Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Where things are with me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Papa Zoom

CF Ambassador
Many of you know me from my former days as a moderator here and now as an ambassador to CF. It's now been two years since I've been consistently active. Two years. That's how long it's been since my wife Nancy died.

It's been a difficult journey with lots of new challenges entering in. Nancy died Aug 4 2018. So it's now been just over two years. A lot has happened.
*I'm still in Arizona taking care of my 97 year old mom. It's not going well for a number of reasons.
*I sold our home of 30 years back in October and just now bought a much smaller home in Washington State. Right next door to my daughter. I'm not sure when I get to move back home as I've much to do here.
*I suffer from migraines and for some reason Arizona isn't good for me. Especially in the summer. What was once an occasional headache is now many times a month. Sometimes I'll have three days in a row of migraines. I have medicine and it works but for some reason they return. I occasionally got them in Washington State and hope to get back there soon.
*I'm now working on getting my mom's affairs in order and getting her settled into an assisted living facility. The money is there for this so that's a blessing. My sister lives here in AZ so will keep tabs on mom in the facility. It's right across from the church mom attends and she likes that.
There's more I could share but that's enough. I share this to say that in spite of the difficult road I'm on, God is faithful and is teaching me many things. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

The thing is, everybody has a story of hardship and challenges they've faced in life. That fact doesn't make our challenges less difficult. But it can remind us that just like we need prayer in our circumstances, we need to be mindful of the need others have for prayers as well.

I wish you all well. I can use prayer that God will give me wisdom and patience as I navigate the maze of tasks in dealing with my mother's situation. There's much to do.

If you have a story or need prayer, share it. God is faithful and we are His workers.

Papa

Lovely to see you here Papa Zoom. Your life has changed dramatically. You certainly sound very busy still.
Hope your mom settles in smoothly.
Will praying for even more wisdom and patience for you and also for those migaines to disappear

Lovely to see you here Papa Zoom. Your life has changed dramatically. You certainly sound very busy still.
Hope your mom settles in smoothly.
Will praying for even more wisdom and patience for you and also for those migaines to disappear
I think the migraines have to do with the different pollen here and maybe other factors. I went home to Washington State for two weeks and had zero headaches. :/

Many of you know me from my former days as a moderator here and now as an ambassador to CF. It's now been two years since I've been consistently active. Two years. That's how long it's been since my wife Nancy died.

It's been a difficult journey with lots of new challenges entering in. Nancy died Aug 4 2018. So it's now been just over two years. A lot has happened.
*I'm still in Arizona taking care of my 97 year old mom. It's not going well for a number of reasons.
*I sold our home of 30 years back in October and just now bought a much smaller home in Washington State. Right next door to my daughter. I'm not sure when I get to move back home as I've much to do here.
*I suffer from migraines and for some reason Arizona isn't good for me. Especially in the summer. What was once an occasional headache is now many times a month. Sometimes I'll have three days in a row of migraines. I have medicine and it works but for some reason they return. I occasionally got them in Washington State and hope to get back there soon.
*I'm now working on getting my mom's affairs in order and getting her settled into an assisted living facility. The money is there for this so that's a blessing. My sister lives here in AZ so will keep tabs on mom in the facility. It's right across from the church mom attends and she likes that.
There's more I could share but that's enough. I share this to say that in spite of the difficult road I'm on, God is faithful and is teaching me many things. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

The thing is, everybody has a story of hardship and challenges they've faced in life. That fact doesn't make our challenges less difficult. But it can remind us that just like we need prayer in our circumstances, we need to be mindful of the need others have for prayers as well.

I wish you all well. I can use prayer that God will give me wisdom and patience as I navigate the maze of tasks in dealing with my mother's situation. There's much to do.

If you have a story or need prayer, share it. God is faithful and we are His workers.

Papa
praying

Papa, your strength and faith are strong. I have missed seeing you around here and have been thinking of you. I hope and pray for healing from your pain.
I've made progress thanks to God. My present situation is very challenging. My mother is resisting an assisted living residence. But I cannot stay in Arizona. Something in the air disagrees with me and I get clusters of migraines with frequency. Plus I miss family (grandkids) at home. My sister lives here but mom refuses to let she and her husband live here because of a perceived problem with brother in law (he's a kind and loving Christian man.) Mom may have the onset of dementia. Lots of stuff to do to get mom's affairs in order. She's hard of hearing and her sight is terrible.

I just have to plow through and keep faith that God has a plan. He certainly knows the outcome. I'm trying hard to be still but..,,, ;)

God bless

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back