Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who are "God's Chosen People"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have been wondering much with the growth of Christian Zionists and the belief of present day Israel as God's fulfillment of prophesy exactly who is "God's Chosen People". As I understand it, many Christians leaving Europe for America back during the founding years believed themselves to be "chosen people" and America to be the New Israel. Further, to them, the true covenant with God was through acceptance of Jesus as Christ and Jews were sinners who needed to be converted. Now, however, secularists have declared it to be "racist" to believe you are of the "chosen people" if you accept Jesus. That same standard doesn't apply apparently if you are Jewish and reject Jesus as a fraud. Yet, we do know that the first Christians and Jesus himself came from the seed of David and the tribes of Israel. So how is it that Christians cannot be "Chosen People" or is this just more manipulation and persecution of the secular entities that are constantly attacking Christianity at present?

I have been wondering much with the growth of Christian Zionists and the belief of present day Israel as God's fulfillment of prophesy exactly who is "God's Chosen People". As I understand it, many Christians leaving Europe for America back during the founding years believed themselves to be "chosen people" and America to be the New Israel. Further, to them, the true covenant with God was through acceptance of Jesus as Christ and Jews were sinners who needed to be converted. Now, however, secularists have declared it to be "racist" to believe you are of the "chosen people" if you accept Jesus. That same standard doesn't apply apparently if you are Jewish and reject Jesus as a fraud. Yet, we do know that the first Christians and Jesus himself came from the seed of David and the tribes of Israel. So how is it that Christians cannot be "Chosen People" or is this just more manipulation and persecution of the secular entities that are constantly attacking Christianity at present?

There's no shortage of threads about chosen people on this board and other Christian boards. The bible teaches there are chosen of race (genealogy, i.e. Israel) and there are chosen of grace (faith in Jesus Christ). I believe in both no matter how hard replacement theologians try to contort my words into claiming I'm saying that the former is saved.

The first of race is earthly, physical for the purpose of God (i.e. earthly blessings) to bring the latter, grace. There are those that say that since the former have in effect "done their job" (or lack thereof) that they (Israel) doesn't matter any longer. Only those of grace count in God's eyes.

While I agree that all must have grace to be spiritually saved, I disagree that the former chosen of race are ignored, and God (for want of a better term) is feverishly working to have them saved, and in addition will save them as well so that they become not only chosen of race, but of grace.

Also, I believe many of the chosen of race became dispersed (as in the lost tribes) and became Gentile, but still with the racial (earthly) blessings and indeed accepted the gospel, so many from Israel are also saved. The Jews are the ones that mainly held to their OT ways, not the Israelites. But God definitely wants the earthly chosen to become part of the heavenly chosen as well as there are no shortage of verses where God SPECIFICALLY addresses the house of Israel and the house of Judah claiming that one day they would have a new covenant. Likewise, after Christ did his atoning work, the apostle Paul mentions excessively in Romans 9-11 regarding the same thing about Israel.

I don't know how much clearer I can make it than what I just stated, but I think I'll make some popcorn now and watch the show because history attests that threads like this become long and drawn out as people put Preterist or replacement theology spins to what the bible teaches and will argue my straightforward answer as to who are chosen.

Israel is the chosen People...

The problem is, after Israel (10 nortern tirbes) came out of captivity from the Assyrians they traveled over the Caucus Mountains settling in the Americas, Britian, England exc.

When they settled they started calling themselves Christians (gentiles) forgetting that they are Israel and can be traced right back to Abraham..

See the link below for more detail concerning...

http://www.biblestudysite.com/migrationmap.htm

From an old thread;

AndThen???

In light of the NT teaching that the church is ;

the children of God R 8;16
household of God E 2;19
Abe's seed G 3;7
children of the promise G 4;28
elect of God Col 3;12
heirs of God R 8;17
heirs according to the promise G 3;29
the temple of God I Cor 3;16
the circumcision Ph 3;3
the Israel of God G 6;16
A chosen generation
A royal priesthood
A peculiar people 1 P 2;9
Heirs if the Kingdom Jas 2;5
sons of God Jn 1;12
Kings and priests unto God Rev 1;6
the new Jerusalem Rev 3;12
the holy city Rev 21;2
the people of God H 4;9
Mount Sion H 12;22
the heavenly Jerusalem

what is left for the physical nation ?

