Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

whatever you desire to have

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

What if you can have whatever you desire to have...say you can buy whatever you wish to buy - you have the money or power?

I think I will have a problem. There seems to be a kind of peace when you are limited to certain possibilities.

If I can purchase whatever I desire to have....obviously I will have a big problem.

Or could satisfaction come through having whatever we desire?

I think it could be a problem if money becomes an idol. I think the Lord is all we need. "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want" Psalm 23

Even in heaven we do not have access to everything. The devil wanted power...and this landed him where he is today.

What if you can have whatever you desire to have...say you can buy whatever you wish to buy - you have the money or power?

I think I will have a problem. There seems to be a kind of peace when you are limited to certain possibilities.

If I can purchase whatever I desire to have....obviously I will have a big problem.

Or could satisfaction come through having whatever we desire?

If I had the resources to obtain my hearts desire, it would never be enough. Because as soon as I got my hearts desire, my heart would desire something else.

Ecclesiastes 5
10 He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver;
Nor he who loves abundance, with increase.

This also is vanity.

Matthew 6
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

If you can have anything that you desire why come to God?You would think that you can rely on yourself.Kind of like a selfmade God.The more you have the more you want.A person is always seeking satisfaction.What is that satisfaction that people are seeking?

i dont want to be rich i have seen what money does to ppl. I only need enough to not freak out about bills and be able to do fun things sometimes. besides money cannot buy what im after

Why are people so afraid of having money, money is just a tool that the Lord blesses us with to meet our needs, to share with ours and yes even some of our desires.

People pray for children all the time because it's a desire of their heart. The Lord blesses them and they are gifted with gifts that cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. God's not stingy. :)

Why are people so afraid of having money, money is just a tool that the Lord blesses us with to meet our needs, to share with ours and yes even some of our desires.

People pray for children all the time because it's a desire of their heart. The Lord blesses them and they are gifted with gifts that cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. God's not stingy. :)
Money and the love of money is evil.It all depends on where our hearts are in regards to that money.

Money and the love of money is evil.It all depends on where our hearts are in regards to that money.

The Bible never says that money is evil. It says the love of money, greed, covenanting. Some people covenant money, they are greedy and don't want to share what the Lord has blessed them with.

What we consider today to be needs is not what the past generation would see as needs but more as comforts. Such as an indoor toilet, heat from something besides a tiny wood stove that when you wake up in the morning there isn't frost on the inside of your bedroom window. :cool2

Yup, you are right, it depends on where the heart is. And the Lord knows what each person can deal with and not be corrupted.

Which one of those says we cannot ask for the desires of our heart?
I did not say that you can not ask for desires of our heart.I was just saying it is best to ask for what we need not what we want.Should we ask God for a million dollars?

I did not say that you can not ask for desires of our heart.I was just saying it is best to ask for what we need not what we want.Should we ask God for a million dollars?

I think we should be honest with Him, He knows what is in our hearts anyway. Best to talk it over with Him.

I would say that with my oldest step child, her newest daughter cost the state half a million to keep alive.

The Bible never says that money is evil. It says the love of money, greed, covenanting. Some people covenant money, they are greedy and don't want to share what the Lord has blessed them with.

What we consider today to be needs is not what the past generation would see as needs but more as comforts. Such as an indoor toilet, heat from something besides a tiny wood stove that when you wake up in the morning there isn't frost on the inside of your bedroom window. :cool2

Yup, you are right, it depends on where the heart is. And the Lord knows what each person can deal with and not be corrupted.
within my wifes lifetime kids having air conditioning in school was considered a waste of tax payers money. today they don't bat and eye for that.

within my wifes lifetime kids having air conditioning in school was considered a waste of tax payers money. today they don't bat and eye for that.

lol. We just had friends here for a week from Indiana. One had visited many times, his cousin was new. Cousin asked, "Don't you have central air? No?!"
We live in the mountains, we have very few days in a year where we would use it. But if we lived in the heat and humidity of Indiana it would be a blessing.

lol. We just had friends here for a week from Indiana. One had visited many times, his cousin was new. Cousin asked, "Don't you have central air? No?!"
We live in the mountains, we have very few days in a year where we would use it. But if we lived in the heat and humidity of Indiana it would be a blessing.
I grew up without ac. I do prefer it, but I don't have to have eat but in that I like it, I don't see it as a greed if I do have ac. do keep in mind.florida not equal to Indiana with heat.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back