Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where is the best place to find a wife?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Dave Slayer said:
Where is the best place to find a wife? What would be Biblical? Believe it or not, some have told me to go to the clubs or the bars. I find that unBiblical. So what really is Biblical?

Dating sites are pathetic. Most charge money and burn a hole through your wallet, and usually all for nothing because usually no one ever responds on a dating site. The ones who do, are always automated spammers or lead you to it, so they can advertise some stupid web cam site and try to get you to pay. Going to church is also usually not a good place to look for girls. Most of the girls in church are already taken by someone. In all honesty, the best place to meet girls, in my experience, is through friends. Go to hangouts, small kickbacks or partys, but keep in mind if you go to certain kinds of partys then the girls there are probably not looking for anything serious or long-term.

Take up a hobby, one that contains wholesome people. This way you meet a lot of people of both sexes. I recommend dance. My life changed completely after I started taking salsa classes. I have met and dated more Christian women there than anywhere else, including the church. Dance also has many great side benefits. Asking a girl to dance is the best ice breaker in the world. Becoming reasonably proficient at it gives you enormous self confidence. And surprisingly you learn a GREAT DEAL about the opposite sex, and your own sex too. I learned far more about women by dancing with them than I did by dating them. Seriously. Also, if you are a shy guy, taking a dance class will teach you to be more confident. Interracting with the instructor alone will bring this out of you.

And you can learn a great deal about a specific person by paying attention to how they dance. Are they bossy? Overbearing? Controlling? Or are they gentle? Considerate? Polite? If a guy dances for himself and treats his partner like a plaything, then he will probably be a selfish boyfriend. If a girl is incapable of giving up the lead on the dance floor and constantly back-leads, that gives the guy an indication about what kind of a girlfriend she will be. Truly, you can learn a lot about someone by dancing with them.

Incidentally, a lot of girls I dance with have big crushes on me. It's because they can tell that I am a sweet guy who is a capable leader, both on the dancefloor and off.

There's no better place to find a wife than on your knees! After a long time of trying to make things work with a few different Christian ladies and forcing the issue, I realized that I just needed to become a friend to ladies I was interested in and nothing more. I also decided to abandon all human effort to find a wife and leave this in God's hands; He knows who's best suited to you, even if she lives halfway around the world.

If you really want to read the great and very inspiring story of how my wife and I met, rather than creating a monster-long post, check out this post on my blog - you'll have to scroll down the page to "EXAMPLE 2". It's a great example of how will God work wonders only when we let Him, only when we get our sticky fingers off a situation!

You are right former. I didn't have my eyes open to who my wife was, she was on my college campus, until i got serious about wanting God's will and not mine. :amen

Back