Once and Future Israel R B Yerby p 47​

Israel is the chosen People...

The problem is, after Israel (10 nortern tirbes) came out of captivity from the Assyrians they traveled over the Caucus Mountains settling in the Americas, Britian, England exc.

When they settled they started calling themselves Christians (gentiles) forgetting that they are Israel and can be traced right back to Abraham..

See the link below for more detail concerning...

http://www.biblestudysite.com/migrationmap.htm

:biglol:screwloose So when exactly was it your ancestors "came out of captivity from the Assyrians"?

:biglol:screwloose So when exactly was it your ancestors "came out of captivity from the Assyrians"?

Hey Sinthesis. Just a quick question for you. When IYO was Genesis 35:11 regarding Abraham's seed becoming many nations ever fulfilled? Clue: Don't forget about Genesis 48:19.

I'm not a British-Isrealist, but there is some truth to the migration patterns they present, confirmed by archeology, linguistics & DNA migration patterns.

The migration patterns also show the movement into other parts of the world as well. Actually all over the world.

So, it should not be a surprise if most people have traces of ancient hebrew DNA, especially considering they were a mixed people throughout the histories contained in the Bible.

Hey Sinthesis. Just a quick question for you. When IYO was Genesis 35:11 regarding Abraham's seed becoming many nations ever fulfilled? Clue: Don't forget about Genesis 48:19.

As far as prophecy regarding Abraham's "seed" the promise of Genesis 22 seems to be the most powerful one to me.

That in blessing I will bless thee and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is upon the sea shore and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies Genesis 22:17

Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea which cannot be measured nor numbered and it shall come to pass that in the place where it was said unto them Ye are not my people there it shall be said unto them Ye are the sons of the living God Hosea 1:10

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing where he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God. 11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. Hebrews 11

After this I beheld and lo a great multitude which no man could number __ of all nations and kindreds and people and tongues stood before the throne and before the Lamb clothed with white robes and palms in their hands Revelation 7:9

1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honor, and power, to the Lord our God: 2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he has judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and has avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. 3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever. 4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia. 5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all you his servants, and you that fear him, both small and great. 6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunder, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigns.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife has made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Revelation 19

Regardless if one is of physical seed, spiritual seed or both, we are in all reality brothers & sisters with the same Heavenly Father. The faithful Believers in Christ are the true heirs just like Abraham. I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you No matter what Abraham knew he was coming back down the mountain with Isaac. Pure faith.

I'm acutely aware of them as well as the ones in Genesis 49.

With great blessings come great responsibility and awareness. When a people loses sight of their Blessor the reminder can be swift. Since history is again repeating itself as a very blessed people is turning away from God and His knowledge the curses may well repeat themselves as well.

As far as prophecy regarding Abraham's "seed" the promise of Genesis 22 seems to be the most powerful one to me.........
Agreed, and it adds even more weight to what I say, but I want to see what Sinthesis says of the original 2 verses I presented. I don't need to say or prove to anyone here where the tribes ended up, but no matter how hard they laugh at the various theories, I have YET to hear an adequate explanation from the naysayers to these verses. Those offered come out twice as laughable. They sweep them under the rug as if they are unimportant, but what they fail to realize is that these SAME promises ALSO contain promises of the Messiah in one bundle. If one disregards the one promise, they disregard all and fashion a Messiah of their own imagination.

Genesis 35:11 is about Israel's descendants, not Abraham's, and was fulfilled by the time of Joshua's death.

Genesis 48:19 is only about Ephraim's then future stature as compared to Manasseh's. The divided kingdom attests to this prophesy being true.

