Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What's wrong with this picture?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Relic

THIS NEEDS TO GO AROUND THE USA MANY TIMES SO -
KEEP IT GOING

What's wrong with this picture?

bowinprayerap3.jpg

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying. This incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. 'These are federal employees,' says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU , 'on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately'.< BIG>

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), 'Screw the ACLU.' GOD Bless Our Warriors, send the ACLU to France .

Please send this to people you know so everyone will know how stupid the ACLU is getting in trying to remove GOD from everything and every place in America . May God Bless America , One Nation Under GOD!

What's wrong with the picture?
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!
GOD BLESS YOU FOR
PASSING IT ON!
AMEN!

I am sorry but I am not breaking this one.....Let us pray

remembertheirsacrificeqz4.jpg

Prayer chain for our Military...please don't break it

THIS NEEDS TO GO AROUND THE USA MANY TIMES SO KEEP IT GOING.

Hello Relic:

That day we thought might never arrive, has indeed arrived - you and I agree on something!

In very brief compass, and although there are a lot complexities here, I believe that there is nothing wrong in principle with integrating "state and church". I think that western society has bought into the enlightenment idea that we "kick God upstairs" and "run things our own way down here".

God is ruler over all - not just our inner lives. He rules over our institutions as well. There are lots of important qualifiers I would go into if time allowed. But I do agree with what I discern in terms of the spirit of your post.

Except, perhaps, for the shot at the French - I kind of like them.... :)

I don't know, with Drew and Relic actually in agreement on something, I hate to pour water here but...

the story regarding the Marines and the ACLU is nothing more than email urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/marines.asp

Which isn't to say that the ACLU seems to have forgotten that the freedom to freely exercise our religion is one of our basic civil liberties. Frankly, I think the ACLU is one of the most fascist organizations out there.

And, also we do need to keep our Marines in prayer!

hooray! there is an agreement between Drew and I! :-D

Handy and vic. oops, I should have thought to check the email with the snopes. Sorry, :oops:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back