Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Where does God want me?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

John

I went back to Nova Scotia in Nov 2009 after spending 6 months in Jasper Alberta because there was absolutely no work in my dieing town. I stayed in NS for 4 months while i lived of my credit card and any under the table jobs i could find. In the end i had to sell my drums, jeep and most of my firearms to stay afloat. I then went back to Jasper Alberta and had a decent job as a security guard, but after 26 days i got fired because i had a bear banger device on my person while at work (bear bangers are non leathel, non illegal animal deterrents)

I bought a truck the day before i got fired so you can see how unexpected my dismissal was.

Anyway i was homeless because the job had staff accommodation and once fired i had 24 hours to vacate. I went to a church and made some friends and they let me stay at the church while i looked for more work.

7 days later i got a call from a near by town called Hinton. The job was maintenance at a Canadian tire store. I got a apartment (because hinton has a greater housing market then Jasper.) I crunched the numbers and found out that it would take a bout a year before i would be able to ship my GSD to the new place. I was then to find out that the job was actually a janitor...not maintenance, I hated this job more then any other i have ever had.

Needless to say i was in a state of severe depression and was experiencing something called Hyperviligeance coupled with stress related fatigue. So i went to see a psychiatrist on Friday after spending 2 hours at work. She confirmed what i thought i had and gave me a note to bring to work. After my session i brought the note to work and took the rest of the day off to calm down.

About 2 hours later my boss called and fired me because "I was making other employees uncomfortable" :o

I am still pending a civil court hearing because he fired me due to my depression and psychiatrist visit.

Regardless, i am now deeper in dept then i have ever been, i am jobless and i will not be able to stay in the apartment in 2 weeks because i will not be able to pay rent. I have been looking for work in this town for 1 year and the CT job was the only one i ever found so finding a job now in this 2 week deadline is almost nil.

On top of all this I've lost my phone because i cannot pay the bill. So even if a job wanted to hire me they have no way to contact me other then email but i am not holding my breathe.

I have only 400$ Which is enough to buy me a plane ticket back home and that is it, but what is the point going back home? I'd have no job, no truck and I'd still owe lots. The only difference would be I'd have my dog and a place to stay.

So i am at a stand still right now, i have my truck up for sale and if i can't get a job in 1 weeks time i will be leaving again.

I am going insane i think.

I will be praying for you, John ...
I am very sorry to hear of so much troubles you had been going through... :crying :crying :crying

The Bible says that God will deliver the righteous from all our troubles ...

Psalm 34:17-19
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.

Psalm 50:15
Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.â€

I pray that God will send the right people into your life to help you. I pray that God will heal you of depression and fatigue and restore your health. I pray that God will also restore everything that the devil has attempted to kill, steal and destroy from you -- your health, your jobs, joy and peace, money and sanity. The devil is wreaking havoc and having a field day in your life but its control over you must now cease in Jesus' Name. I pray that God will keep you strong during this difficult time and you will not lose faith. I pray that Angels of the Lord will surround you and protect you. I pray that God will miraculously and supernaturally open doors of new job opportunities for you that the devil will never be able to steal from you.. I pray that God will always guide you in the right directions and lead you to go to the right places and do the right things, and that God's favors will be with you everywhere you go and with everyone you meet.

Take care, and hang in there, John.... God loves you dearly, and so do we !!

.... :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

If I were you I'd go back home for a little while. It would let you get your feet back on the ground, and you'd have some support. I'll pray for you. :thumb

Back