THE MARKS OF ISRAEL
by COL. GORDON "JACK" MOHR
For Christ and Country

While Israelites remain in other countries, America is the home of millions of all the thirteen tribes (one out of many) and thus is representative of the whole House of Jacob. We are bound by Israel's responsibilities; fulfilling Israel's destiny. The MARKS are on us everywhere; in our NAME; in our SABBATH; in our INSTITUTIONS; in our PHILANTHROPY; in our COMMERCE; in our WEALTH; in our MINES; in our AGRICULTURE; in our CHURCHES; in our MISSIONARY ENTERPRISES; in our ARMED FORCES; in our POSSESSION OF THE BIBLE: - all BIRTHMARKS, which neither time, nor the ages, nor even our sin can wipe out.

1. Israel to be great and mighty nation. Gen. 12:2; 18:18; Deut. 4:7,8.

2. Israel to have multitudinous seed. Gen. 13:16; 15:5; 22:17; 24:60; 26:4, 24; 28:3, 14; 32:12; 49:22; Isa. 10:22; Hos. 1:10; Zech. 10:7,8.

3. Israel to spread abroad to the West, East, North and South. Gen. 28:14; Isa. 42:5, 6.

4. Israel to have a new home. 2nd Sam. 7:10; 1st Chron. 17:9.

5. Israel's home to be north-west of Palestine. Isa. 49:12; Jer. 3:18.

6. Israel to live in islands and coasts of the earth. Isa. 41:1; 49:1-3; 51:5; Jer. 31:7-10.

7. Israel to become a company of nations. Gen. 17:4-6, 15,16; 35:11; 48:19; Eph. 2:12.

8. Israel to have a Davidic King (a perpetual monarchy within Israel). 2nd Sam. 7:13,19; 1st Chron. 22:10; 2nd Chron. 13:5; Psa. 89:20, 37; Eze. 37:24; Jer. 33:17, 21, 26.

9. Israel to colonize and spread abroad. Gen. 28:14; 49:22; Deut. 32:8; 33:17; Psa. 2:8; Isa. 26:15; 27:6; 54:2; Zech. 10:8,9.

10. Israel to colonize the desolate place of the earth. Isa. 35:1; 43:19, 20; 49:8; 54:3; 58:11, 12.

11. Israel to lose a colony, then expand, demanding more room. Isa. 49:19, 20.

12. Israel to have all the land needed. Deut. 32:8.

13. Israel to be the first among the nations. Gen. 27:29; 28:13; Jer. 31:7.

14. Israel to continue as a nation forever. 2nd Sam. 7:16, 24, 29; 1st Chron. 17:22-27; Jer. 31:35-37.

15. Israel's home to be invincible to outside forces. 2nd Sam. 7:10; Isa. 41:11-14.

16. Israel to be undefeatable - defended by God. Num. 24:8, 9; Isa. 15-17; Micah 5:8, 9.

17. Israel to be God's instrument in destroying evil. Jer. 51:20; 51:19-24; Dan. 2:34, 35.

18. Israel to have a land of great mineral wealth. Gen. 49:25, 26; Deut. 8:9; 33:15-19.

19. Israel to have a land of great agricultural wealth. Gen. 27:28; Deut. 8:7, 9; 28:11; 33:13, 14, 28.

20. Israel to be rich by trading. Isa. 60:5-11; 61:6.

21. Israel to be envied and feared by all nations. Deut. 2:25; 4:8; 28:10; Isa. 43:4; 60:10, 12; Micah 7:16, 17; Jer. 33:9.

22. Israel to lend to other nations, borrowing of none. Deut. 15:6; 28.12.

23. Israel to have a new name. Isa. 62:2; 65:15; Hos. 2:17.

24. Israel to have a new language. Isa. 28:11 (The Bible, by means of which God speaks now to Israel, is English not Hebrew).

25. Israel to possess the gates of his enemies. Gen. 22:17.

26. Israel to find the aborigines diminishing before them. Deut. 33:17; Isa. 60:12.

27. Israel to have control of the seas. Deut. 33:19; Num. 24:7; Psa. 89:25; Isa. 60:5 (F. Fenton translates this last, "when rolls up to you all the wealth of the sea". That could not be unless Israel controlled it).

