingdom of God is REAL, PHYSICAL, GEOGRAPHICAL AND SPIRITUAL, with Christ in absolute control and Satan bound in the bottomless pit.

These Scriptures are about the Church. This thread is about the Millenium.

This Scripture is for the world today and for the Church Age. This thread is about the Millenium.

Let's see what Scripture says.
FIRST COMING (John 18:33-37)
33Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
34Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
35Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
SECOND COMING (Mt 26:62-65)
62And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
63But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
64Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
65Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
66What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.
The Lord was about to be crucified (first coming) yet He tells these men that He will be "coming in the clouds of Heaven" (second coming) "with power and great glory" (Mt 24:30).

2. In the Millenium the Kingdom of God is REAL, PHYSICAL, GEOGRAPHICAL AND SPIRITUAL, with Christ in absolute control and Satan bound in the bottomless pit.
I think, we are all talking about the Millenium age. It's just that some of us read the scriptures and see it differently than you do. :neutral

Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

I think, we are all talking about the Millenium age. It's just that some of us read the scriptures and see it differently than you do. :neutral
How can you "see it differently"?
1. The Bible is crystal clear that before the Millenial reign of Christ, Satan must be bound (Rev 20:1-3).
2. When Satan is bound, then sin and evil cannot be manifested on the earth, because Christ will rule "with a rod of iron" and Satan will be absent (Rev 19:5).
3. Since no one can deny that sin and evil not only exist today, but increase exponentially every day, Satan is still on the loose (1 Tim 5:15; 2 Tim 3:1-13).
4. Therefore we are certainly not in the Millenium, but in the Church Age.
5. Therefore the Scriptures for the Church Age are to be applied to the Church Age -- "rightly dividing the Word of truth" (2 Tim 2:15).

How can you "see it differently"?
1. The Bible is crystal clear that before the Millenial reign of Christ, Satan must be bound (Rev 20:1-3).
2. When Satan is bound, then sin and evil cannot be manifested on the earth, because Christ will rule "with a rod of iron" and Satan will be absent (Rev 19:5).
3. Since no one can deny that sin and evil not only exist today, but increase exponentially every day, Satan is still on the loose (1 Tim 5:15; 2 Tim 3:1-13).
4. Therefore we are certainly not in the Millenium, but in the Church Age.
5. Therefore the Scriptures for the Church Age are to be applied to the Church Age -- "rightly dividing the Word of truth" (2 Tim 2:15).
Yes,the Scriptures are crystal clear if they are taken literally.

2 Tim 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

This scripture says nothing about . "Therefore the Scriptures for the Church Age are to be applied to the Church Age"

Question: "What is the Church Age? Where does the Church Age fit in biblical history?"

Answer:
An “age” is an historical period of time or an era. Some historians divide human history into many epochs and name them according to their defining characteristics: Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age, Middle Ages, Modern Age, Postmodern Age, etc. Biblical history, too, can be divided into different eras. When those divisions emphasize God’s interaction with His creation, we call themdispensations. More broadly, biblical history can be divided into two periods, roughly following the division of Old and New Testaments: the Age of the Law and the Church Age.

The Church Age is the period of time fromPentecost(Acts 2) to theRapture(foretold in1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). It is called the Church Age because it covers the period in which the Church is on earth. It corresponds with the dispensation of Grace. In prophetic history, it falls between the 69th and 70thweeks of Daniel(Daniel 9:24-27;Romans 11). Jesus predicted the Church Age inMatthew 16:18when He said, “I will build my church.” Jesus has kept His promise, and His Church has now been growing for almost 2,000 years.

TheChurchis composed of those individuals who have by faith accepted Christ Jesus as their Savior and Lord (John 1:12;Acts 9:31). Therefore, the Church is people rather than denominations or buildings. It is theBody of Christof which He is the head (Ephesians 1:22-23). The Greek wordecclesia, translated “church,” means “a called-out assembly.” The Church is universal in scope but meets locally in smaller bodies.

The Church Age comprises the entire dispensation of Grace. “The law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ” (John 1:17). For the first time in history, God actually indwells His creatures, permanently and eternally. In other dispensations the Holy Spirit was always present and always at work, but He would come upon people temporarily (e.g.,1 Samuel 16:14). The Church Age is marked by the Holy Spirit’spermanent indwellingof His people (John 14:16).

Scripture makes adistinction betweenthe nation of Israel and the Church (1 Corinthians 10:32). There is some overlap because, individually, many Jews believe in Jesus as their Messiah and are therefore part of the Church. But God’s covenants with the nation of Israel have not yet been fulfilled. Those promises await fulfillment during theMillennial Kingdom, after the Church Age ends (Ezekiel 34;37;45;Jeremiah 30;33;Matthew 19:28;Revelation 19).

The Church Age will end when God’s people are raptured out of the world and taken to be with the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:51-57). The Rapture will be followed in heaven by theMarriage Supper of the Lamb(Revelation 19:6-9) as the Church, the Bride of Christ, receives her heavenly reward. Until then, the Church carries on in hope, exhorted to “stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain” (1 Corinthians 15:58).

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/church-age.html#ixzz3OSme52n5

Many people have different views of Scripture ...
Many sites offer different views of Scripture
Differences of thought and opinion make for good discussions...

Yes that is what it says ...Jesus said Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth

Reading this literally it says all power...
It does not only the power to tell you to go preach... Literally and very clear i say "all power"

Where does the Bible tell us we are in the "church age"?
Ephesians chapter 3:
1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Please notice:
1. There were other AGES in which the mystery of the Church was hidden (v 5)
2. This mystery was revealed to Paul for the CHURCH AGE (v 5 "now revealed")
3. The mystery was that both Jews and Gentiles would be IN THE SAME BODY (v 6)
4. This Body is called "the Church" (v 10).
5. This Dispensation is called "the Dispensation of Grace of God" (v 2).
So we can either call it "the Dispensation of Grace" or "the Church Age".

again an opinion .
You may well be correct, but at this time, i do not agree with your opinions and you dont agree with mine..

The mystery was that both Jews and Gentiles would be IN THE SAME BODY (v 6)

Yup and some folks want to divide them again.. i dont..

Literally and very clear it say "all power"
Today all power is being exercised by Christ to bring souls to Christ through the preaching of the Gospel.
During the Day of the Lord all power will be exercised by Christ to put all Christ's enemies under His feet.
During the Millenium all power will be exercised by Christ to rule and reign on this earth with a rod of iron.
For eternity all power will be handed back to God the Father by God the Son.

again an opinion .
You may well be correct, but at this time, i do not agree with your opinions and you dont agree with mine..
Unless you can provide us with Scripture which contradicts what has been presented, the Dispensation of Grace remains the Church Age.
Please provide Scripture to refute that. These are not matters of opinion.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back