Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What's your entertainment philosophy?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
YouTube - ‪Nilanna's Channel‬‏

That's my youtube account for anyone who wants to see it. Only one requirement for watching my videos and that is FEEDBACK!! Drives me nuts when someone watches my videos and then doesn't tell me if I suck or not. :biggrin I have 4 new ones up so I'd suggest those first, one actually includes clips of most of my personal favorite TV shows. Just skip the Seussical ones, those I uploaded for the theater critics. The new ones I actually edited begin with the one with Requiem for a Dream.

I know it's a little off topic but when someone else showed their youtube videos, I just had to advertise! ;)

"Over the epitaph of this generation it will say ENTERTAINED TO DEATH." -Paul Washer

I'm not sure who Paul Washer is, but I do agree with his statement.

"Over the epitaph of this generation it will say ENTERTAINED TO DEATH." -Paul Washer

I'm not sure who Paul Washer is, but I do agree with his statement.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup:thumbsup

This isn't directed at anyone in particular - just a general statement. It seems some people place so much importance on movies and TV, they become as important as the real lives they are leading. But I guess I'm guilty too, because sometimes I have to put life on hold, because a football game is the most important thing happening on a given day.

The only show I actually stop everything I'm doing to watch is Doctor Who. I guess, since it's only on 13 weeks in a year, it's probably a good thing that's the only show I'll do that for.

My philosophy is tainted and slightly hypocritical in that I truly feel that the vast majority of what is offered as entertainment on TV and in movies is trash, YET I find myself often entrolled by the idiot box. I feel like Paul did in Romans 7.
Anyhow, the challenge I put to myself now is to not just try to keep the TV to a minimum, but also to find things to fill my mind and grab my attention that are pure, lovely, of good report, etc. Below is a thoughtful challenge christians should consider.

ew06c - A challenge for all believers, regarding something very important - ew06c.htm

I truly feel that the vast majority of what is offered as entertainment on TV and in movies is trash, YET I find myself often entrolled by the idiot box.

One thing I have to say is that I am glad we got rid of the satellite TV in favor of Netflix. Not only is it much, much cheaper, but with satellite, it seems that I would turn it on and watch any old thing...just because it was on.

With Netflix, I can really look at the choices and watch only what I really want to watch. I don't find myself just sitting there channel surfing until I find something "less awful".

:bigfrown dont think because one gives up the idiot box that i pray alot. nope, the flesh finds something else to replace its idiot feeding time. games or even here!

Netflix is great. No commercials, watch only what you want to watch, and if something offends you, click 1 star and Netflix will hopefully keep things like that away from its suggestions for you. Plus there are no commercials.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back