Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Which is which?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Which is the right word or expression to use: girlfriend/boyfriend or female friend/ male friend or just 'friend' and not specifying gender?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you go by the true meaning of boyfriend or girlfriend thing (let's say the individuals involved are not dating), you have: 'a male or a female having a romantic relationship with the opposite sex'. 'Boyfriend' or 'girlfriend' is just a single word, and is different from 'girl friend' or 'boy friend' (inwhich both expressions are two different words, meaning: 'a friend identified on sex/gender basis).
We know the activities that could take place in such a romantic relationship!
By this context, is it right for a christian to say I have a boyfriend/ girlfriend or even need one?
Remember what the bible says about immorality. I AM NOT GENERALISING

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
There seems to be two different issues now: having a boyfriend or girlfriend and the choice of word!
So, what can we say for both cases from a christian point of view, and from any other view?

I know a male and a female could be great friends and no sexual relationship involved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back