Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Where do we go when we die?

Where do I go at death?

• hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pergatory

• limbo

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Could it be better than an educated guess?
Paul said when Jesus comes back the ones that remain (those alive on the earth) will be taken up and then the dead will follow.
This clearly means bodily.
No, I don’t think the dead will be resurrected bodily. As Paul says in 1 Cor 15:50-54, we will all be changed whe we put on a new, incorruptible body. That body, I believe Paul is clearly telling us, will be completely spiritual in nature, because the physical cannot enter Heaven.

I agree with that too :) .

That is one I am on the fence about . :couch
LOL
I think you don't have to hide behind the couch.
It does fit in with Christian theology regarding the accessibility to heaven, and Jesus did use names,,,why would He if He didn't for other parables?
Any ideas?

No, I don’t think the dead will be resurrected bodily. As Paul says in 1 Cor 15:50-54, we will all be changed whe we put on a new, incorruptible body. That body, I believe Paul is clearly telling us, will be completely spiritual in nature, because the physical cannot enter Heaven.
Yes, we don't agree on this.
We will be spiritual in nature upon death.

At the resurrection, we will receive a glorified body which will be recognizable but will be different, incorruptible, as you stated.

At that point, won't we be in the New Jerusalem, or the New Earth where the lamb will lie with the lion?

Yes, we don't agree on this.
We will be spiritual in nature upon death.

At the resurrection, we will receive a glorified body which will be recognizable but will be different, incorruptible, as you stated.

At that point, won't we be in the New Jerusalem, or the New Earth where the lamb will lie with the lion?
No, we will not be. If you look at the chronology of Rev 20 & 21, we are given new spiritual bodies, then there is the wedding celebration of the Lamb to the Church (aka; the 1000 years), then the Judgement, then the new Jerusalem. The resurrection and our receiving new bodies come way before the new Jerusalem.

No, we will not be. If you look at the chronology of Rev 20 & 21, we are given new spiritual bodies, then there is the wedding celebration of the Lamb to the Church (aka; the 1000 years), then the Judgement, then the new Jerusalem. The resurrection and our receiving new bodies come way before the new Jerusalem.
I don't understand about the thousand years.
I don't think all of revelation is literal.

I don't understand about the thousand years.
I don't think all of revelation is literal.
A lot of Revelations is figurative. But there is a lot to be gained from reading and studying it none the less. We know from 1 Cor 15 that we will be raised to new, spiritual, incorruptible bodies. We know from Rev 20 that the righteous will be in heaven for the wedding celebration of the Lamb to the Church that will last 1000 years (a long time), and after that the evil dead will be raised and God will sit in judgement over everyone who has ever lived. The evil ones will go to eternal torment, and the righteous will go to the New Jerusalem which is in Heaven to be in paradise for eternity.

Rev 19 is about the end of the war. Rev 21 is about the new home of the righteous. Rev 20 is about the blessing of the righteous and the condemnation of the wicked.

I never doubted that when I die I would go to heaven.
Once I became "born again" I began eternal life with God.
Some day the body dies but I go on to be with God.
I won't have a body.
I won't have a mind to communicate as I do now.
I won't have my senses as I know them.
But I will be in communion with God the moment I die and forever more.
To know and understand this comes from the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life.

2 Timothy 2:11; "It is a trustworthy statement. For if we died with him, we will also live with him".

Some people will think my statement of faith is OSAS, and then they will argue that.
Those of you who do not know if they will be with God when they die, it is you I want to hear from the most.
There is a clear order of events.
Life lived, the sleep of death, the resurrection, judgement, and God coming to dwell with man on a new earth.

For this to be true, you do not go from death to heaven, because that implies no giving of account or fair reconning, just a pass or fail immediate upon leaving this earth.

In a sense the resurrection is for all, either to the second death or to life eternal.
The missing part is everyones bodies will have gone, so all will have to be clothed in a body.
Some believe this eternal body will either be for torture for all eternity or to be with the Lord.

Paul encourages the disciples not to judge each other because the Father will judge all at the end.
For this to be true, as passing through fire, there must be a waiting for the end of the age.

But for us it will be a waking up, in an instant, because time is only known if you are awake to see
it pass. So in a sense we wake to heaven and our Lord. God bless you

There is a clear order of events.
Life lived, the sleep of death, the resurrection, judgement, and God coming to dwell with man on a new earth.

For this to be true, you do not go from death to heaven, because that implies no giving of account or fair reconning, just a pass or fail immediate upon leaving this earth.

In a sense the resurrection is for all, either to the second death or to life eternal.
The missing part is everyones bodies will have gone, so all will have to be clothed in a body.
Some believe this eternal body will either be for torture for all eternity or to be with the Lord.

Paul encourages the disciples not to judge each other because the Father will judge all at the end.
For this to be true, as passing through fire, there must be a waiting for the end of the age.

But for us it will be a waking up, in an instant, because time is only known if you are awake to see
it pass. So in a sense we wake to heaven and our Lord. God bless you
What you are saying is that we are not saved right now.
No one is.
Therefore, God has no people on Earth today or ever until your so-called resurrection.

I am sure WE WILL BE WITH HIM! To die is to be forever With Him if you are SAVED.
1 Peter 3:18-19 NKJV
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, [19] by whom also He went and preached(proclaimed) to the spirits in prison(captive in Abrahams Bosom),
In Prison or Keeping Watch?
For What were they watching?
Did Jesus Preach or Proclaim that the watching was complete?

1 Peter 3:18-19 NKJV
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, [19] by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,
1Pe 3:19
ἐν... ᾧ...... καὶ τοῖς...........ἐν............Φυλακή........πνεύμασιν πορευθεὶς ....κήρυξεν
In Which Also To The In Rest Keeping Watch Spirits ........Having Gone He Proclaimed..
  • They were watching for the Promise of the redeemer.
  • WE know that He took or led the ones “Captive” in Abrahams Bosom to be with Him forever.
  • Thus it seems He went to Paradise to Proclaim the fulfillment of the Promise of redemption.
Φυλακή - Transliteration: Phulake - Phonetic: foo-lak-ay'
  • 1. guard, watch
  • a. a watching, keeping watch
  • 1. to keep watch
b. persons keeping watch, a guard, sentinels
c. of the place where captives are kept, a prison.

Also Just a thought.
He took all the SIN of all the WORLD upon Himself. HE DIED to PAY THE DEBT OF THAT SIN!
Does it not stand to reason He would go to where sin was Punished to deposit that Load of Sin where it now belonged.
OH! THE LOVE OF MY JESUS IN ALL HE DID FOR ME!!

Back