Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Which translation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
NIV for its simple clarity but straight to YLT if I want to get a better idea of what was written in the original language.

I'm currently reading NKJV but am thinking of trying one the pastor mentioned last week that I have promptly forgotten the name of ... and he normally preaches from the NKJV

I'm currently reading NKJV but am thinking of trying one the pastor mentioned last week that I have promptly forgotten the name of ... and he normally preaches from the NKJV

faericat:

NKJV is pretty reliable, I think.

(Maybe he meant the ESV: English Standard Version?)

Blessings.

faericat:

NKJV is pretty reliable, I think.

(Maybe he meant the ESV: English Standard Version?)

Blessings.

No, it wasn't that. It was something living I think. Dunno. I'll have to remember it at some point I think.

I do like the NKJV, but sometimes you have to really scratch your head at what they're saying.

No, it wasn't that. It was something living I think. Dunno. I'll have to remember it at some point I think.

I do like the NKJV, but sometimes you have to really scratch your head at what they're saying.

faeriecat:

Like it's the New King James, but at times still not new enough?

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a NKJV, but like faeriecat said, I'd like to have something a bit easier to read sometimes.

Yeah. Sometimes in SS I'll lean over and look at my boyfriend's NIV bible. Sometimes we'll also have folks read from all the versions in our SS class to hear the different words used that mean the same thing, to further clarify.

My favorite one is the New International Version.
I think I have a New King James version as well, but I don't use that one as much.

I read NIV, it's easy to read and understand. In prison I was given a NLT I think,which was an annotated study version. Very good version indeed.

I'veth triedeth witheth the NKJV and KJV and it totally dousteth in mine headeth.

I read NIV, it's easy to read and understand. In prison I was given a NLT I think,which was an annotated study version. Very good version indeed.

I'veth triedeth witheth the NKJV and KJV and it totally dousteth in mine headeth.

Paul: Actually I think the NKJV has eliminated some of these word endings. It's been a while since I looked, mind.

I have a NKJV and I recently downloaded an app with a lot of translations. I started reading through some that I recognized from these posts and I've come to find I prefer NKJV but like having NIV and other modern translations on my phone to reference to. I also like having KJV every once in a while, but it is hard to read.

NKJV did take off the "eth"s and such. I'm 26 and haven't read much of the Bible yet and it's my preference.

I have a NKJV and I recently downloaded an app with a lot of translations. I started reading through some that I recognized from these posts and I've come to find I prefer NKJV but like having NIV and other modern translations on my phone to reference to. I also like having KJV every once in a while, but it is hard to read.

NKJV did take off the "eth"s and such. I'm 26 and haven't read much of the Bible yet and it's my preference.

Kaileymarie:

One of the advantages of the NKJV is that it is a formal version meaning that it does try to follow the underlying languages closely, and so word by word study can be accurate; but also, especially for those not thoroughly familiar with the King James's older verb endings, it has eliminated these to some extent.

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back