28. Israel to have a new religion (New Covenant.) Heb. 8:10-13; 9:17; Matt. 10:5-7; Luke 1:77; 2:32; 22:20; John 11:49-52; Gal. 3:13.

29. Israel to lose all trace of her lineage. Isa. 42:16-19; Hos. 1:9, 10; 2:6; Rom. 11:25.

30. Israel to keep Sabbath forever (one day in seven set aside). Ex. 31:13, 16, 17; Isa. 58:13, 14.

31. Israel to be called the sons of God (i.e., accept Christianity). Hos. 1:10-11.

32. Israel to be a people saved by the Lord. Deut. 33:27-29; Isa. 41:8-14; 43:1-8;44:1-3;49:25, 26; 52:1-12; 55:3-10, 13; Jer. 46:27, 28; Eze. 34:10-16; Hos. 2:23; 13:9-14; 14:4, 6.

33. Israel to be the custodians of the Oracles (Scriptures) of God. Psa. 147:19, 21; Isa. 59-21.

34. Israel to carry the Gospel to all the world. Gen. 28:14; Isa. 43:10-12 (witnesses), 21; Micah 5:7.

35. Israel to be kind to the poor and set slaves free. Deut. 15:7, 11; Psa. 72:4; Isa. 42:7; 49:9; 58:6.

36. Israel to be the heir of the world. Rom. 4:13.

37. Israel to be God's Glory. Isa. 46:13; 49:3; 60:1, 2.

38. Israel to possess God's Holy Spirit as well as His Word. Isa. 44:3; 59:21; Hagg. 2:5.

39. Israel to be God's Heritage, formed by God, forever. Deut. 4:20; 7:6; 14:2; 2nd Sam. 7:23; 1st Kings 8:51, 53; Isa. 43:21; 54:5-10; Hos. 2:19, 23; Joel 2:27; Micah 7:14 -18.

40. Israel is the nation appointed to bring glory to God. Isa. 41:8-16; 43:10, 21; 44:23; 49:3.

"YE SEED OF ISRAEL'S CHOSEN RACE,

YE RANSOMED OF THE FALL,

HAIL HIM WHO SAVES YOU BY HIS GRACE,

AND CROWN HIM LORD OF ALL."
[End]

It is needless to point out that the impostor nation of so-called Israel today in Palestine fulfills none of the Bible's above prophecies of the Israel of God. And if not of God, whence come they? And if from the devil, then why are Christians (Christian Zionists and Judeo-Christians) supporting the lie in defiance of God's Word? Answer: they are apart and away from God and are not following Him, they have grabbed a hold of the skirts of the antichrists. The International Judaics have usurped true Israel's identity so that the non-Hebrew Khazars have been taken by the Christian churches to be God's chosen people Israel. And having disguised themselves as God's chosen they have placed themselves in Israel's place in the prophecies, so as to profane and pervert the below Scripture, for instance—just as satan shall do when he disguises himself as the true Lord during the Tribulation.
Zech 8:23
23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you. KJV

This should have (and would have) been fulfilled at the Advent of Christ, but they murdered Him on the cross instead, thus forfeiting the worldly Kingdom that He was to lead as Ezekiel's etc. prophecies spoke of.

Genesis 35:11 is about Israel's descendants, not Abraham's, and was fulfilled by the time of Joshua's death.

Genesis 48:19 is only about Ephraim's then future stature as compared to Manasseh's. The divided kingdom attests to this prophesy being true.

m03135.gif

See what I mean y'all? (c.f. post 10)

Those Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world !

Who are "God's Chosen People"?

Eph 1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Here's another verse....

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:
Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.
(Isaiah 44:1-2)

I love bible verses. We can all add more here and clear up the OP.

Well you are certainly allowed to show everyone what you demand from God as a fulfillment of Genesis 35:11 and Genesis 48:19.:popcorn

Just that what he said comes to pass. I'm looking at my bible map in ancient Israel's days and I'm sorry. I don't see many nations there. I see specific tribal allotments similar to providences and states. It is one nation and later split into only two.

(Thanks for the popcorn)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back