Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

where are you God?!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

found one

hi
im kinda old/new guy in the search for God
i lost the conection to god like in my childhod than was there drugs and a life without God in my life
i had a depresion and shizofrenia few years was hard and i am searching for God now again
when i was littel it was so good to be alive when God was with me but by my mistake i lost it all
so now i dont know where to find him,...i know that God is in my heart but im not in there any more
any iders how to find God again in my life???

p.s.:i am now afraid of going to chuch but dont know why :sad

so thx for all the help you all can give me... :)

Hi there Found One. You came to the right place. Lets make it simple. Go to a place where you can be alone with God, get down on your knees, if you can, Tell God what is on your heart. Ask the Lord to forgive you for wandering away. You must be willing to repent, which means to stop doing the things that you know God doesn't like. Tell the Lord that from now on, you'll try your best to follow Jesus and His commands. Surrender your life to Jesus, ask Him to renew a right spirit in you. Then thank Jesus for saving your soul, and thank Him for forgiving your wanderings, and just fall in love with Jesus all over again.

It's simple, pour out your heart to Jesus, and invite Him to take charge of your entire life as your Master.

God has always been there... He never ever left you but has been waiting on you to come back to Him. God does not leave us... we leave Him. I am so glad that you want to come back to the Father. Just run home into His arms! He is there waiting.

I believe that once our Lord Jesus forgives your sin by wandering away from Him, and you ask Jesus to be your Master Owner of your surrendered life, Church won't seem so fearful now....Go to Church on Sunday, and worship Jesus and from your heart, sing the worship songs, listen carefully to the message from the Pastor, and allow the joy of the Lord Jesus fill your heart.

thx for the help
i will try and do how you two told me
dont know why my heart is always crying (when i think on God)and 1,2,3 im again in my mind but i wona stay in my heart forever :sad

hi
i lost the conection to god like in my childhod than was there drugs and a life without God in my life
i had a depresion and shizofrenia few years was hard and i am searching for God now again
when i was littel it was so good to be alive when God was with me but by my mistake i lost it all
so now i dont know where to find him,...i know that God is in my heart but im not in there any more

Hello Brother,
You, at least, understand that you walked away from from God, that's most of the battle. The fear you're feeling is possibly the result of aq combination of two factors.
1. Satan's wanting to keep you out of God's service.
2. There are and there have been congregations that are legalistic to the point of extreme cruelty. It is possible you grew up seeing this, if not in your Church Family, in a friend's.

The short truth of this is that you have nothing to fear but fear itself. (I wish I had said that first.) God is tugging at your heart, pulling you away from the influence of Satan. In truth, you will learn much of God's nature, just, by reading the scriptures. I do not know if you are a prodigal or just lost but you you can, by yourself, answer that question.

The best way I know of is to read the Old Testament and if most of what you read makes no sense at all, you were never saved. If you read it and it teaches you new truths, you were a wayuward child of God and just need to return.

In my case, I grew up in a house full of atheists and was never saved, in the first place. But, before I went to Church to make my Public Profession, I was indwelt with the Holy Spirit and the scriptures were suddenly crystal clear. I ask only one thing of you, be cautious. Today, there are more churches than there are Churches and it can take a few visits before the truth can be seen. Find a Church that is not steeped in legalism and if the LOIRD gives you a peaceful heart about the place, stay there and learn more about His ways.

God bless little brother.

Hi there

You only human and it's nothing out of the ordinary if you have drift away from God, it's more important that you find your way back to God.

No need to be scared of going to church, you have no reason to shy away or be afraid. We are all on the same journey to God, we all make mistakes.

When things tend to go wrong in my life and I face difficult times, I also tend to wonder where is God. But he is there and will always be there, my best advice is just to pray and surround yourself with positive people. Look back at tough times in your life when things just seemed so unbearable and you thought like giving up, God gave you that strength to carry on and to carry you, without you even knowing it. It's all about Faith and just ask God for guidance and count your blessings.

When I'm feeling down or uncertain, I read teatimonials about people who have found there way back to God, I find it inspiring.

