Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What's The Correct Terminology...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
for the exact opposite of a conspiracy theorist?

:biggrinunno

Rationalist

Conspiracy theorist use known information to draw on unknown information, thus "theory". The evidence that a conspiracy theorist uses always has a stopping point before a theory is drawn using the evidence. However, they often go even further to draw out more of their theories using their initial theory, and they build on that which is unknown. So at some point it's theory building on theory and so on until it becomes a sea of absurdity.

It's not just UFO's Bigfoot and Kennedy. It's been done quite often with religion as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rationalist

Aha. Ok. Makes sense. A bit of brain-lock this AM before the coffee kicked in, lol. :lol

theorist use known information to draw on unknown information, thus "theory". The evidence that a conspiracy theorist uses always has a stopping point before a theory is drawn using the evidence. However, they often go even further to draw out more of their theories using their initial theory, and they build on that which is unknown. So at some point it's theory building on theory and so on until it becomes a sea of absurdity.

...sounds like most of the sciences today. Theory upon theory. Could it be that life on earth itself is one big conspiracy? Everything almost is in question and theorized.

...sounds like most of the sciences today. Theory upon theory. Could it be that life on earth itself is one big conspiracy? Everything almost is in question and theorized.

I know what you mean. I try, and I teach my kids the same, to stick with what can be known. Our senses trick us. A lot of this life is an illusions, and I think we'd do well to know that, and not place a lot of faith in what can't be known.

You know, this idea of life as an illusion is very much in line with some of the great philosophical thinkers back in the day. Not that they discovered anything that others may not have thought as well, but men like Plato and Socrates and many others, realized that we are in a state of constant change, or flux. And, that we can not always trust what we see, hear, taste, touch or smell. This same thinking is very much alive in theology, when we consider our will and God's will. God is the same today as he was yesterday, or will be tomorrow, but we are not. God is, and we are simply "being".

The irony of man's "free will" is that he desires, by his own fallen nature, to trust in what he physically senses more so that what he does not, or can not. This is an oxymoron of the term "faith" as some might use it. The question should always be; "faith in what, and by what means". If we can't trust our senses and life is an illusions, what can we trust , how can we trust it and by what means?

So, since I can know two things, 1. that I am in constant flux and are simply "being" and 2. that God "is", I have no choice but to place my faith in that, and that alone, ultimately. Otherwise if I place my faith in what I can know physically, by my own senses, and those things are simply "being" in a state of constant change, then they are not real, and my faith is a joke. It's like cotton candy. But, if I place my faith in what "is" then my faith is not my own, but a part of what has, is, and always will be even if I can not perceive it, because I don't have to. All I have to do is apprehend it. This is not the deep end of rationalism, but the very foundation of it, of which no thinking person can escape without being fooled by an allusion (illusion) and victimized by some sort of conspiracy theory, regardless of how logical it might be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha. Ok. Makes sense. A bit of brain-lock this AM before the coffee kicked in, lol.

Without coffee, the world would stop spinning on it's axis. Nobody would be anointed of God, and there would be much more bloodshed on the streets from morning grouchies.

Mike.

Without coffee, the world would stop spinning on it's axis. Nobody would be anointed of God, and there would be much more bloodshed on the streets from morning grouchies.

Mike.
Just the opposite for me.

The rush from coffee makes me a dangerous person. I don't touch the stuff anymore. It's a counterfeit replacement for the inspiration of regular restful sleep and common sense stress control.

The rush from coffee makes me a dangerous person. I don't touch the stuff anymore. It's a counterfeit replacement for the inspiration of regular restful sleep and common sense stress control.

You are very much blessed.
You should send me an ebook on how to do it.

Just the opposite for me.

restful sleep and common sense? Without coffee? Is that even scriptural?

Mike.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back