Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where has Pizza been?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Pizza

(The title alone illustrates that I ask the best questions. :) )

I moved into my new position January 3. I went from field technician to applications engineer. WOW what a different world my work days are now. Im no longer on a jet plane every week, instead I sleep in my own bed at night - and that has been wonderful.

I did manage to contribute at work, I spent much of the past two weeks trying to find a problem that I customer has claimed they have. Well, I finally found it and am now preparing a report to send to our engineers in Japan so they can also duplicate the complaint and then find a fix for it.

But, other than that, I'm being paid to learn. I have TONS to learn in only a few months, in fact, I had to sit down with one of my college math books and brush up on stuff in preparation for a training class this Friday.

I will be absent for some time, I do believe.

Where has Pizza been?

Right where it's been since last Friday night where I fell asleep watching NetFlix.

cold-leftover-pizza-slices-messy-delivery-box-51921461.jpg

So I'm still wondering if they are going to distribute the slides from our training this week. The engineer leading the training threw the polynomial at us that he used to calculate... (well, I can't say what cause that is not for publication outside the company, yet). Anyway, the presenter was a Japanese engineer and he went kinda fast at that point - so most of us missed the specifics, or at least I did. But I did understand much of what was presented - it all left me with questions - to which I am looking for answers online. So, when was the last time someone threw a polynomial at you at work?

pol·y·no·mi·al
ˌpäləˈnōmēəl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    consisting of several terms.
noun
MATHEMATICS
  1. 1.
    an expression of more than two algebraic terms, especially the sum of several terms that contain different powers of the same variable(s

I"m so lovin my new job. I feel like a first grader many days, but that's ok.

I'm learning. And I got a raise when I changed titles..... :)

pol·y·no·mi·al
ˌpäləˈnōmēəl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    consisting of several terms.
noun
MATHEMATICS
  1. 1.
    an expression of more than two algebraic terms, especially the sum of several terms that contain different powers of the same variable(s
I do know math a lot better then what is implied by my posts.

x^2+ x+c is a parabola.

So, as if I was not busy enough, I"m writing a play.
Yea, never did THAT before. Never even THOUGHT of such a thing. I simply feel as tho the Lord has laid it on my heart to do this.

The concept is of a play our youth group can do as a fundraiser for their missions trip this summer. It will be the story of Kevin, a teenager in a Christian home - he, unlike his parents and sister, does not accept that Jesus is the Savior.

This will be the darkest play ever presented in church (if it is indeed presented at all) - you see, Kevin dies without knowing the Lord. In fact, that is act four of four acts. He dies. After a short life of rejecting the Lord, he dies suddenly. The play then ends - and that's it, except for our pastor getting up and speaking a few minutes after

- that's it. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. Go home everyone.

Back