I also feel God is where we want him to be and how we prioritize him in our life. Do we make time for prayer and live the life he wants us to live? The ball is in our court, you just have to let him in.

hi im kinda old/new guy in the search for God:)
Boy I have got a word for you, dear heart. This is a quote from a sermon given by Charles Spurgeon in 1898, #2569

"Now we follow with this next verse which is intended to show yet more the goodness of God towards backsliders when they return to Him, or, if you like, towards sinners when, for the first time, they approach His feet. On this occasion I intend mainly to speak to those who have lost a sense of God’s love. Perhaps there may have strayed in here some who were once professors, but they are not professors, now—some who were once members of a Christian Church, but no Christian Church would acknowledge them, now. Once they could, perhaps, speak to others in Christ’s name, but they would be afraid to say a word for Jesus now, for they have gone far astray from Him. The message of infinite mercy to such people is, “Return, you backsliding children!” Come back, come home to your God! There is no other place of rest for you in the whole world—you will be as a bird that wanders from its nest. Sinners may rest content in their sin, for as yet they know no better, but you are disqualified even for that! You have so much knowledge still left and so much of conscience still remains that you are spoiled for this world, spoiled for the pleasures of sin, spoiled for all confidence except the one confidence which you used to have in Christ Jesus your Lord. There is no alternative for you but to return, for you cannot go elsewhere. Therefore, come home to your first Husband—that is God’s own metaphor—for it was better with you then, than now!
Oh, that the blessed Spirit would now allure you, draw you apart, get you alone with Christ and speak comfortably to you! While He is doing that, permit me to tell you something, first, concerning restored blessings.“I will give her vineyards from there.” Then, next, concerning revived hopes.“I will give her the Valley of Achor for a door of hope.”And then, thirdly, concerning renewed songs. “She shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.”

Jer 3:12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.
Jer 3:13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD.
Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Don't be afraid, God loves you. You don't have to make any promises to Him, He knows your heart. But tell Him the truth and ask Him to help you be the person He wants you to be and thank Him for who He is, Lord and Savior.
:pray

Welcome new one!
I too walked away from the Lord at one time, and as others stated above He is right there waiting for your return. Waiting to shower you with His loving presence. Keep moving forward and allowing yourself to think about God more often!
Be blessed in all that you do!

Welcome My Brother New One,
All I see is the Father waiting and watching for you to "COME ON BACK HOME" just like the story of the prodical son.....The fateth calf awaits brother.........Lets eat
Jim

ty for the posts i will try to go to church this weekend i think tomorow...
i hope i will have the strenght to go in there

hi

found one,
I do not know how long you were a believer before you stumbled into darkness, but I am going to assume that you were still a babe in Christ, is this correct? I ask because many do not understand that just as soon as the Lord Jesus was baptized, the first thing that happened was that the Spirit led Jesus into his wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Matt 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
KJV
We all must walk in this same wilderness to learn how to walk in the Spirit to be overcomers of the lusts of our flesh so that the devil can not tempt us. That is what carrying our cross is all about. We must learn how to cross over from walking in death led of our flesh, to walking in the life led of the Spirit.
This is what happened to you, you did not have a shepherd to help keep you in line with The Word of God(the Rod) that keeps us on the straight and narrow road that leads us to life and life more abundantly. And because you did not know the Voice of God(The Word) ,because you had no good shepherd to guide, you were enticed to wander off the straight path of Light, to the outer paths of darkness where fire, torment, heat and wild beasts(the ungodly)keeps you living in the low life area in the dust of the earth (dry places being without the living water of the Word), keeping you far from the kingdom of God that is up in the high life(honorable, integrity, godly character) for God’s blessings to flow.
Now that you understand and want to return to the Father:
All you need to do is repent in sincerity with the desire for change within and ask God to give you the Holy Spirit and an appetite for His Word and begin to feed your spirit that brings life unto the eater.
God does not desire sacrifice, but mercy. Meaning He is not wanting to punish us in affliction, He hopes that we would desire Him to help change us within to be pleasing unto Him. For His ways are good for us and He wants His children to live a good life.
Just repent and let God hear your words of regret that you walked away in your temptation, then get back in line and follow Christ and don’t let the devil tempt you to walk away from being faithful to God’s Word/The Son any further.
If you do fall short as we all do, but should not be intentional, dust off those skinned knee’s while you are down there, Look up, repent and reach out for the Father hand to help lift you back up till you learn how to spiritually walk in His Word no longer as a babe able to be tempted, but as a son who has grown up to walk with God and is fully armed with the spiritual Word of God which is our sword of the Spirit, to fight the good fight of faith. Jesus knew how to whip out his sword in his mouth when the devil tempted him, Each time he said “ It is written” and let the devil have it. God is able to strengthen you in His Word so eventually you won’t be deceived.
Does this sound familiar?
Lam 3:18 And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD:
19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.
20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.
21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
KJV

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back